Chapter Eleven

Find Yourself First

"Tuan...Mark Tuan."

 

"Um...Everyone get back to work, please." Prinseung politely requested as she looked at the ither workers, and they scrammed back to their places. She turned her attention back to the two boys before bidding good bye. "Anyway...I'll get going now. We still need to talk later." She gave her brother a brie stare before leaving, too. 

"I think I should get going now. I'll see you guys around. Sorry 'bout what happened earlier, by the way." Mark said, and quickly returned to his workspace, which turned out to be the desk opposite Prinseung's. 

           Taecwoon appeared to be more tensed by every second that passed. Especially when he saw Mark and his sister conversing. To Taecwoon, he'd do anything possible just to keep his sister. Losing her was just not an option. And he didn't exactly like it when the same name from years ago had popped up in front of him. The only thing keeping Taecwoon from instantly firing Tuan was that he wasn't actually sure if he was a threat yet. 

'If he knew she was Prinseung, and I was Taecwoon...wouldn't he have acted up already...?' He thought, as he looked at Mark and Prinseung chatting animatedly even though their eyes were both focused on their computer screens. But before anything else happened, Taecwoon took out his blue samsung S6 Edge and speed called someone. 

"Yes, Zitao. It's me. I need you to check on someone for me..."

 

          If Taecwoon seemed so intrigued onn his own for a few hours now, it was different on the other side of the floor...

"Oh by the way... I'm really sorry for how I acted earlier. I didn't really know..." Mark apologised as they returned to their desks from the cafeteria, holding some smoking hot coffee on their hands. 

"It's alright. Me and him don't really look much alike. They say many people thought I was from another country." Prinseung explained. 

"It's lunch time... Aren't we supposed to go to a cafeteria or something?" Mark pointedly looked at the desk. 

 

"Ah..Right! I should bring you there." The girl looked up from some documents. "Sorry, I usually stay here to finish up some work. I forgot you were new." She gave him a sheepish smile. "I'll just pack up and we can get going." 

"No! No! I can go there by myself. I don't want to disturb you or anything." 

"No problem! I swear! I finished all my work a few weeks back anyway. I was just checking on what should be done tomorrow...and that can wait." She filed her papers, stood up and signalled for Mark to follow while she walked. 

"Hey! Hey! Wait up! How 'bout your brother?" Mark pointed at her sibling and Prinseung just shrugged. 

"We usually stay at our desks to finish up stuff. We don't really eat together at the office that much. I guess it's okay. I mean he looks sort of busy right now." Prinseung told Mark and continued walking to their destination. "Let's go! I need to tell you something too!"

 

'Where are those two going...?' Taecwoon thought as he looked at his watch. 'She barely even goes to eat there...' But the thought came off his mind when a phone suddenly rang. It rang and it rang and it rang non stop that it almost annoyed him up until his own buzzed on the table. He picked it up unhesistantly and answered. 

 

"What's up, Man?"

"Where is Prinseung?! Why won't she answer any of my calls?!" The person on the other end of the call nearly yelled in frustration. 

"Yah! Can you relax? She probably left her phone somewhere..." Taecwoon paused after understanding that the loud phone that he had been hearing ring was no one else's but his own sister's. "Why are you getting so worked up about it? It's not like she's your wife or something!" 

"Someone sent me a text. There's a bomb planted in there! Get out of the building, now!" 

"What?" 

"GET OUT! NOW!" 

               Taecwoon's eyes grew large as his hand that was held against his ear to support the phone, dropped. He stood up from his seat. Scanned the room. And started yelling;

"EVERYBODY GET OUT OF THE BUILDING! NOW! THERE'S A BOMB PLANTED SOMEWHERE IN HEEE! GET OUT, NOW!" Just with the use of the word 'bomb' every person that was left eating at their desks scattered in a second; pushing; running; screaming; shouting; scrambling.

               The first born of the Jungs ran out for his sister after hitting the fire alarm. Through the sea of people, he squeezed himself until he finally reached the cafeteria. Hands on his knees while he panted heavily. His eyes roamed the room; tables and chairs that were scattered all over the room, a fridge whose door was left open, a television, left over food on almost all the tables and some coffee spilt on the marble floor, the tap running above the sink...and nothing else. No one else. 

"Come on, Jung Prinseung. Where are you...?" Taecwoon panicked even more than he already was when he heard loud continuous heavy footsteps nearing him. And suddenly, the two doors of the cafeteria opened up forcefully and loudly, revealing a team who was fully armoured and dressed in black, Their fibreglass motorcycle helmets were tightly wrapped around their chin. Further above were gas masks and goggles. Tear gas, battering rams, small explosive devices hung on their loaded belts. Some held their Colt Automatic Rifle-15 towards their front, while the rest coovered themeslves behind protective shields, and at the same time, all of them were under the protection of ballistic vests, all individually labelled as "SWAT". One of them hurriedly seperated from a part of the team that enetered the cafeteria and talked to Taecwoon;

"Sir. This way please. You need to evacuate now." He said before signalling his collegue to Taecwoon out of the place and into safety. 

"My sister! I need to find my sister!" Taecwoon screamed and tried to get out of the man's grasp. "Let go of me! I need to find my sister!"

"Sir, please. We will evacuate everyone. But for now, your safety is our priority." The man that first came to Taecwoon seemed to be the chief or leader of the fraction of the team since he kept signalling someone to help Taecwoon out. But the Jung boy stood firm. 

"I am not leaving without my sister!" At that moment, the chief signalled one of his men again, who completely dragged Taecwoon out of the building. 

"Sir, please don't worry. We will find your sister." 

               Taecwoon was, on the other hand, too occupied with the fact that he might literally lose his sister as he faced the building, scanning every floor and window as if he could see through all the cement.Tears were already rolling down his face as he wiped his damp hair back to regain a better vision of the building since it was already covering his face.

               What made him panic even more was when he heard the bomb explode on the seventh floor. Taecwoon's eyes grew larger and larger as he looked up to the sky which was partly covered by the soot from the explosion. The soot became bigger by the second, just like the fire that wasn;t afraid to spread widely. 

"PRINSEEEUNG!" He yelled. His eyes showed fear and desperation as hbis brown pupils moved back and forth from the building, to the other end of the soot that spread incredibly. "PRINSEUNG-AH!" This time, he yelled even louder. "JUNG PRINSEUNG!" 

 

             Just as if he was a magician, four of the SWAT members came out with a stretcher and a body on top of it. Although, the body was covered beneath a white blanket that was stained with blood. Taecwoon didn;'t know how to react when he heard the wheels of the strectcher exit the building doors and near the double doors of the ambulance. 

             He walked closer and closer and closer to the body that laid on the bed before it entered the medical vehicle when the medical team stopped their tracks and allowed the boy to check the unconcious body. With shaking hands, he managed to reach out for the corner of the stained blanket and gradually pulled it lower and lower, while preparing himself for what he could possibly see. And his gut feeling was right. 

 

"P-Pr-Prins-seung-ah." He solemnly said as he caressed his sister's face, ignoring the blood that dripped from the corner of her head. "Y-yah! Yah! Wake up! Prinseung-ah! Wake up, please! Oppa's here! Please!" The older Jung cried out loud while hugging her frame.