Chapter Twelve

Find Yourself First

"P-Pr-Prins-seung-ah."

"Y-yah! Yah! Wake up! Prinseung-ah! Wake up, please! Oppa's here! Please!"

..................................

          While Taecwoon poured all his attention to his unconcious sister by hugging her, he didn't see anything else coming. 

"SURPRISE!" Prinseung yelled awkwardly, not knowing what to expect from her brother who wailed over her 'dead' body. Like a man who saw a ghost, Taecwoon immediately pulled himself up and unwrapped his arms around his sister's frame in shock of hearing a 'dead person's' voice. His eyes became as round as a basketball when he saw the girl alive and smiling at him like nothing happened. At this point, he didn't know, again, how to react to the situation; was supposed to get mad at her for pulling such a foolish and inconsiderate stunt, or should he be happy because of the fact that nothing bad actually happened to her? While he was lost between wanting to kill his sister for making him worry so much and wanting to hug her, someone yelled behind him;

"ARE YOU REEADY? ONE, TWO. ONE, TWO, THREE: GO!" The counting made the boy turn around and see what was waiting for him; a huge crowd of employees, around three hundred of them who 'supposedly' escaped from the 'bomb that was planted inside the building', stood there with huge grins and moon shaped eyes. He then saw that the voice that recently yelled came from the same man whom he had seen earlier in the morning; Mark Tuan, the man who stood like a leader and stood before the the ocean of ladies and gentlemen. 

            And at the coount of three, the sea parted straight down the middle, revealing Taecwoon's closest friends; Jae Hwan, Sang Hyuk, Won Shik, Hak Yeon and Hong Bi, who walked out of the crowd and a few steps before Taecwoon and his sister who was still covered under the white sheet. All together, the staff, crew, janitors as well as drivers, swayed from side to side as they sang the ever so famous birthday song for the celebrant who stood as clueless as a kid who sat in front of different chemicals and formulas. The boy, so surprised, shot his sister a death glare as if implying that he would kill her once they get home. But Prinseung, being the sister that she is, sat up from the stretcher and gave him the same awkward smile, along with two thumbs up while mumbling out the words "Happy Birthday!"

            In the midst of all the singing and swaying, Taecwoon looked up from his sister and found the, what he guessed, was the entire SWAT team that had take part in the purportedly 'bombing ' incident. They were still armoured and dressed in all black, however, now he was able to see their faces as opposed to their covered identities. Their guns were also now facing the ground. Even though Taecwoon was quite frustrated by the prank that turned out to be a surprise, he had enough respect for the men who protected their country from all type of dangers to bow in front of them as a sign of awe and appreciation for their hard work. Next, he turned himself to face the ambulances that waited in front of the building's main entrance. One of those medical vehicles had their two doors open, ready to accept Prinseung; some of the medical team were also present to take her in.

            A little bit more spin and the boy noticed the three Lenco BearCAT SWAT vehicles that were parked messily behind the huge assembly that were stil in the middle of singing "Happy Birthday", perhaps to make it seem like a real and urgent situation was occuring inside the workplace. And when the song ended briefly after what seemed like forever, Taecwoon saw Mark return to the mob and help them lift up a huge banner with the message "Happy Birthday, Jung Taecwoon!". However, it wasn't the only thing about Mark that Taecwoon took notice of; he also observed that Mark was a bit baffled and bothered. But by what, he didn't know. To cut him out from his thoughts, the one and only Jung Princess jumped of the medical bed and dragged her brother towards his friends, particularly closer to Hong Bin, who was carryinging a strawberry cheesecake that was lighted with one candle; Taecwoon's favourite cake. 

"Leo! Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow the candles!" Prinseung excitedly suggested and her brother did what was told. 

"I wish... that Prinseung would be able to run away from me when we get home...because I will seriously kill her for doing this to me." The rest of the crowd that had gathered in a circle, including the SWAT and medical team, and slightly giggled at the Jung siblings while he sarcastically looked at his sister briefly, who stood there trying to act innocent, before he blew out the candle. Once the flame, turned into smoke, everyone around them cheered loudly and lovingly.

            Each and every person that witnessed the surprise had bright and enthusiastic smiles, except one who had turned his back against the crowd and left... But no one seemed to notice him when Prinseung made a small announcement. 

"Everyone, listen up! You guys can just go up and get your stuffs, but make sure to save everything you guys did, alright? Since the surprise was a success. you guys can go home now!" She joyfully commanded them to go home, making the workers so animated that they punched the air and cheered for the Jung siblings; 

"JUNG TAECWOON!"

"JUNG PRINSEUNG!" 

"You guys can go now! Hahaha!" Prinseung ordered generously and everyone squirmed up the building, some even took the stairs under the influence of desperation to get home. In no time, the building's frontal surroundings were emptied, leaving behind the celebrant, his sister and friends, as well as the police and medical team. Within two minutes, the whole area, including the building, was rid of all that went to work, 

"Ma'am." The chief of the SWAT team approached Prinseung with a contract to sign. "Just sign here, ma'am, for the completion of the emergency drill." The young and handsome man gave the pen to the youngest Jung by holding her hand flirtingly while looking at her eyes. Prsineung, on the other hand, was obviously startled and stuck in the embarrassing situation, 

'Dang... He looks dreamy...." but then she snapped out of it. 'Prinseung! Snap out of it!' "Ah, yes." She slightly bowed and took the pen and her hand away from the SWAT member and signed the document. 

            Hong Bin, nevertheless, pushed the cake towards Won Shik who stood beside him and quickly appeared next to Prinseung while she read what was to be signed. He then, incautiously, put an arm around the girl and spoke loud enough for the officer to hear;

"What's that..." Hong Bin wasn't sure if what he was doing was right, causing him to pause. "Jagiya?" Prinseung was fast paced with her thinking and caught up with her best friend's 'plan'. Her brother, though, heard how Hong Bin addressed his sister and smirked, whereas the rest of his friends all squirmed in different directions with hands up in the air, excited faces and open mouths. They managed to keeo quiet despite their 'fanboying' over the two. Prinseung's heart thumped louder than a rocket blasting off to space. She didn't ever expect those words from Hong Bin to affect her; he used to call her 'Jagiya' even when they were young just for the sake of it, but something was different with the way he called her today. It wasn't empty anymore... 

"Ah... They just need my signature for the emergency drill completion, hon." After signing the paper, she looked up with loving eyes and a smile towards Hong Bin, then turned towards the man, that was greatly dissappointed by what he saw, to return the signed document. And this time, the boys behind them, excluding Taecwoon appeared like they won the world cup; the excitement in them grew bigger after hearing Prinseung call Hong Bin 'Hon'. Taecwoon, however, rose his eye brows in surprise of what he just heard from his sister.

             

            The pretend couple turned around to see Taecwoon and the other guys all wearing different faces. Taecwoon intensely eyed Hong bin's arm which seemed to have been stuck on Prinseung's shoulder. Soon enough, Hong Bin noticed this and let go of the girl.

"What now?" Sang Hyuk asked. 

"Let me just grab my stuff from upstairs and let's go home. Mom prepared some great food." Prsinesung smiled and left for her stuff. 

"Do you need me to come with you?" Taecwoon presented himself to accompany her, but she declined his offer. 

"No thanks! I got this!" She shouted as he made her way into the building, further and further from them. 

"Well, guys. Let's at least sit in the lobby. It's too hot in here." Taecwoon came up with the idea which everyone agreed to. 

           

            Prinseung got out of the elevator and proceeded to her desk from there. She packed up her things, logged out her account from the computer and shut it down. But she saw how her papers were still a mess and were scattered all over her workiing area. She always hated when her things were unorganized. Thinking that she just couldn't leave her table like that, Prinseung took a box file from the cupboard behind Mark's desk and was about to walk back to clean up when something caught her attention briefly. 

"Oh! Mark left his wallet. " She stood there for approximately ten seconds, trying to figure out whether she should keep it with her for the day and return it to him tomorrow, or if she should just leave it lying there. 'If I leave it here, he might not find it tomorrow. If I take it with me, he'll for sure get it back tomorrow.' She concluded, and decided to fix up her things in the mean time while she thought of what to do. 

            The black leather wallet sat on Mark's desk patiently until she had finished clearing up hers. Prinseung came back to the wallet and thought that she should at least give Mark a call to let him know it's with her. 

"Aish... I didn't get his number..."Prinseung scratched her head before giving up and just taking the wallet. 

"What's taking so long?" The girl was startled by the sudden voice, causing her to face its source.

"Oh. Hong Bin-ah, it's you. I thought it was some ghost." She gave out an awkward chuckle. 

"Are you done? Your mom already called. We should get going soon." 

"Ahh. Yeah, of course." Prinseung said, and dragged the wallet across the table to get a better hold of it without using her other hand that was occupied by her Lous Vuitton purse. Unexpectedly, something fell out of the wallet and Prinseung had to retrieve it. She bent down, seeing that the thing was actually a credit card. 

"Here, let me help you with that." Hong Bin interupted her and made his way to pick up the credit card from the blue carpetted floor. Prinseung, on the other hand, looked at the wallet to search for an empty slot from which the card may have slipped out from. The left and right face of the wallet showed no vacancy for the card, so the girl flipped the right face, revealing two more faces of the quite fat wallet. There, she saw an empty slot waiting for the credit card to fill up the space. But that was not the only thing that Prinseung saw; on the left cheek of the wallet was a small net-styled screen to give way to a photo of a woman that looked exactly like Mark, except the female version. She looked like she's aged too. 

"Must be his mom..." She mumbled. 

"What?" 

"Mark's kinda weird" Prinseung said, after observing the picture.

"You're kinda weird, you know?"

"Me? Why?"

 "I mean who puts pictures in their wallets these days, right?"

"You're the only person I know in this whole neighborhood who still puts pictures in their wallet."

"Nevermind. Let's go?" Prinseung asked after putting the card back to its rightful position.

Hong Bin nodded to her, held her hand out of nowhere and walked in front of the lift. And when the two doors opened, they entered it hand in hand. 

             No one wanted to let go of one's hand. Hong Bin was sure that it was Prinseung and no one else. Prinseung, felt it again. The thump in her heart, The beat that her heart skipped when he he held her hand. Being surprised with the sudden intimacy, Prinseung's eyes never left the sight of her hand being held by Hong Bin's. And when she did, Hong Bin gave her a sweet, knowing smile, and she returned the same. Soon, they've reached the ground floor, but before anyone, preferably Taecwoon, could see their hands together, they both hesitantly let go of each other. 

"FINALLY! YOU GUYS TOOK FOREVER!" Sang Hyuk complained so loud that it echoed around the empty lobby. 

"Yup, let's go, guys. I'm hungry." Hak Yeon persuaded them. 

"I'm driving. I brought the Rover with me.' Won Shik suggested. 

"YES!" Jae Hwan, and Hak Yeon celebrated. 

        

            Just like good old times, Hong Bin threw an arm on Prinseung's shoulder. For fun. Although, something was weird. 

"LET GO OF ME!" The girl screamed in panic and fell on the cold hard floor. 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER? 

Comment down below guys about what you think may have happened to her. ;)

Another update soon! :))