Chapter Thirteen

Find Yourself First

"LET GO OF ME!" The girl screamed in panic and fell on the cold hard floor a few seconds after Hong Bin laid an arm on her, leaving all the boys stunned by the sudden reaction. They all look at each other, but Taecwoon was the most worried. At the moment she fell, Hong bin tried to help her up, but she only squirmed to keep him away. 

"Don't touch me!" Prinseung was beyond frightened as she gathered her legs to hug them against her tighter. Tears flowed endlessly from her eyes.

The man wrapped an arm around Prinseung and started molesting her, but she was too young to be able to push the drunkard since she was conernered against the wall. 

"Wahhh... So young and so fresh!" 

It wasn't only this man alone. there more of them. But Prinseung didn't bother to count when she was in the middle of being stripped. "Hey, don't get scared. It'll be pure happiness." The man winked at her, creating more fear in the girl to the point when she was already shivering, 

"Prinseung-ah. It's me. It's me. Leo..." Taecwoon slowly approached his sister, making sure first, that she recognizes him. The rest of the boys, including Hong Bin didn't were all astonished, but nevertheless, they were worried for the girl. 

"Won Shik. Get the car." Taecwoon firmly commanded while looking at Prinseung who was still shaking in fear. He had an idea as to why Prinseung was acting that way, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions. "Now!" He repeated when he heard no one moving. Immediately, Won Shik and Hak Yeon ran to the car to park it right out side the doors of the building. 

              Prinseung was focused on trying to get the image out of her head. She didn't understand why such things randomly popped upp but all she knew was she needed to understand everything that was happening to her. This wasn't the first time this has ever happened to her. When she heard her brother's soothing voice calling out for her, she lifted up her head to face him. She was still in tears but at least she got better. Cut

"Leo-ah." Prinseung tried her best not to shake but she couldn't. She was still seated on the floor, specifically in the middle of the whole lobby, a few metres before the lobby's desk. Taecwoon took this as a signal to go ahead and comfort her by hugging her, telling her that it's alright. Hong Bin was dismayed and dissappointed with himself, though. he couldn't accept the fact that Prinseung looked so weak and fragile, and there he was, just looking at her while someone else comforted her. Morever, it was him who caused her to be like that. How was he supposed to come closer to her now... Now that he's the one making her suffer?

"Shh. Shh.. It's okay. We're here." Taecwoon breifly looked at Hong Bin who merely watched Prinseung. "I'm here."

"Taecwoon Hyung! They're here!" Sang hyuk called out as he pointed at the white rover that just parked. 

"Can you stand?" Taecwoon asked his sister lovingly, but worriedly. At the moment, Prinseung was no longer wailing, but no matter how hard she tried to hide it, her eyes depicted fear. Prinseung attempted to stand but it seemed as if the images weakened her whole body, causing her legs to give up on her. 

Back when they were still at the hospital;

"But when it comes to my sister...It's different. You know that." Taecwoon made sure that Hong Bin knew. "There are no friends in family. That's why blood is thicker than water." He continued. "You must've seen how scared she was earlier." Hong Bin nodded to this. "Those times will be more often now. And... as much as I want, we both know that I can't be there all the time." This time, Taecwoon lowered his head at reality. "And when that time comes...someone needs to be there to comfort her. I can see that you have something for my sister... And I know that you're a good guy too." 

"Why are you telling me all these...?" Hong Bin asked, still staring at the wall of the nurse's station. 

"Like what I said earlier. Someone needs to be there to comfort her when I can't do so anymore." Taecwoon looked at the younger boy with pleading eyes. "Can you be that guy? Can you be that guy who'll protect her no matter what?" But Hong Bin didn't reply. "I'm trusting that she'll be safe in your hands."  Now, the younger boy looked at Taecwoon with shock, "Why? Think you can't do it?" He chuckled. "You've been hugging her and holding her hand behind my back, man! Don't tell me you can't do it now?" Taecwoon thought that the conversation was turning out to be too serious and so he decided to lift the heavy atmosphere by jesting, followed by a pat on the back for Hong Bin. 

"Hong Bin-ah... You know how much I love that 'lil packet full of blabber," Hong Bin just chuckled at the words used. "Hurt her once, and I might just call up my ten uncles from Busan, and my thirteen all- boy cousins... to maybe... have a talk with you." Taecwoon had to, of course, execute his 'brother duties'. 

"I'll protect her. You don't even need to tell me all these." Hong Bin promised. 

"Good." 

"Hyung!" Hong Bin spoke up. "I'll carry her." To this, Prinseung looked up and back to his brother who nodded to the request. Either way, Prinseung was in no place to argue at the moment. Taecwoon slowly let go of his sister for Hong Bin who had squatted closer to the Jung siblings; the lad gave a soft, assuring smile to Prinseung before anything else, and raised her stiff arms to wrap around his neck. Finally, Hong Bin gathered all his strength and lifted the light girl. Hurriedly, but safely, Hong Bin made his way inside the car who's door was left open by Sang Hyuk. 

           Once all of them were on board, there was no difference in the seating arrangement; Hong Bin and Prinseung were still seated together with her head on his chest as she fell into deep slumber; Taecwoon was seated beside the driver, also known as Won Shik, and Hak Yeon, Jae Hwan and Sang Hyuk decided that it would be better to give Prinseung some more room and so the three were squeezed at the back. 

"Hyung. Where do we go?" Won Shik looked at Hong bin who was in deep thought, 

 

"Home."

 

 

"What took you guys so long?" Dara opened the door to the boys and Prinseung, who looked a lot more refreshed then ever.

"Sorry, Ma, Pa. Something came up."  Taecwoon explained on behalf of everyone. 

"Ah. Let's eat then. I'm sure you guys are hungry." Jiyong came closer to his wife who stood before the youngsters and laid both his hands on his wife's shoulders, directing everyone to the dining room. But once everyone had left, Taecwoon stayed to ask his parents something;

"Ma, Pa..." 

"Yes?" Jiyong replied. 

"Prinseung... I think we should tell her." But before his parents could say a word, the subject of the talkl called for them; 

"Ma! Pa! Leo-ah! Let's eat!" Her thin, quite high pitched voice travelled through the hall way. 

"We'll be there right away, honey!" Dara tried to cover up what was happening. 

"We'll talk about this later." Jiyong firmly said and left for the dining table. 

"Let's just go for now. It's your birthday, how could you be so down?" His mom cheered him up a bit and hooked her arm with Taecwoon's as they bought made their way to the dining area. Taecwoon smiled. 

 

          In the midst of all that was happening, one lad sat uncomfortably in his room; Lost in the state of disbelief. 

"Ma." Mark spoke softly to the person he missed so much. "I'm lost. I don't know what's going on anymore. And you're the only person that can answer my questions." A tear escaped from his tear deck.

"Is she with you...up there? Is Prinseung-ah really up there with you?

"Ma...now...someone else is showing up... someone with the same name as Prinseung , she too had a brother named Taecwoon. It's just that their surnames are different.

"But even when they knew my name, they didn't know who I was...

"The Prinseung that I knew.... she would never forget me. And i know that for a fact, Ma. 

"Prinseung-ah... You're up there, right? You can hear me right not, right? Do you know what I'm thinking of? That you're not with mom... That you're still with me.

"Please tell me that I'm wrong...Because if I'm right, whatever happens, I will not let go of you anymore. Please tell me that you're with ma... Please." Mark pleaded hopelessly into thin air. 

 

"You guys. Take care on the way back!" The Jungs bid their goodbyes to the young men and came back inside the house. 

"Seung-ah. It's eleven already. You should go sleep now." Jiyong suggested. 

"Ah. Alright then. I was kiind of tired too." She agreed. "Happy Birthday again, Leo! Goodnight, you guys! Love you!" Prinseung said and ran off to her room to get some sleep. 

"Let's talk in the dining room. Now." The head of the family commanded and Taecwoon and his mom trailed behind him on the way to the dining room. A few minutes of silence followed their settling down in the dining room, until Jiyong started;

 

          When Prinseung got to her room, the first thing that came to her mind was to comb her hair before going to sleep. But instead of grabbing the comb, her lipstick that laid lifelessly on her counter rolled down to hit her carpetted floor, and under the chest of drawers. 

"Ugh..." Without further a due, Prinseung kneeled down with her face against the mint green carpet to get a better view of the cosmetic and then reached her hand out the grab it. But when she grabbed it, the lipstick turned out to be a ring... the ring she had lost few weeks back. She carefully stared at it and wondered if it was valuable enough to keep. At the end; 

"I just don't get it. You're so rusty. And old. And dirty. But how come I can't get myself to throw you out, huh?" Prinseung spoke to the inanimate object and was no longer bothered by the lipstick as her attention was more focused on getting some milk before she went to bed. 

"Ah, right, I forget to grab some milk." She stood up from the floor, wore the ring absent mindedly, and descended to the kitchen on the first floor for some milk. 

            She successfully got herself some milk and was headed back to her room when she heard a couple of voices coming from the dining room. Being as curious as she was, Prinseung completely forgot about the moral 'not to listen to other people's conversation' and tiptoed her way to listen to the conversation which she could clearly hear from behind the door. With the glass of cold milk in her hand, she paid careful attention to what was being discussed.

 

"What happened earlier?" 

"She's having these random anxiety attacks. It came to a point when I couldn't even come near her 'cause she was so scared.... She told me once, back at the hospital, about what she dreamt of; she said that it was a man her..." Taecwoon looked worriedly at his dad, then his mom. 

"Jiyong-ah." Dara called out. "I think it's time to-" 

"No." Jiyong straight away interupted her with no desire to hear what she was going to say, "What she dreamt of... It could be some stupid nightmare." 

"But Pa... I was there when that happened to her!" 

"What did the doctor say, Taec?" His mother was ten times calmer than his dad. 

"He said that she fainted because something triggered her memory." Taecwoon confessed. 

"Jiyong listen. Do we really need to hide it from her? What's the point of hiding it from her anyway?" 

"Well, what's the point of telling her?!" Jiyong was mad. Really mad.

"If we don't tell her soon, more of those episodes will run after her! Her past will run after her! Pa!"

"NO!" He shouted. "I've said it before and I will say it again. We are NOT going to tell her anything!"

"PA! Have you seen her go through those attacks?! Have you see how scared she is everytime she experiences those!" 

"Do NOT raise your voice on your father!" Dara interfered. 

"I don't want to lose her either! But if we keep lying like this... we're just driving her away even more!" Taecwoon countered as he stood up. "Ma! Say something!"

"So what do you want to tell Prinseung?! You want to tell her that she's not from this household?! Do you want her to hurt even more once she finds out her own mother threw her out!?" The voices were raising between the two men. 

"You both! Stop it! Taecwoon, do not shout at your father! That is not the way I raised you!" 

"Pa..." Taecwoon looked at his father with hurting eyes. "You're wrong...She won't get hurt even more once she finds out the truth. She'll get hurt once she finds out...that you hid her from her own past...again." With those last words, Taecwoon was about to exit the room when a glass suddenly shattered against the floor, making them turn their heads towards the culprit. 

"Prinseung-ah..." Dara whispered, completely unexpecting her daughter to over hear what was being discussed, or rather, being argued about. 

 

"I'm...." Prinseung was in tears again. And her sobbing made it difficult for her to talk. "I-i'm... out of h-here." 

She ran out of the door. Out of the house. 

She ran out...

Again.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh noooooo. What's gonna happen next? Is history gonna repeat itself!?