Chapter Four

Find Yourself First

             She woke up to the sound of continuous beeping. Everything felt heavy, even her eye lids that barely opened. Her body was heavily bruised too. Purple spots, black spots, green spots, you name it. Exactly after she woke up, panic aroused in her; she shot up with hands planted on the bed for support. Sweat beads start to form on the corners of her face as she panted. Her eyes wide open; no longer feeling heavy. Something was now bothering her.

"Leo! Where is he?! What happened!!? Why am I here!?" She yelled at the figure sleeping in front if her, around 8 meters proximity. But Taecwoon didnt budge which annoyed her very much.

"Aish. How can he sleep like that!?" She thought. "LEO!" This time she gave it her all, despite the pain that was killing her every move she made, threw an apple which she had grabbed from the table beside her directly at her brother's stomach. 

"Yah! What the-" Just when he was about to curse at the flying apple that came from the sky (thats what he thought), he saw the situation that was more important. "You're awake!" He shot up and hugged his injured sister as she tried with all her might to get out of. 

"Leo! Where's mom and dad? What happened? Everything out and...and I dont remember anything." The last few words came out of rather sofly like a whisper. Her eyes showed panic.

"Relax, sis. Nothing bad happened to them. They're just in the other room taking rest. They'll be here soon. And about the accident, well... While you were handling the guys with th-" 

"Where is he...? Is he okay..?" She interrupted her older sibling, looking up to him with teary eyes full of guilt and despair. 

From the look of her eyes, Taecwoon knew who she was talking about. 

"He's... He's in the ICU. Moments ago he just survived a flat line." The room grew silent. And soon, the girl in front of him was forcibly disconnecting herself from the needles attatched to her and struggled as she ran past her brother that stood beside her. Taecwoon, on the other hand, knew that there was no point in stopping her. What she wanted, she always gets. No matter what. 

 

              She made her way through the never ending hallways, trudging past doors that hid different secrets, yet managing to apologize to those whom she had collided with despite the dying thoughts in her head.

'No...no... please be okay.. i'm sorry..' Guilt was gradually eating her just like the tears that covered nearly her whole face as she kept searching for the room.

 

'Intensive Care Unit' she read in her mind. The girl reached out for the door knob, twisting it carefully to gain access. No one was inside and it made her feel worse, thinking that he didn't have his family beside him yet this is what happened. 

"I'm sorry... that you're like this because of me. And thank you so much... thank you.." Her head was hung low when she let another tear escape from her eyes that couldn't bear seeing her savior's condition and unconsiously, it landed on the man's left hand just before his name tag. 

"I'm sorry.... thank i'm well off when I should be on that bed..' She sniffed. "And thank you...because you risked your life for me even though you didn't know who I am.." At the end of her sentence, her fingers reached out for his left hand but before she could read his name on the hospital bracelet, the door opened revealing another girl, causing her to return his hand back on the bed. They both stared at each other for a brief moment before one of them started to talk.

"Who..." The other girl gave off a really baffled look as she tried to ask about the other's identity. Just by the fact that she was asking her who she was and the way she had entered the room so freely without any hesitations assured the youngest member of the Jung family that the lady by the door was somehow related to her hero. 

"I'm the one he saved.... on the bus..." She failed to hide the guilt in her voice as she spoke those words. 

"I'm Prinseung...Jung Prinseung." 

 

            Realization struck Prinseung and thought it would be best do mention her intentions;

"I was just than-"

"I know. It's alright." The other, rather older girl, said to Prinseung with a reassuring smile that somehow managed to calm her at leat a little bit. "I understand. You don't need to explain." She mentioned whilst walking closer to the bed. "Do you need more time? I can just step o-"

"No, No! It's okay. It's okay. I was done anyway." Prinseung gave her a sheepish smile. 

"I'm Lee Seul Ki. His fiancee." She introduced herself politely as she glanced at her future groom. Prinseung nodded.

"I should get going. Before I leave..." The Jung princess shly formed her request and Seul Ki waited for her to continue. "..um.. can I get your number... or maybe I can give you mine. I just want to talk to him when he gets better to thank him." 

Seul Ki smiled, it was one of those smiles where her eyes showed sincerity, happiness and understanding. "Sure. We can exchange numbers. I promise to call you once he wakes up." And with the number written down on her palm, Prinseung walked out of the ICU and heaved a thankful sigh, finally being able to breathe with the hope that her savior would be fine one day. 

    

               She remembered her parents and her older brother who were both at the incident. But not everything that happened. She still needed some answers, and she knew that it would be them who would be able to give her those. When she reached her hospital ward, another man in glasses who wore a worried- fatherly expression along with a nurse welcomed me with nervous eyes. Behind them was her family sitting on the couch with the same anxious faces. Taecwoon, however, gave her an understanding look. Of course, Prinseung knew what this meant.

"Why do I feel like I broke the law..." she raised a brow.

"I just paid a visit to my hero." She explained. The nurse then took this as a sign to assist the girl back to her bed and reattached the lose needles to which Prinseung cringed. "Ma, dad. How are you? Are you guys alright? What happened? Leo? How are you even smiling at this time..? Are you okay? Did any of you guys get hurt?" Still, no one replied, but instead, they looked at her with indescribable emotions as soon as the nurse left. Prinseung was left curious and was about to speak out her thoughts when her brother decided to clarify everything;

"First, we're alright. Right ma? Pa?" He looked at them and they nod, which relieved Prinseung a bit. Taecwoon continued; "Second, we're alright so you don't have to worry. But what I am about to tell you about the incident the yesterday..."

'Right, I was asleep for one whole day...' The youngest realized. 

"I saw everything. From the point where you started beating up those guys, you did a pretty good job by the way- all my efforts training you for ten years finally paid off", He winked at her before resuming with the rest of the details. "to the point where the bus crashed into the wall."

Now that piece of information baffled her traumatized head. 'The bus was running but... crashed?' Prinseung closed her eyes as an effort to try turn the clock hands around. Her eye brows were knotted now. 

"Dear, don't stress yourself out. It's not much of a great memory worth remembering anyway. There are better things to get to know of like-". Their father stopped his own mouth when he mentally noted that his son and wife were all ready shooting death glares at him. 

This woke up Prinsueng from her own thoughts and opened her eyes which looked for clarity from her mom and brother. 

"Honey, what your dad meant was that..-" The mother of two paused for a milisecond. "The story isn't done yet so just listen to your brother." She gave her a rather nervous, small smile. Thankfully to her, Prinseung didn't ask any further. 

"So yeah, lil baby. Back to what happened;

          Grunts and heavy pantings followed by punches and kicks filled the atmosphere. I peeked out to see how Seungie was doing - fighting well, surprisingly. Thank the heavens her daily, but lazy efforts to duel with me in martial arts, eventually paid off today. You broke the guy's arm so flawlessly that I was so happy you never did that move on me. But I halted watching your sprawl with the guy when I felt the bus sway. It wasn't just a usual sway, it was one that would only happen when the driver lost control. The shocking sudden movement was that distinctive. I felt scared. I feared that ma and pa would suffer the most if the bus we were on crashes since we were -technically- on the bus' face.

           So I thought that it woud be best for the three of us to move three steps away from the front, so we crouch- walked to the third seat from the bus' face- two seats away from you. Good thing that no one actually noticed. When i stood up, my life flashed before me when I saw us heading towards a wall. Around a two hundren and fifty metres away. But when I glanced back at you, a man was already approaching you with a knife. My instincts told me to run to you but as he came closer, it seemed harder to reach you even though I was nearly there. 

           In a flash of a blink, I saw him. I saw him cover you safely in his arms even though he took in the knife's impact. He took it like a hero. For you. And I was grateful becuase even though I, myself was not able to reach you, he did. In the midst of everything, the bus finally crashed.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So this was a slightly longer chapteeer! 

I'm still updating despite the fact that its already 1 am guys! 

Please anticipate the nest chapteers!