Chapter Ten

Find Yourself First

            As soon as Prinseung and the boys stepped into the Jung residence at twelve in the afternoon, Dara and Jiyong could no longer hide their excitement as they rushed to their youngest with open arms and big smiles. 

"I'm fine. Hahahaha." Seung laughed at her parents' cute gestures. 

"We missed you so much." Her dad said. She had her mom hugging her waist from her right, and her dad on the left. The boys were now at the kitchen digging up whatever they could since they haven't had a proper meal since eight in the morning when they came to the hospital to wake up their one and only princess. 

"Yeah. Honey, I'm sorry that we weren't able to visit. It seems like the company can't run without us." Dara apologised. "About what happened dear.." She looked at her husband who immediately interrupted her words. 

"Yeah, let's not talk about it anymore, okay, Seungie?" The youngest girl in the house at the moment just nodded. She really didn't want to think about it. "By the way, where's your brother?"

"He had somewhere to go." She replied, trying to hide the fact that Leo went off somewhere without a word. 

"Well. He'll probably be home soon, i'll just give him a call later." Dara smiled. "For now, let's eat. It seems like the boys haven't eaten for years now." She chuckled at the five boys that were eating hastily. 

 

            After a brunch, Prinseung felt at a loss. She didn't get to see who saved her from death. And whoever that person is, he must be really pissed at her for keeping him waiting for about three days already, Of course, she felt guilty about that, but realised that she only had his fiancee's phone number. Subsequently, she took out her phone from her back pocket and searched for 'Lee Seul Ki'. Prinseung thought that she needed to explain herself, and so she headed out to their garden full of bright flowers like daisies and tulips, and phoned up the other girl. A few beeps were heard, but no voice yet. She tried again and when she did, someone picked up the phone at the first beep. 

"Hello? Seul Ki unnie!" Prinseung's eyes lit up but they died down as quickly when she heard someone else's voice. 

"Hello? May I know who this is? Seul Ki left her phone behind. This is..." The person paused for a while. "Her...friend."

"Ahh. So that's what happened? I'm Jung Prinseung. When you meet her, do you mind letting her know that I called?" When she replied about her identity, it seems as if the person she was talking too dissappeared for a moment and came back.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"When you mee-" But she was halted when the man talked again. 

"No, sorry. I meant your name... What did you say your name was?" To Prinseung, she wondered why the person couldn't hear her name when she said it so loud and clearly, but she repeated herself anyway. 

"Jung Prinseung. I was the girl Seul Ki unnie's fiancee saved." 

"Ahh... Um...Al-Alright t-then." The voice stuttered continously as if he had encountered a ghost. "Okay...I'll..I'll let her know." 

"Thank you..." And with that, Prinseung ended the phone call, relieved that the awkward conversation had ended too. 

 

In Mark's Hospital room...

            Mark dropped the phone lifelessly on his bed after hearing the girl speak. He was in a daze and couldn't understand anything that was happening. The name was too familiar to him that it broke his heart once again. He stared at the wall, not knowing how to focus. That name...The name that he has never heard in seven years...The name of the person he lost seven years ago...A name that no one else had. He heard it again...

"Yah! Kwon Prinseung!" He began an emotional apostrophe. "I thought you said you were the only one with that name! Did you hear what she said? She said her name was Jung Prinseung!" Mark let out a bitter chuckle. "And you know what? She said she was the girl I saved..." The boy clutched a ring that was hanging on a metal chain which was around his neck, and stared at it. "Yah! Did you send her to me? Wahh, Kwon Prinseung. You really won't let me forget you, huh? You don't need to send me people that have the same name as you, Seung. I won't forget you anyway." And at that note, his doctor came in with a nurse behind him. 

"Mr. Tuan! Feeling better?" He walked in the room with a huge smile on his fair face, and a hand in his poket. 

"Aren't you supposed to know that?" Mark jested. "And please, Joonmyun. Stop it with all the formalities."

"Hahaha. Nice to know you're doing well!" Joonmyun laughed. "Good news for you, mate! Since your wounds have healed pretty quickly, I don't think there's any reason for you to stay here for long. The tests that we did don't really need you to ben confined since I can just call you back about it. So, Mark. You're free to go tomorrow morning!" He smiled. "I have to go now, I just came to tell you that. There will be prescribed medicinces to keep you out of pain, but other than that, you just need to keep a careful watch at your wound." 

"Thanks, man." Mark's mood was lifted at this news and bid his doctor goodbye, but called him back immediately. 

"Um. Can you do me a favor, maybe?" 

"Yeah sure man. As long as its not illegal." Joonmyun nodded. 

"Is it possible for you to check if someone named 'Jung Prinseung' came to visit me?" Mark spoke. 

"Well. Not really since we don't exactly keep records of visitors of every patient. But if you ask your nurse, maybe she'd know. Should I send her here?" 

"Nevermind. It's alright, I was just curious." 

"Alright then, I better get going. I'll see you some other time outside." Joonmyun patted Mark's shoulder was heading out the door with his nurse when it opened, revealing another doctor. 

"Oh. Dr. Kim!" Jong In greeted the other man. 

"Hello to you too. Not busy?" 

"Just wanted to stop by." Jong In replied and entered the room after Joonumyun had nodded and made his way out of the ward. 

"I heard you guys talking about my patient so I stepped in." The younger doctor sat on the chair placed beside Mark's bed. The chair that once was Seul Ki's place. 

"Jung Prinseung? She's your patient?" Mark was shocked. Why would she be here...

"Yeah. Well, um. To be more specific, she WAS my patient. She was discharged this morning." Jong In told Mark. 

"Why was she here?" 

"She fainted due to shock. Why are you so interested in her anyway when you have Seul Ki?" Jong In looked around, realising that Seul Ki wasn't anywhere in the room. But after seeing Mark gently lower his head, the doctor thought it would be better to leave the topic alone. "Anyhow... How are you, man? Getting better?" 

"You know, I still can't believe you became a doctor." Mark jested. "I really didn't see it coming from you, Dr. Kim."

"I AM surprising, aren't I?" He laughed. His pphine suddenly rang and seeing how it was the nurse station, Jong In knew he was needed. "Let's talk again sometime. I gotta go. You know, DOCTOR DUTIES." He emphasized on the last few words with great conviction and headed out. Mark, on the other hand, watched him leave the room and sooner or later, night fell upon the country. 

 

Back at the Jung Residence...

"Leo!" Prinseung shot up from the couch and rushed to her brother."Where have you been all day?! And why do you look like that?!" 

         Taecwoon looked dead, lifeless and done for. His crumpled white shirt had crimson stains on it, small tiny blots od red liquid. His hazelnut coloured hair was all messed up. And his shoulders were slumped. He stood there in front of his sister...looking her straight in the eye. Prinseung was about to yell at him for coming home so late when she saw the time from the dark washed wooden grandfather clock that was on the other side of the room which said '2:03', yet she didn't when she saw her older brother's eyes. She wasn't scared of his gaze. Never would she be scared of his gaze. But something moved her heart. His eyes weren't mad. They weren't angry. They were sad, sorrowful, somber. 

         Being his sister, Prinseung couldn't just stand and stare at her brother like that. But when she tried to ask him questions, Taecwoon walked past her and up the stairs, until she heard a door from the second floor close and click to lock. She was full of worry. Ever since she was born, Prinseung can't think of a time when she's ever seen her brother like this. Although, the girl thought that it couldn't be just because of a girl. It could be something else. She's never seen her brother with a girl and she trusts that if he did have a girlfriend, he'd at least show her to the family. But then again...

'It's not because of a girl, is it?' Prinseung thought as she glanced at the door of her brother's room that was visible from where she was standing. "It can't be..."

 

         A few cold nights passed. A few days passed too. But no matter how much Prinseung tried to get it out from her brother; for a whole week straight, she entered Taecwoon's room without his permission, hoping that once he gets annoyed by her non-existing manners. When that didn't work out, she'd cook her bother his favourite meals, something like a bribe. But that didn;t work either. 

         Its been two weeks since that night already. Yet, Taecwoon did everything he could do dodge his sister's questions. He didn't really want to tell her what happened that night for two reasons: First, she was sure she'd get mad at him for not informing the rest of them. And second, he thought there was no use if he was going to relay everything and just hurt himself again in the process. 

         This time, Prinseung tried a different tactic. She planned to cling onto him wherever he goes for the whole day until he fionally opens up. The reason why Prinseung was doing all this was because she can't handle it when her brother is down and she doesn't know what to do. For her, Leo was her closest family member and seeing him in the state he was in two weeks back, even though he looked alright now, was something rare. So she had to do something because though he looks tough the next day, she knew his heart was soft enough to tear like a feather. 

          The Jung siblings were walking towards Jung Corporation; a huge twenty storey building that ran under the hands of the Jung elders. The two were interns since they both hadn't finished college yet. Prinseung was a freshman in the upcoming school year, whereas her brother just finished his third year of college, meaning that he had two more years left to graduate. 

          From the moment they stepped out of the Mercedes- Benz, Prinseung clinged onto Taecwoon's tall figure, not even allowing other peoples' stares get to her. She was determined. Taecwoon sighed and continued to walk. He just let the younger one cling onto him since the last time she did was years ago...back when she still didn't know the truth. He didn't deny that he missed the feeling of having his clingy sister around, so he acted irritated and annoyed. From the basement, to the elevator, until they reached the designated floor, the girl just didn't let go of his arm, earning jealous stares from the female staffs they passed by. They knew that they were the Jung siblings though. 

"Leo! Leo! Leo Leo! Tell me!" 

"What? Get your act straight and let go of my arm. We're at the office already!" Taecwoon tried to get rid of her now for real since he had laready reached his desk but his optimistic sister won't budge. Everyone was already looking at them with mixed emotions; he knew that some of them thought that it was a sibling type of bonding, but some just found them a nuisance and unsophisticated, unlike their parents. 

"Loser. I finished all the sales reports I had to submit to day, weeks before!" She pulled out her tongue at him. Prinseung wasn't lying though. She did finish up all her work early, around weeks before. 

"Good for you! Now let me go!" He was serious now. 

"Just tell me!" 

"Seung-ah! Please!" His plead made her pull her hands back. 

"Why won't you tell me?" At first, Taecwoon was alright with what she was doing, but to him, the office grounds was not somewhere to play. 

"Why won't you just stop!" He couoldn't take it anymore, although he didn't intend to raise his voice on her. 

          This was the first time Leo had ever raised his voice in front of Prinseung, So certainly, the younger one was shocked and scared by the sudden outburst of her brother. It wasn't only her, the rest of the floor stared at the boy. They all knew how loving those two were towards each other, thus seeing them like this made them, well, most of them gasp in awe. 

          In the midst of all this, there was a guy who stepped in regardless of the warnings and objections he received from his coworkers. That guy turned Taecwoon around by his shoulder and spoke without even understanding the situation first, or even looking at Prinseung who was still aghast. 

"Hey man. You and I both know that not a way to treat a lady." When he finished his sentence, the three heard everyone gasp and soon, they started huddling in groups and converse about what was happening and what was going to happen. Another staff member that stood on the sidelines began gathering the rest of the floor, betting on who would win the fight. 

           Taecwoon brought his guilty eyes up and changed them into a fierce stare as soon as he saw the unknown guy. Then he looked at his should where a hand was still placed. 

"And you are?"Taecwoon asked, brushing off the guy's hand from him. 

"Does it matter? Is that the way you treat your woman? Huh?" Instead of giving the answer right away, the unknown guy stuck to what he believed in. As soon as everyone on the floor heard the phrase 'Your woman'.. it went wild. But he continued carelessly while Taecwoon was so ready to laugh at him. "Real men don't hurt women." 

"OHH! HE SAID 'REAL MEN DON'T HURT WOMEN!'"  The guy who was betting for money shouted out loud mockingly. Taecwoon was slightly offended, but he didn't mind it since the person in front of him was still going on and on about how he thought Prinseung was his girlfriend, and it was just too funny for him. So he just laughed in front of everyone, while the guy stood in confusion. "Is this something you laugh at!?"

"D-dude!' Taecwoon couldn't even talk properly because it was that funny for him. "Dude!" He spoke, after being able to control himself. "She's not my girlfriend, man! Hahahaha!' At that moment of revelation, the guy opposite Taecwoon gaped in embarassment and complete surprise. "She's my SISTER! Hahahaha!" 

"Oh... You guys don't really look alike that much." He tried to cover up. 

"Yeah. We kinda get that a lot." Prinseung finally spoke up and gave the boy a proper smile, even if she, herself, laughed so hard at the assumption. But fate just keeps surprising the guy, as when he turned around, he saw a familiar face. He knew he had seen her somewhere, but he just couldn't point a finger on it. 

"Anyway, what's your name, pal? I think this is the first time you've been in here since you thought we were a... you know." Taecwoon refused to say the actual word, afraid that he'd burst into laughter again. The boy turned back to him and after a few seconds...

"Tuan. Mark Tuan."

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay guys now this is the longest chapter i've ever written. haha! 

Sorry for the really late updates. I just haven;t been finding time to do so. But dw! Ill update as soon as I can!

Hope you liked this chapter!