Chapter Eighteen

Find Yourself First

        It's been almost a week since Prinseung ran away. It's also been a week since Mark saw her. His suspicion grew as each day passed by; there were just too many similarities between Kwon Prinseung and Jung Prinseung; both their brothers had the same name and the same birthday; if Kwon Prinseung was alive, she'd be the same age as her; and that ring. Only the two of them (Mark and Kwon Prinseung) had those rings. No one else in the world would get the same exact design anywhere. 

"If she is Kwon Prinseung, then how come she can't recognise you?" Jackson asked Mark. 

"Yeah, and her surname's different too." Jaebum pointed out. The seven boys were scattered in Mark's apartment which looked much smaller than it was due to the company; Jackson and Bambam were seated on the floor in front of the tv playing Mortal Kombat X, while Youngjae and Yugyeom made snacks in the kitchen. The rest of them - Mark, Junior and Jaebum- were seated on the white couch, concentrated on the pictures Mark had developed that were laid out on the coffee table. Pictures of Prinseung- Kwon and Jung. 

"Where'd you get these from, man?" Junior was asking about the pictures of Jung Prinseung. 

"I took those myself." 

"That's stalking, you know?" Youngjae butted in. 

"I didn't get caught, so I guess it's not stalking." Mark said. "We were even on the same tour bus in Spain. This was while waiting for the bus. I guess she didn't notice since she was bickering with her brother." He shrugged.

"Well, if you ask me. They look somehow the same." Jaebum place Kwon Prinseung's photo next to Jung's for a better analysis. 

 

"This picture was from that day she was supposed to receive a gold medal for cycling." Mark pointed at Kwon Prinseung's picture (left). "She was waiting to be called." He picked up the picture and carressed Kwon Prinseung's face, imagining it was her. 

"Let me see that." Yugyeom walked away from the sandwiches he and Youngjae made and snatched the photo from Mark, as well as picked up a photo of Jung Prinseung from the table. 

"What do you think?" Bambam paused the game in the middle of Jackson's KO and turned towards Yugyeom. 

"I'd say they could be twins." he nodded. 

"But what if they just really look alike, hyung?' Youngjae asked. "You do know that there are aroung seven people who look exactly the same in this world." 

"There's too many similarities. She can't just be a dopple ganger." Mark shook his head slightly. 

"Then why is her name 'Jung' instead of 'Kwon'?" Junior brought up the obvious question. 

"Mark! Don't you think it's possible?" Jackson turned to them with an idea.

"What?" Everyone was now looking at him. 

"You said she can't remember you. Her surname's different now. They look exactly the same. Even her brother looked the same as Kwon's. What if she got amnesia?"

"Stupid! If she got amnesia, why would they change all their surnames?" Jaebum threw a pillow at him, thinking the possibility of that happening was low. 

"Think about it! She can't remember Mark!" Jackson shot back. "And it wasn't like they were toddlers the last time they met. She would definitely know him!" 

"Then how come Leo hyung didn't recognise me?" Mark asked him seriously, But Jackson couldn't answer his question. 

"Are you sure he didn't?" Yugyeom shot him a question. 

"What do you mean? I had to tell him my name when he saw me at the office."

"What if he knew who you were...after you told him your name?" The youngest cleared the confusion up.

"What are you even saying?" Junior looked at him. 

"Something's strange." Mark suddenly said while looking away as if he had just discovered the moon. 

"Isn't everything strange?" Bambam mumbled. 

"I got someone to investigate what happened to the plane they rode seven years ago." Mark announced. 

"Again?" Jaebum was surprised. 

"Something was weird." Mark sighed and stood up to walk to the kitched blankly. "They didn't find her body back then."

"So?" They chorused. 

"So." He turned to them. "How are they so sure that she died?" 

"It makes sense.' Youngjae spoke up. "It connects!" He told them. 

"What connects?" Yugyeom was lost. 

"If she really was never found, then there's a possibility that she survived. AND, maybe she lost her memory." He explained.

"No." Mark objected. "No. It's not possible."

"And how are you so sure?" Jackson asked. 

"Because," 

"Hyung." Bambam called out. You can't deny it. She might be alive."

"She might just be Jung Prinseung."


      Aside from the fact that Prinseung has no background details, something else was bugging her. It's also been a week since the last time Prinseung laid her eyes on Hong Bin and it affected her greatly. Thoughts of him hating her, of him wanting to be away from her, of him never wanting to see her again roamed her head. She wondered how he was and even tried finding out how he was through Taecwoon, but she got no information whatsoever. 

      The sun was just about to set outside, but Prinseung's thought were still unstable. What does she even think of first? Things are just all over the place. Her life was all over the place. She was going to lay down on the sofa in the living room when the doorbell rang. Annoyingly, she got up and walked to the door lazily thinking it was someone from the family so she didn't bother fixing her messy stressed out hair. To be very precise, Prinseung currently looked like someone who has lived on the streets for weeks. But it was all because of the stress. 

       Prinseung unlocked the door and brought her gaze uninterested gaze up to meet his.She suddenly wanted to crawl under a blanket and hide inside a hole underground like a worm when she realised who the person was. 

"I didn't see you for like what? More than a week and this is what happens to you?" He asked. 

"Hong Bin!" Prinseung jumped on him, causing him to almost fall backwards. 

"Hey, calm down." He laughed. "Did you miss me that much?" 

"Why haven't you been answering my calls? It's been a week! You've been ignoring me for a week!"

"Get dressed. I have permission to kidnap you today." He let go of her and smiled. 


 

"This place is still beautiful at night." Prinsueng complimented the pure waters of the Han river. This was where Hong Bin would drag Prinseung to whenever one of them had some sort of problem, or maybe just for a hangout, when they were kids. "By the way, what Mark said, It's not true."

"What happened that night? Why'd you run away?" Hong Bin ditched the question. 

"I thought my brother would've told you by now." Both of them were just looking at the scenery before them. No one dared to look at each other. 

"So, what happened?"

Prinseung let out a deep sigh and spoke, "I'm not a Jung. I was adopted. I'm gonna look for my parents. And there's someone called Yien,"

"I'm sorry... You don't have to tell me if you're not ready."

"It's alright. I've been meaning to rant. I just couldn't." Prinseung gave him an empty smile and looked back at the river. "I can't remember Yien, I don't even know who he is." SHe took out the picture she's been unconciously keeping with her and showed Hong Bin. "I don't know who he is, mom just told me we were bestfriends, but I can't even remember him." 

Just then, Hong Bin remembered Taecwoon's words...

"When my parents came, with some people, we brought Prinseung over to this hospital. And thankfully, nothing much happened to her, she only suffered from minor injuries. But when she woke up the next day, she couldn't remember me or ma or pa. Nor did she remember what happened to us the night before. Anything before that was erased too."

 

"Why can't you remember him?" Hong Bin chose his words carefully, hoping to send a message over.

"Because he-" Prinseung stopped herself after realising that she had no idea why she can't remember the boy in the picture. As far as she can tell, she was around 13 years old in the picture, and she was thrown away when she was an infant. Prinseung looked at Hong Bin; "i was around thirteen in that picture. So how come I can't remember him? I should be able to tell who he is at least."

"Do you remember anything during that time? Maybe your childhood?" Hong Bin wanted to help her sincerely and so kept dropping questions that'll give her something to think of. 

"I can't remember...

 

"I can't remember... anything." 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Credits to the owners of the pictures i used above! 

Getting closer and closer to the truth aye? 

Guys, i'm gonna be very busy starting next week. So if you want me to update, tell me what you think about what happened so far, and vote! 

Please don't be silent readers! 

Five or more upvotes if you want an update real soon! xx.