Chapter Fifteen

Find Yourself First

Back at the Jungs....

"Ma. Hong Bin called!"

"What? What did he say?" Jiyong anxiously asked. 

"Is she alright? Did he find her?" Dara, too, was fidgety. 

"He found her. She's alright." Taecwoon said, however, he wasn't fully relieved. 

"Oh, thank the heavens!" Dara let out a relieved sigh as she held her chest. "So, where are they? Are they on the way home?" 

"She... She didn't come with him..."

"What do you mean 'she didn't come with him'?!" Jiyong was frightened as he questioned his son. 

"Well, where is she now?!" Dara panicked all over again. 

"She asked Hong Bin to keep it from us or else she really wouldn't come back on her own..." Taecwoon lowered his head and played with his phone, not wanting to see his parents' reaction. 

"That's non sense!" Jiyong said. "Call Hong Bin and ask him where you sister is!" 

"Jiyong-ah..." Dara wanted to calm her husband down by holding his arm but it didn't work.

"NOW!" Taecwoon was startled by his father's lion-like roar. 

"She's alright. She's with someone." 

"What do you mean she's with 'someone'?! She's with a stranger?! This late at night?! It's two am!" Jiyoung was not afraid to yell. 

"Who is she with?" Dara was aroused by the fact that her daughter was with someone unknown in the middle of the night. 

"Mark." He mumbled. 

"I said, WHO IS SHE WITH?!" Jiyong barked, not hearing the name. 

"Mark? Mark who?" Dara questioned. 

"Mark Tuan..."

"Who the heck is that?!" Jiyong was even more angered by not knowing who his daughter was with. "Hurry up and call Hong Bin, we're picking her up."

"That's not possible..." Dara spoke like she had seen a ghost and stepped back unconciously, causing Jiyong to grab her, keeping her from falling. 

"What? Do you know that guy?" Her husband grew curious. 

"Mark..." She looked at him. "He... He was Seung's.... Seung's bestfriend before the accident." 

              Jiyong stared at her, not believing what she had just told him. Prinseung, to Jyiong, shouldn't have anyone around her from the past. To him, it would only ruin the beautiful rhythm his family had now. He couldn't risk his daughter finding out about the past. And clearly, if that Mark-guy comes back to her... 'It's gonna be harder to hide it from her. To hide her past...' He thought. 

"Make sure he never gets anywhere near her." Jiyong told his son, before the main door of the house openend, revealing a damsel in distress. 

         Prinseung looked at her family with heavy eyes, dark circles invaded her face. Her eyes were dead but she was certainly alive. She stepped into the house and closed the door behind her slowly. Her mom rushed to her to engulf her in a hug, so sudden that Prinseung had to take a step back to keep her balance. But she didn't return the hug; instead, she gave her father an empty look, same went for her brother. And by the time Dara had let her go, Prinseung spoke;

"I came back because I need answers. Don't expect me to be so kind." she warned them. 

"Ask." Jiyong told her nervously. She might ask her the heaviest questions.. questions which he couldn't answer. 

        The family was not seated anywhere. All four of them stood in the hall way connecting the living room and the kitchen. After all, who exactly has time when they were about to discuzz heart wrenching issues? The house was silent, but the cry of Prinseung's heart could be easily heard. The heart beat of Jiyong's frightened heart wasn't that quiet either. 

"Where are my parents?" Prinseung started, keeping her gaze firm. 

"We didn't meet your parents." Jiyong replied, not wanting to add more things. But Dara was different.

"We saw you at a church doorstep...while we were on a trip." 

"Which country? Where?" She continued asking them ignorantly. 

"Puerto Prinsesa." Taecwoon told her. 

"Philippines." Prinseung nodded. "That explains why I look a lot different from you guys." She chuckled bitterly. 

"That's how we got your name." Dara added. "We named you after where we found you." 

"Found." She repeated. "So you guys didn't really want me, huh?" She looked at her father who tried to explain, but she cut him off. "What are my parents' names?"

"We don't know." Taecwoon answered her with his head lowered.

"Wow. Wow." She looked at them mockingly. "You picked me up...No. You found at a church, but you didn't even bother to look for my real parents. Didn't you ever think that I would go look for them? Or did it even come to you guys that one day, i'd at least want to know who they were?!" Prinseung noticed that she was getting a bit worked up already. 

"Prinseung-ah, we didn-" Jiyong wanted to really tell her everything. Or at least tell her what he wanted to say about the topic. 

"'Didn't? Didn't what? You didn't expect me to find out? So you guys thought that I was never ever supposed to find out?" Prinseung lowered her head to regain calmness and talked to them again. "Do you even know my real name?" She was about to give up on them. 

"Chanelle. Chanelle Rocio." Dara admitted. "We saw it on a peice of paper attached to your shirt when we found you."

"Was I a dog?!" She yelled. But before she could start crying, her father spoke. 

"You didn't have friends back then." He lied, Taecwoon looked at him discreetly. Prinseung caught him lying outwardly. 'If I didn't have friends, then who was that I keep hearing?' She thought to herself. 

"Prinseung-ah." Taecwoon called her out. But she corrected him. 

"It's Chanelle." She said. "Right, Pa?" 

"Chanelle... "

"What else is there for me to know? Because i'd rather get myself killed today than tomorrow." She told them confidently. However, before Taecwoon could tell her what he was supposed to, their father cut him off.

"We'll help you look for your parents." 

"No. I want to hear what Leo wants to say." She ignored her father's proposal, as something appeared fishy. Taecwoon glanced at his father before talking hesitantly;

"Yeah. We'll look for your family." Her older brother repeated. 

 

          Mark reached his door mat punched in his door code, unlocking his house. It was a nice studio apartment; a kitchen with all that you'd need, a neatly arranged bed with diamond blue covers,a white sophisticated couch just beside that, and a samsung forty-inch television attached to the wall. The boy went straight to the full glass wall next to his bed and drew the curtains, revealing a beautiful view of Seoul's night life. He took a heaving sigh, and rubbed his thumb on the ring that hung around his neck on a chain. 

"Ma." He spoke into thin air. "I was at their house earlier. I was amazed actually. Years passed but that house never died. Everytime I go there, it still hurts. It's annoying! It's been seven years but that girl just won't let me forget her. Shameless Seung." He chuckled at his own sarcastic comment. "I met someone interesting, actually. She was the girl I saved on the bus. And frankly, she didn't even recognize me. She had Prinseung's name too. She was like Prinseung... Exactly like Prinseung."  

        Mark grabbed his phone from the bed (he threw his phone on the bed when he came in) and dialed a number. 

"Hey Mark. What's up?"

"Yixing hyung." Mark spoke. "I need you to check up on something for me."

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Seoul Airlines, flight A554 to US." He remembered oh-so-flawlessly. 

"Copy that..." Yixing replied before something came to his mind; "Mark."

"I know what you're gonna say, hyung." 

"Mark, she's gone. Stop it." 

"She's not. Believe me. She's not. She's just beside me." Mark contradicted him.

"Mark-" Yixing was cut off by the younger one. 

"Hyung, I need all details about that flight; all passengers; survivors; deaths; aeronautical failures. As soon as possible." 

"Mark, I just don't understand why you're still digging this up! I handled this case seven years ago and I know it more that anyone else. And she's gone. Please, Mark. Don't build your hopes up." He advised him like an older brother would do. 

"You handled it seven years ago and the only thing you guys reported was that she was gone. You and your people never even found her body!"

"Look, the NBI did everything. We searched for her-" Yixing was cut off again. 

"The only thing you guys said was that the plane crash landed. Where? When? I need all of those details." Mark demanded. "She is not dead." He proclaimed. 

"Fine. But don't be too dissappointed." Yixing warned him and ended the call. 

Mark just paid attention to the wonderful coloured darkness of the city, and brought himself back to his thoughts. 

"You're the only one that has that ring." He said, and picked up the phone again. 

 

On the other side of Seoul;

"Ah, yes. How are you?"

"We have a problem."

"What is it?"

"He's looking into it again."

"Then give him the same thing." The man said. "You should stop by sometime. The family misses you."

"Will do, uncle."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Any guesses on who that man is? xD

The fun's just about to start guys!