Chapter Nineteen

Find Yourself First

"I can't remember...anything." Prinseung repeated this to Hong Bin in disbelief. 

8:05pm

 


2:01am

"How come I can't remember anything?" 

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked. The family was gathered in the living room after Prinseung was dropped by Hong Bin before two o'clock in the morning. 

"My childhood. I don't remember anything."

"How can you not remember anything? You were so happy back then, remember?" 

"I don't."

"Prinseung-ah." Dara talked before her husband could even open his mouth. "When you were young, you got into an-" But of course, Jiyong didn't let her get her way.

"An academy." Prinseung shifted her gaze back to the man who stood as her father for many years. "You were in a volleyball academy. Do you remember at least that?" He nervously asked, but the youngest in the room still thought something was fishy.

"I remember that, since it was the thing you guys told me back in the hospital...years ago."

"Then what are you asking us?" Taecwoon spoke up.

"The rest!" Prinseung's voice was a bit louder now than before. "Where's the rest?! My school days! My friends! My activities! MY LIFE!" She couldn't handle the pain of not being able to remember anything.

"You were homeschooled with Taecwoon's friends! Remember? That day when you were at the hospital, they came and explained everything to you. THEY were your friends!" Jiyong tried to explain but every word that he spat out caused Prinseung's patience and trust in him to lessen. The girl took a deep breath to calm herself down before talking to him again.

"Is that true?" She asked Taecwoon with eyes that are asking him to tell the truth. Taecwoon, on the other hand, was startled by the fact that she asked him. He wanted to help her, but she was scared of what Jiyong would do to anyone from Prinseung's past. Jiyong looked at him, and Taecwon felt the pressure. 

"Y...Ye..Yes." Taecwoon apologised to Prinseung through his eyes, but it seemed like the apology failed to reach her. Prinseung knew that she shouldn't do what she wanted to do; to show her father the poicture of 'Yien' that she found. But at the moment, she couldn't think of anything else that can possibly show her the truth. She was tried. Tired of the father's lies. All she wanted was the truth. 

Prinseung pulled out the picture of her and the guy called 'Yien' from her back pocket and threw it at the table. "Then who is that?" Prinseung gave her father a challenging look, whereas Taecwoon and Dara were both scared of what could posibly happen next. Dara sincerely asked her to keep it to herself for now, but now...

"Where did you get that from?" Jiyong's gaze changed instantly from soft to angry. 

"Why? Was I not meant to find it?" She raised her brows. "I know you know him. Who is he?"

"From now on, you are not allowed to leave this house." 

"Huh. Why not? You don't want me to know about Yien?" 

"Prinseung!" Taecwoon tried to stop her from letting their father know that she knows more now, but Prinseung's anger gave it all away.

"I didn't have friends? Then who is he?!" She was startingto get pissed. "My best friend, right?!" She was already shouting. 

"So what if he is?! You're gonna leave? You're gonna leave his house and go with him?! You're gona leave us here for your parents who threw you away?!"

"Why did you lie to me?!" 

"Enough!" Dara ended the argument. 

"You are not allowed to leave this house, young lady." Jiyong reinforced his rule.

"You can't do that!"

"PA!" Taecwoon wanted to reason with his father, but nothing. 

"You!" Jiyong looked at his son. "Stay out of this. And you, young lady, will do whatever I tell you to. Because you are under MY roof. And for as long as you are, you will follow what ever I say."

"I hate you!" 

Jiyong's heart cracked whe he heard those words. It hurt him. Those were the words he never wanted to hear from her. But he knew that shewould leave him if he doesn't keep her under house arrest. 

"Lock the gates, and make sure she doesn't leave the house." He told Taecwoon before leaving. 

"Leo! Please!" Prinseung held on to her brother's arm in an attempt to appeal to him. it was hard on him too. He didn't want to, but he had to. He knew the consequences. 

"I'm sorry." He looked away and locked the door, as Dara went to follow her husband. 

"You too?" Prinseung started crying, but when he didn't respond, she left the living room ad headed back to her room. 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Short updateeee! 

xxx.