Chapter Five

Find Yourself First

"So 'cause of him I'm alive...He took what was supposed to be mine. He saved me. And now he's like that..." Prinseung looked up to her brother who was now seated on her bed, facing her. 

"Honey, just be thankf-"

"No! No mom! How can I be thankful? How can I even live knowing that he's in the ICU!" She cut of her mom. "I should be laying there! I should've been the one that got stabbed, mom! Not him! He went through death and back! BECAUSE OF ME!" Her tears flowed like the niagra falls when she pointed at herself harshly. Taecwoon could'nt help but hold her hand giving comfort when his sister started sobbing. He hated seeing her cry. 

"He almost died because of me..." Her last sentence came out like a whisper. Her mother and father too, just like Taecwoon, knew that courage was all she needed right now. They both warmly hugged their children. 

"Honey, calm down." Her mother carefully rubbed her tears away with high hopes that her gesture would rub away all the guilt too. 

 

"Let's go home..." Their father said. To this, Prinseung raised her head with a fiercer face ready to fight. Even Taecwoon became surprised at the sudden suggestion.

"NO! NO NO, DAD! WE CAN'T! WE CAN'T LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS! I CAN'T LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS!" The youngest of the family conveyed a strong resistance to her father's soft words. "I haven't even talked to him! He almost died because of me and you're telling me to go home!?"

Her mom merely rubbed her arms, trying to calm her daughter. 

"I know... I asked his guardian about him. She told me that they're gonna fly him back to Korea soon, Prinseung." He was now pleading for a 'yes' from his daughter. "You can visit him when he gets there! That's not a problem! Let's go home. Let's forget about what happened."

"But..." She no longer had any counter argument she could think of at that time.

"We're leaving tomorrow."

 

 

The main door of the Jung residence in Korea bursted open, revealing five young men.

"WELCOME BACK!" They all lively shouted. Taecwoon being all alone in the living room, jumped in response to the loud surprise. His eyes that were recently fixated on the television screen, now eyed his friends, completely confused.

"What are you guys doing here?" He straightfully asked.

"We're just glad that you're alive!" Sang Hyuk jested. Hak Yeon's hand landed on his youngest mate's face immediately, making Taecwoon bitterly smile. 

"Don't listen to him. We heard about what happened. How's the family?" Hak Yeon asked with a compassionate tone and a hand on Taecwoon's shoulder.

"We're good. Well, recovering. Seungie's at the hospital getting a check up with mom and dad." The latter nodded.

"Wait.. What happened to Prinseung?" Hong Bin worriedly investigated. "What happened to her? Is she okay? Why is she at the hospital? Which hospital? For how olong will she be there?"

"Relax, lover-boy!" Won Shik chuckled at the boy's reaction. "You act like you're her boyfriend!"

"I am!" He defended himself, making Taecwoon nike an eye brow at him. "Well, technically i'm her best friend. Specifically, her guy- best friend. That kinda makes me her boy-dash-friend." 

"Tsk. Just admit it already man." Jae Hwan suggested with a soft voice before elbowing the boy on the hot-seat.

"Admit what?" The brother of the concerned girl spoke. 

"Nothing!" Jae Hwan and the defensive Hong Bin chorused. 

"She's just at the hospital for a check-up, you idiot. Didn't you hear him?" Sang Hyuk punched the side of the said 'best friend'.

            Hak Yeon soon silenced everyone, bringing their concern back to the well being of the family. And later on, they were already watching the latest football game on television, being as loud and noisy as they could get; pushing one another off the couch, drinking soda, laughing, yelling the their chosen team's victory, chanting encouraging team songs, bickering at times too. Even though they were like this, just like old times, the house wasn't a mess or 'trashed' as some people called it. This particular group of friends, surprisingly, maintained cleanliness in the house; the emptied pizza boxes the boys had brought earlier were neatly stacked on the centre table in front of the television; the soda cans went straight into the dustbin. This was all because of Jae Hwan telling the rest of the boys what to do from time to time, making sure that the house they had 'crashed' (they informed the parents though..) was somewhat similar to its state when they entered it earlier. 

            In the midst of all the fun, one of them remained quiet. Deeply day-dreaming. Obviously disturbed but not so obvious since only one person was able to notice his unusal silence. 

"What's up man?" Hong bin stood up from the floor and sat beside the silent Taecwoon on the couch. "What's the problem this time around? He joked. 

"Won Shik was sitting there." Taecwoon dodged the question but did not even give the boy a glance. 

"Who cares about Ravi. What's wrong man?" This called to the attention of the rest of the boys, including Ravi who previously stood up to throw the garbage. 

"She came back." He whispered. 

"Who is?" Hong Bin tried to understand. 

"She's with someone else now." Taecwoon's head naturally lowered at his own words. Hong Bin now understood the subject of the topic. He then gave Hak Yeon a meaningful eye. 

"Oh, guys. Let's get some food from the kitchen." Doing what he was mentally told, Hak Yeon awkwardly diverted the boys into the kitchen to get the supposed 'food'. No one dared to contradict the idea, so soon the living room was all left to the two. 

 "She's getting married..." Taecwoon sounded like the whole world was at his shoulders. Pain was present in his voice. Pain that wasn't new, but the sort of pain that was brought about by the years that had passed. 

"Bro, sooner or later, you should've known this was gonna happen anyway." Hong Bin empathized with his best friend. 

"I know.. It's just hard, you know? Hard to let go." The latter spoke with his head still lowered. "I thought I accepted it too. Turns out, I was just trying to convince myself I did all these years." 

Hong Bin took a slight pause to carefully plan out what he was supposed to say next. "She's getting tied, man. You have to understand that. You need to let go... i know that you loved her. I saw it in your eyes everytime you were with her. But..."

"I loved her. I was able to imagine my life with her. That was something I never had with any of my girlfriends." Misery dripped from every word he spoke. His tears were threatning to fall so he laid his head on the couch's back rest. "I was able to imagine myself with her. I had a nice house; the one she herself designed. I had children that had her eyes and beauty. A retriever playing with my kids... We shared the dream of having three kids." That tear drop was finally free from supression but Taecwoon immediately wiped it off when he rewinded time in a few seconds. 

"Hey, listen here man." Hong Bin was trying to collect the right words to say. "You love her still, right?" To this, Taecwoon nodded hesitantly. "Then, you should be able to let her go. If you love her, you should be happy wherever she may be; with you... or even without you..." His friend forcefully closed his eyes and nodded again. "I know it's easier said than done, but you'll get there. And once you get there, you won't even feel anything but happiness inside you. The type of happiness that is able to wish her a good life. You'll learn to forget her, man. As long as you're willing and ready to do so." And with that, the door opened even though he obviously wanted to say more, revealing his 'girl-friend'. 

To conclude what he was saying, Hong Bin added: "If not now, sooner or later, you will. Keep that in mind." Taecwoon was so grateful that his forever-blogger-sister was checking something on her phone, buying him and Hong Bin some time to fix themselves. 

"Leo! Mom and dad had to go to the grocery so just dig in the fridge if you're hungry!" She continued walking without even taking her eyes of the device. 

"Wahh... When are you ever gonna fix that habit of yours of not looking when you're talking to someone? It's rude, you know." Hong Bin commented which made Prinseung stop her tracks and actually glance at the familiar voice. 

"HONG BIN!" She jumped on him with a tight hug soon after seeing him, not even paying attention to her own brother. 

'Woah, woah. Chill, man. I know you missed me, but please. No P-D-A." Hong Bin said with a grin, returning the hug, spinning her around for a few seconds too. 

"Yah! Jung Prinseung!" Taecwoon called his sister's attention. "When are you ever gonna hug your real oppa when you see him?" He said, pointing at himself.

"First of all, LEO. I never called you oppa, and am never going to do so. Why would I even?" She gave her 'oppa' a disgusted look. "And second. I'll never, ever, EVER, get excited to see you. I see you like, um, EVERYDAY." She emphasized on her point. Her brother despite all that, chuckled at her. "Where's the rest anyway? Did they come too?"

"Yeah. They're just... somewhere." Hong Bin actually realised that those guys do anything and everything- they might now have stayed only in the kitchen. 

"Well then okay. I'll be in my room. And you!" Prinseung pointed at her 'boy-dash-friend'. "I have a lot to tell you. Let's talk some time when...." She glanced at her brother and noticing how they were the only ones there albeit the others came along as well, she knew they were talking about something serious. "You guys are done talking." She smiled. "Byee!"

             The two boys just stared at her presence that winced everytime she took a step higher off ground and on the wooden staircase. A few seconds later though, they heard her high pitched scream and something even worse. The two immediately made their way up to her room with funny faces on, ready to expect something ridiculous. And that's what they really saw; the other boys with balloons that had 'Get well soon' messages on them, behind her door. And analysing the fact that she screamed, the boys may have hid behind her door, waiting to surprise her. Prinseung just pouted her lips at them.

"Hahahahaha!"

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know that this was just one part of the teaser. But since the first part of it took so much space, I didnt want to make a chapter really really long (I, myself isnt much of a reader, that's why) so I just decided to spread the teaser into different chapters. 

More updates to come, guys! I hope you like it! :) 

And I apologize for any mistakes!