Chapter Fourteen

Find Yourself First

         Prinseung ran out of the house. No direction. Nothing at all. She managed to grab the keys to the Audi R8 that her brother recently got for himself and rode off before her brother could even run after her. She only had one place in mind;

"Gangnam village."  What was she even going to do there? She could care less. At the moment, nothing was more important than trying to process what her family said behind her back. 

"So what do you want to tell Prinseung?! You want to tell her that she's not from this household?! Do you want her to hurt even more once she finds out her own mother threw her out!?"

       The most she could do was cry, shaking her head at the unbelievable truth. Prinseung ran her hand over her hair in frustration. She barely had any time to breathe. She released more tears than carbon dioxide. When the girl looked out of the clouded window for a brief moment, she didn't see anything. It was all a blur. Her like was a blur. And each time she repeated her father's voice in her head, it just broke her even more;

"Do you want her to hurt even more once she finds out her own mother threw her out!?"

The more she heard it, the more she wanted to scream, the more she wanted to curse at them. 

"her own mother threw her out!?"

She cried. Her eyes were full of hatred.But towards who? 

Her family that kept it from her? 

Or her own mother...a mother that threw out her own child.? Her real mother

Prinseung pulled the car that camoflauged into the darkness of the night to a stop. Out of anger, she slammed the wheel with her bare hands and screamed. 

Was she supposed to go back home and ask for explanations?

Or was she supposed to hate on them for not telling?

"I need to get some air." She told herself and got out of the suffocated car. Walking was the only thing she had in mind now. She didn't know anything, every single thing was nothing but a blur. Walking, walking and walking. That was all she did until she grew tired; tired of crying. tired of walking. Tired. 

 

           It was a breezy dark night. Not to mention, Prinseung was wearing light pajamas that barely protected her from the cold. The girl stopped in front of a house which was across a road, sat down with her back against the street light and huddled herself. 

"her own mother threw her out!?"  She remembered her father's cruel words again. She laid her haid on her knees to find comfort when someone tapped her shoulder. She was expecting it to be some authorized man telling her to get out, but instead, it was her new friend. 

'Need a shoulder?" 

"Mark..." She looked at him with no way to explain what she was doing there. He sat beside her comfortably, looking at the house lit up by the street lamp. "You have a nice house." 

"It's not mine. It's my best friend's." He informed her.

"Oh... Tell her she has a nice house then." Prinseung laughed awkwardly to break the stiff atmosphere. But she noticed Mark get uneasy. 

"She's dead." Mark lowered his head. 

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't know..." Prinseung looked at him with consoling eyes.

"Don't be. It's not like it was your fault." Mark said. After a small pause in the conversation, he spoke up; "Why are you here?"

"I don't know. My feet just brought me here." She shrugged, hiding the pain she felt.

"In pajamas?" Mark pointed his hand towards her light clothes. But again, she just shrugged. "What are you? Some damsel in distress?" He jested before removing his jacket and placing it on her shoulders. "It's not that thick, but they're better than what you're wearing." He was talking about the jacket. Prinseung was about to remove it, scared that the boy will frreeze because of her when Mark stopped her. "Just wear it. It's been a while since the last time I gave someone my jacket."

"Thanks."

"So... Aren't you really gonna tell me why you're sitting here all alone?"

"I don't know. Surprisingly, I find comfort just sitting beside you." She looked at him; "It's like i've known you for years." She smiled. 

"I'm guessing something happened at home?" Mark thought. "I mean, judging how you're in your pajamas, you seem like you were about to go to sleep." To this, Prinseung nodded slightly. 

"Do I..." He stopped. "Does your brother need to beat up someone?" Mark joked again.

At that moment, Prinseung heard something;

"Do I need to beat up someone?"  It was a guy's voice this time. But it was certainly not her brother's. 

Mark noticed how Prinseung suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"Hey. You alright?" 

"Huh?" Prinseung came back to her senses. "Yeah."

"I think the cold's getting to ya." He chuckled. "You should just go home." 

"I can't... I don't know those people at home." 

'Why not?" After his question, Prinseung looked at him with pleading eyes. "Visitors you hate?"

"No. Ma, Pa, Leo. I don't know them." Prinseung removed her hands from holding the jacket towards her and laid her elbows on her knees, hands hanging lifelessly. Mark's attention was attracted by a ring the girl wore. A very familiar ring. He didn't say anything, though. 

"I just don't want to go home for now." She repeated herself. " I don't know who I am anymore.'"

"You probably want answers. Home is where the answers are." 

"No. It's where the problems are." She countered him. 

 

 

"YAH! JUNG PRINSEUNG!" The damsel in distress heard her name being called from afar and when she stood up, she saw clearly who it was. Mark stood up as well and fixed his crumpled shirt, when the boy rushed towards Prinseung and engulfed her in a very tight hug. 

"How did you find me?" 

"Let's gp home." 

"I'm not going home. How did you find me?" 

"Let's go home! They're all worried sick!" 

"Aren't you worried about me, then?" Prinseung started tearing up as she looked the boy in the eye. Mark, on the other hand, wanted to step in, not liking the way the other boy was treating her. "Do you really think I want to face them right now?" 

"Seung-ah. We need to at least tell them that I found you."

"No. Don't you dare." She was firm now. Fierce.

"Prinseung! You need to go home!" The boy was increased his voice. 

"Hey, man. She said she doesn't want to." Mark could no longer hold it in and stepped in the conversation.

"And you are?" The boy asked. 

"Her...boyfriend." Mark hesistantly said. Prinseung looked at him with surprised eyes. "So can you please let go of her." 

"Mark..." Prinseung mumbled his name in disbelief. 

"I saw the R8 on the way. Did you drive?" He completely ignored Mark.

"Hong Bin-ah..." Prinseung tried to explain to him the situation, seeing his hurting eyes. But Hong Bin didn't listen.

"You don't have a license. Are you stupid? You coulc've died!" Now, his voice was raised. 

"Prinseung, come here." Mark pulled her out of Hong Bin's grasp, and into his.

"Hong Bin... I... He's not..." She didn't know what to say as she let herself free from Mark's hands.

"I'll let them know you're alright." Hong Bin looked at her with tearing up eyes. "Stay safe." He left following those words. 

"Hong Bin-ah!" Prinseung tried to call out for him. To bring him back. To explain everything to him. But he ignored her. When she grew sick of the sight of Hong Bin's back getting further and further away from her, she looked back at her 'boyfriend''

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" She screamed with tears. 

"He was forcing you!" Mark wanted to rationalize with her. 

"You have no right! How am I supposed to get him back!?" She yelled even more before leaving him alone, towards the direction where she left the R8. 

Mark, however, knew he had no right to call her back. She was probably really mad at him. Even he, himself, didn't know what came to his mind. Why he did that. He just did. And as he looked at her dissappear into the streets of Gangnam, Mark asked the last streak of Prinseung's shadow he could see.

"You're her, right?

Kwon Prinseung..."

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for the really late update, and sorry that this chapter is really short. 

the following chapters will be out soon, dont worry. xx