Chapter Six

Find Yourself First

 

Seoul, Korea.

 

"Hey... Can we talk?"

"Um, yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Thank you. For everything you've done for me." Mark said to his partner. "But..."

"But?"

"I'm sorry... I just can't do this anymore." He muttered. "This whole marriage idea.... I just don't think I can marry because my pops told me to."

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T MARRY ME?" The boy fell on the floor in disbelief. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU? I GAVE MY AL-"

"Yah! Jackson-ah! Stop it! You're making the boy feel worse!" Jaebum told Jackson before slapping the boy's arm when he sat on the floor.

"Hyung! Isn't that how you would expect girls to react?" The latter tried to explain himself. 

"Jackson hyung! I'm pretty sure Seul Ki noona won't fall on the floor!" Bambam countered. 

             While the rest of the boys bickered among themselves, Mark stayed silent on his bed, with eyes closed thinking about his and Seul Ki's sweet memories. Convincing himself that she'll take it easily. 'She's strong. That's one of the things I liked about her when we got along.' Mixed emotions. Confused thoughts. A hurting heart. Memories that overflowed. Mark felt like it was too much to handle all by himself. So merely like the old days, he did the same thing that always calmed him and his heart down. 

'Ma. How are you? How's wonderland?' He smiled to himself. 'The guys are still noisy and loud. Tsk.' Mark chuckled at his own friends' behaviours. 'I've been eating well, in case you're wondering. Porridge in the morning; rice in the afternoon. Like always, Ma...

'Yah! Jung! Have you been eating chicken without me again...? It's been seven years since the last time we ate together, huh? Time sure flies quickly.' He paused only to laugh silently at how he and his friend used to eat chicken so messily. 

'Yah! Eat slowly! You look like you've never eaten before!'

'You never buy me food so might as well treasure this once in a lifetime moment.' His companion shrugged at him. 

'You have sauce on your face, by the way.' Mark threw a tissure paper at her. 'Wipe it off.'

'Mark oppa. Will you wipe it for me?' She leaned closer to him with pouting lips. Meanwhile, Mark could only give her a disgusted look. 'HAHAHAHAHA! Weird, right? I can never act like a proper girl haha.'

'Yah, Prins! Never call me 'oppa' again, it's gross coming from you.' He gagged at her. 

'HAHAHAHA! Don't worry, man. Never gonna do it again. Even I would gag at myself if I did. HAHAHA' She cheerfully giggled.

'Whatever, just eat!' Mark couldn't hold back his laugh anymore and just joined his best friend. 

'I don't know what to do again, Ma, Prins. I always told you guys that I would never marry unless it was out of love. But I got myself into something that seems to be impossible to get out from. I don't wanna hurt her. Seul ki, she's nice. Pretty. Sweet. But I don't think I can give her myself for the rest of my life....I was gonna break up with her, but an accident happened and here I am. Ma! Did you know? I even saved a girl's life! She reminded me of you, Prins. That's probably why I did that.' Mark paused for a while and smiled bitterly. 'I know that I should be taking this in like a man. But I don't want to hurt her.

Ma, Prins. Come back...Please...I need you both beside me. At this, Mark's loneliness was shown through a tear that managed to escape his closed lids. 

'I wish the above world's been nice to you.' Mark sighed.

 

"You miss her?" 

Mark's eyes shot open at the sudden voice that came out of nowhere. But what shocked him more was that the six loud boys were now replaced by Seul Ki who stood by the door. His eyes calmed, 

"Ma? Definitely." He gave her a small smile. Seul Ki walked up to the hospital bed. 

"It's already been a week since you got back here in Seoul. How's everything going for ya? Does anything hurt?" 

            Mark was transferred to Seoul international Hospital from Spain a week ago. two days after Prinseung left Spain. And so far, no one has known about his condition except his fiancee and his noisy friends. 

"Oh yeah," Seul Ki no longer waited for Mark's reply. "The girl you saved, she wants to see you. I saw her crying on your bed back in Spain, so I told her that i'd give her a call when you're alright. Do you think you can meet her? I'm sure she's been worrying sick."

Mark only nodded, wanting to meet the girl that had resembled his bestfriend so much. A brief silence took over the hospital room before Seul Ki spoke up.

"...Why did you save her?" She asked with curiosty. 

"Well. I couldn't exactly let her die when I aleady saw the knife coming after her, right?" He jested.

"So, I'll just call her and tell her to see you tomorrow. Is that alright?" He only nodded again to Seul Ki's smile.

"Hey, Seul Ki-ah. Can we-"

"Ah, yes. Is this..." Seul ki left the room while she was on the phone, completely but unintentionally, ignoring Mark's soft words. 

 

         

               As soon as Prinseung dropped the phone, the boys and her brother  gave her a baffled look. They've never seen The Jung princess this happy before, but the girl could only smile at them: all her pearly whites were shown off. 

"Leo! I get to see him tomorrow! Finally!" She squealed ad squealed and squealed. Although, it was only her brother who was able to comprehend who she was talking about. The others looked like complete fools trying to understand if she had a boyfriend, or a cousin or some friend that they are still yet to meet, with at least one eyebrow from each guy pointing to the sky in an arch as if it was a flying bird. After a period of time, Prinseung had finally caught the rest of their stares and concluded: 

'Oh yeah, these guys still don't know my hero.' When she was about to speak up though, her brother spoke for her. 

"Guys, it's her savior."

"Ahhh." They chorused. "CAN WE COME?" They all asked with dreamy eyes. Are they really in their twenties? The Jung siblings took some time to think about it but in the end, the final decision was:

"Yes!" "No!" 

"Ohhh noooo. They're gonna fight guys. I got the best seat in the house." Jae Hwan gloated as he placed on leg on his knee and laid back the soft, brown leather reclining chair.

Leo just gave her sister a poker face and soon after, Prinseung said: "Fine, you guys can come, but just stay outside the room. AND DON'T MAKE ANY NOISE!" 

"Sheesh, you talk like we're five!" Sang Hyuk complained. The only girl in the house as of that moment merely poked her tongue out at the latter. 

 

 

               Later on that evening, Taecwoon couldn't sleep; he only kept walking around: from his bed to the door, back to the bed, and along the four corners of the neatly organized room. He looked at his watch several times and time seemed pretty fast, but his eyelids refused to shut into deep slumber. 

11:01 pm.

1:24 am.

2:56 am.

4:03 am.

 He finally came to what seemed like a permanent spot for the night: he laid on the longer side of his bed with his feet still on the floor. All sorts of things were now cramping up in his head:

What if I see her? What will I do if I see her? Hong Bin said I can do it but why am I like this now? 

Aish, Seung! Why did you have to drag me along with you! You could've gone alone! 

Who is she getting married to? Is he a good guy? Does he keep her warm? Does he bring her to her favourite restaurant? Is she happy? 

"I wonder if you're happier now.... with him.." His lids finally closed. 

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for the really short chapter! Another chapter's coming up tho!