Chapter 22

The Choice

After weeks of avoiding Myungsoo, Jiyeon gathered up her courage and sent a message to him. She asked to meet him. Second after have sending him the message her heart starting to beat faster, she was so nervous. 

"It's dangerous for a woman to be alone at this hour" Myungsoo said while taking a sit next to Jiyeon who were already waiting for him sitting on the bench of their old school. 

"Who told you to be this late???" Jiyeon replied while crossing her arms and looked up at the dark sky

"Sorry.. I stopped by somewhere.. to get you these" Myungsoo then handed her a banana milk to which she took it with a smile 

"I miss our old times.. not you?" Myungsoo said while looking at Jiyeon 

"You are right.. You were handsome back then.. How come you became this old and ugly.. urgh.." Jiyeon jokly said 

"What?! You!!!" Myungsoo then stood up and chased after Jiyeon. They ran all around the school garden while laughing very hard. Myungsoo then grabbed the watering hose and gladly took his revenge. Jiyeon ended up wet from the head to the toe. 

"Ok I stop it.. sorry come here" Myungsoo said while dropping down the watering hose. So Jiyeon approched him slowly but quickly stole the watering hose from him and enjoyed wetting him to her turn. After that water party they dried themselve with some towels that Myungsoo grabbed from the school cupboard. They sat back on their bench but no one dared to talk. It became awkward after Myungsoo tried to help Jiyeon to dry her hair, their eyes suddenly met and both shared an intense eye contact. 

"I think it's better for us to sort out everything we want to say to each other.... I mean.. that's what Dr. Jin has said" Jiyeon said while avoiding his gaze.

"Yeah that's a good idea.." he replied

"First of all.. I want to ask why you kissed me the last time" he added with a smirk to which Jiyeon hit his arm 

"I'm serious!" He said while rubbing his arm after have been hit by Jiyeon 

"I don't know. Just because." Jiyeon said while shyly looking away. Myungsoo giggled at her cute reaction because he knew that she was embarrassed.

"I hope one day you will find the strength to forgive me. I know I don't deserve it but.. I'm serious when I say that's you are truly a precious person to me. Really Jiyeon-ah." He added 

"You know that it's impossible.. even if my heart would want it my mind just can't.. You have hurt me too deeply.. You left such a deep wound in my heart. You were my first love, I put my trust in you and moreover I loved you. Why have you done such a thing to me???” Jiyeon asked with a trembling voice. Myungsoo could see that she truly went through a lot because of him and so on he felt some pain looking at her.

"Was I lacking of something??? Was I not enough pretty? Funny? Smart? y?” Jiyeon added. Her eyes were starting to get red. Myungsoo couldn't find a proper words to ease Jiyeon pain.

"And you know the funny part in all of these ? It's that even though how much you have hurt me. Here. It still feels something everytime I'm with you. " Jiyeon pointed her heart. Myungsoo eyes widened. 

"Jiyeon.. I.." Myungsoo was dumbfounded 

"Wait! I'm not here to make up with you again.” She gulped and finally look at him. “I just wanted to empty my heart out. Dr.Jin said that it would be a good things for me and she is right I'm feeling so much better now. I just wish now that we remain in a good relationship. I'm sorry. I can't forgive you. I hate you.. But I like you." She said and quickly turned her head on the other side to not show her tears to him. 

"Alright. I'm fine too with that. Anyway let's call it the end of our youth love" Myungsoo said with a bright smile.

"Don't worry.. I didn't want to make up with you, I don't feel anything for you anyway.. I mean I'm sorry... But you know.. man heart are always wild free haha! But still, you are my precious friends so let's stay close" he added before hugging her 

"I'm glad we emptied it out" Jiyeon softly said and Myungsoo agreed.

That night Myungsoo decided to let his love go. He decided to not hurt her anymore. He decided to hide his love for her without she knows and that now it would be his turn to pay back the consequences of his acts. While walking in this calm night, his heart was aching, tears slowly rolled down his warm cheeks. 

"Kim Myungsoo ! You deserve it!” He yelled.

 

 

 

"Damn! Where the hell were you??? You was not allowed to get out of the hospital Myungsoo!" His manager yelled at him 

"I'm sorry but I had to met someone it was important.." he replied with a shy smile while scratching his head 

"Do you think it's funny ???" His manager said with a serious face 

"Alright I'm sorry but see I'm fine.. Don't worry" Myungsoo said

"Do I have to remind you how you were yesturday ? Hm? Do I have to remind you your illness ???" His manager added. Myungsoo couldn't say anything he knew that he was getting angry at him out of worry. He knew that his manager just want him to be safe and fine so he just nodded.

 

"I am afraid that if your conditions are getting worse again.. we will have to operate you." A doctor said to Myungsoo.

"I'm fine. I don't need it." He replied calmly.

"I'm sorry but you won't have the choice if it's happening again.. or worse than yesturday.. You might not make it Mr. Kim. " The doctor said while frowning 

"Whatever. I chose not to get operate whatever the situation that will happen in the future. Don't touch my head." Myungsoo firmly said.

"Mr. Kim the benign tumor you have is slowly getting serious. The best solution would be the operations in extrem case. Why won't you let us. Although it may never happen too, it is the best for you so.. I wish you will change your mind." The doctor added 

"You have told me.. That if ever I get operate, the benign tumor that i have, which is located in the part of my brain that is collecting memories.. That.. That if its goes wrong my memory will get erase, that I might be someone different moreover I can even die." Myungsoo answered with a cracking voice. The doctor sighed. 

"I don't want to forget her..” Myungsoo whispered to himself.