What's Going On?!

Today's Homework Assignment: Choi Minho.

 

          Minho was spinning Yeunhae around in his arms. He was absolutely shocked that she had said yes to him. He set her carefully on the counter in the kitchen and looked into her eyes carefully, and kissed her.

          Still not used to this, Yeunhae let Minho guide her through it, which she liked of course. Who doesn’t just LOVE a guy who leads?

          She felt a vibration from her pocket and slightly pushed Minho away. Looking at the caller ID, she said, “It’s Taemin.”

          “He sure knows how to ruin a moment.” Minho sighed. “Answer it.” He sat on the couch while Yeunhae pressed the ‘talk’ button.

          “Hel-” 
          “NOONA!!!! HELP ME! KEY TURNED INTO SOME KIND OF WAREWOLF AND STARTED ATTACKING JONGHYUN HYUNG!” Taemin shouted from the other line. It was loud enough for even Minho to hear.

          “Taemin, what are you talking about?” She asked.

          “Aisshh, Taemin, give me the phone, I’ll talk to her.” Onew said. “Hi Yeunhae. Here’s what really happened. Key found out that Krystal de-ized Jonghyun, and got REALLY mad. I couldn’t even hold him back, he was VERY angry. So Taemin and I ran up to his room… And yeah, that’s it.”

          “Oh… I see. You want me to come over real quick?” Yeunhae asked.

          “If it’s not too troublesome for you…” Onew said innocently.

          “I’ll be right there.” She said, hanging up the phone. She her heel and faced Minho. “Ummm… I’ll be,” she said putting her shoes back on, “right back, don’t move.” With that, she left running fast, making sure Minho couldn’t catch up to her even if he wanted to.  


          “Key, seriously, calm down! It’s not a big deal, I-”

          “What do you mean, ‘not a big deal’? You lost you ity to a !” Key shot right back.

          “You’re making this seem bigger than it actually is, Kibum.” Jonghyun sighed.

          “Oh really? You’re going to get it now! I know wh-” Key suddenly froze up.

          “What?” Jonghyun asked. He turned to see what Key was looking at. Yeunhae was right behind him. “Y-Yeunhae! What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked.

          She was still panting from running all the way here. “Tae… Taemin called me. So, what’s…(breath) the problem?”

          “Nothing!” Key shouted like a girl and went to go hug Yeunhae.

          “No seriously. Taemin was practically bawling, and Onew said you guys were fighting over what happened with Krystal.” Yeunhae said, looking at Jonghyun, who turned a bright shade of red in embarrassment.

          “Oh yeah… Did this idiot tell you what happened?” Key asked.

          “Umm.. He didn’t need to.” Yeunhae said, looking down at the floor.

          “What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked, walking right next to her.

          “I… I heard it.” She whispered.

          Key literally choked on air. “YOU WHAT?!”

          “Oh God” Jonghyun said, brushing his hair out of his eyes and ran out the door.

          “Wait! Jonghyun!” Yeunhae shouted after him.

          “Hold on, how did you hear them you know… doing it?!” Key questioned her, since at that time she was in New York with Minho.

          “Minho called him to see if he was okay…. But it seemed like he was more than happy. I guess Krystal just got him drunk… and yeah, things happened.” Yeunhae explained.  

          “Wow. That must have been very awkward!” Key started laughing.

          “Yes it was… I’ll be right back.” Yeunhae said running after Jonghyun.  ‘Oh yay… more painful running.’


          Jonghyun ran to the furthest his legs would let him, which was the park. It was midnight and abandoned right now. He sat down on the swings, which were creaking in the faint breeze, just like it had since he and Yeunhae were little kids.

          “Damn, I wish I took P.E. more, I’m totally out of shape.” Jonghyun cursed himself for not being able to run as long as he used to.

          He heard footsteps behind him, and out of instinct, he shouted, “No, I am not dating Shin Sekyung!”

          “Well, I wasn’t going to ask that.” Someone giggled.

          “Yeun?” he said turning around, and yes, it was Yeunhae.

          “Hey.” She smiled. “You okay?” She asked, sitting on the swing next to him.  

          “Yeah! Of course! N-Never better.” Jonghyun lied.

          “I know you’re lying.” She smiled again. “What’s wrong?”

          “I… I’m sorry I couldn’t stop her… I don’t even remember drinking that night, let alone, you know, doing… that.” He blushed again.

          “It’s okay Jonghyun. It wasn’t your fault. Krystal is a mean and vicious person. She did this to you.” She put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

          He smiled up at her. “Thanks.” There was a moment of silence between them as they started to swing back and forth on the swings.

“Just like old times.” They said at the same time. Both of their heads turned towards each other. “JINX,” they shouted out loud, and laughed.

          Yeunhae was so happy now that Jonghyun was no longer on the sad side. She knew that he liked her still, but it had to be told. “Hey I have something to tell you.” Yeunhae said, still laughing a little. She thought it was the right time.

          “What is it?” Jonghyun asked, now gleaming with happiness that Yeunhae cheered him up.

          “Minho asked me to marry him.” Yeunhae said excitedly.

          Jonghyun’s feet dug into the ground, stopping him from swinging any longer. “Wh… What?!” He looked up at her, shocked.

          “I know right? I didn’t think he would ask so soon, but it seems like he can’t wait.” Yeunhae giggled.

          “But… But why?” Jonghyun asked. He felt like his heart just went from being so close to blowing up from happiness, to shriveling up to nothing in less than a minute.

          “What do you mean?” Yeunhae asked. She was surprised. Wasn’t he happy for her? Isn’t that what best friends are for?

          “Uhh.. Nothing. Congratulations.” He put on a weak smile.

          Yeunhae could tell that he didn’t mean it. She just knew. “Jjong, I’m really sorry…”

          Jonghyun stood up and went over to Yeunhae. He bent over grabbed her face and kissed her.

          Yeunhae’s eyes opened wide. ‘What the HECK?! What is he doing! Wh---WHY?!?!?!

          Jonghyun moved his lips and kept kissing her.

          Yeunhae felt all weird. There was something about his kiss… It was so gentle and warm. And strangely, it felt right. She felt sparks when he kissed her. Like in the movies, you know how they feel that ‘spark’. ‘WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING?!?!’ All of her emotions were jumbled up into mush, as she did the unforgivable.

          She closed her eyes, and kissed him back.

          Her body was clearly against her mind, and she gave up and kissed him back. This was all wrong. She’s dating Minho! Heck, she is going to MARRY Minho! And she knew with all her heart she loved Minho. She loved Minho so So SO much. But, she loved this man too. She loved Jonghyun. What to do?!


Author’s Note:  PLEASE DON’T KILL MEEEE!!!!! And please don’t hate on Yeunhae… she’s just all confused, that’s all…. Right? Hahaha.

          I’ve been gone for a while, SORRY. I’ve been traveling, shopping, being sick, and I’ve had a SERIOUS case of Writer’s Block. 

 

Comment | Subscribe | Recommend to Friends