Chapter Seven Part One

Lamia Febris

Chapter Seven

            “Jungkook what do you want to do?” Jungkook’s uncle asked crouching down to look at the boy.

            "Trouble...," Jungkook sighed trying to explain that he didn't know if he wanted to go on with the trouble of the day. Plus it was beyond frustrating to have a crushed voice box still, he thought the point of being a vampire is that it healed all problems but here he was in the nurse’s office, a mute vampire that happens to get migraines. Just perfect, really.

            “You got in trouble?” Yoongi asked confused but Jin chuckled before tapping Yoongi’s shoulder.

            “I don’t think he got in trouble, but the students have been giving your nephew a hard time. The transition must be difficult for him, especially since he isn’t exactly like the other vampire students. That eye of his,” Jin said, crouching down to Jungkook’s level so that he could flash a light in it. Jungkook’s uncle and Jin watched in amazement as the black in Jungkook’s eyes bled around the edges, shading most of the eyes red crimson color. A typical vampire’s eye was all red, with the standard black pupil but Jungkook’s was dark around the edges. It made the eye look sinister. The eye’s pupil was also sharper, mirror that of a cat’s eye or a snakes. It was no wonder as to why the students all looked at Jungkook strangely, his eye was unique.

            “His is eye well, it’s definitely something.  Children make fun of things they don’t understand and he gets shunned or bullied for it. Jungkook, I could provide you with some special contacts that can hide the intensity of your eye for you. It would make it look like a normal vampire eye and cover up your human one so that they match. I think in situations like these it’s best to hide what small brained children don’t understand.”

            “Yes, that’s a wonderful idea. Jungkook do you want to take the contacts?” Yoongi asked. Jungkook didn’t feel as though he had an option however, so nodding his head yes he waited for Jin. The nurse walked over to a crisp white cabinet before pulling out a contact case.

            “Do you know how to put them in?” Jin asked and when Jungkook shook his head no Jin smiled and said, “Don’t worry I can put them in for you.”

            Jin had put in the contact that was supposed to cover his eye easy enough, there was a little discomfort but Jungkook could deal with it. Then once Jin moved to place the contact over his vampire eye, he felt it throb again in pain. He tried to keep his eye open, he just wanted to be a little normal, so Jungkook left his eye wide open and blinked when he felt that thin disk land onto his eye. What Jungkook didn’t expect was for it to sting really badly. He tried to blink through the pain but it burned so bad, as if someone splashed something harmful in his eye and he was trying to get it out.

            “Jungkook open your eye, let me see.” Jin said his eye flash light in hand. When Jungkook finally opened his eye he watched as Jin looked at him curiously. Then he noticed the shocked expression on his uncle’s face.

            “Well that surly is something strange,” Jin said before holding up the mirror for Jungkook to see. He nearly dropped the mirror when he got a hold of it, watching as the contact what was placed on his vampire eye was slowly burning away, the black peering through as a thin smoke came from Jungkook’s eye. Blinking a few times Jungkook watched in horror as his contact was burned away from his eye.

            “W…What am I?” He asked, still staring at the mirror.

            “You’re a vampire…but I think I’ll need to run some tests on Jungkook here. As long as that’s alright with you?” Jin asked looking at Yoongi who now had parental rights over Jungkook.

            “Y…Yes, please do everything you can to help his transition go as smoothly as possible.” Yoongi said before hearing his cell phone go off. “Hello…yes…he did what! I’ll be right on my way.” Yoongi said hanging up the phone, “Jungkook let Jin do some tests alright I have to get going.” Yoongi said leaving the room muttering something about stupid Taehyung.

            That boy again? He must really be a trouble maker Jungkook thought before looking at Jin again.

            “Okay I’m just going to do some blood work to make sure everything is going okay on the inside, you aren’t scared of needles are you?” Jin asked pulling out a pack of sanitized needles.

            Jungkook just shook his head and gave Jin access to his arm. This was good, Jin would be able to figure out what was wrong with him. Jungkook kept chanting this is good this is good in his head but the closer he got to the boy with the needle Jungkook could feel his whole body tensing up. Just before Jin put the needle in his arm there was a loud crash from outside, that caused Jungkook to stand up.

            “I…I’m feeling much better and I don’t want to be late to anymore classes,” Jungkook said grabbing his backpack from the floor before saying a quick sorry and rushing from the room. His heart was racing in his chest and his eye burned still, but the further he ran the better he felt. Jungkook didn’t even know where he was when he stopped running but he did catch site of his appearance in a glass wall.  His red eye was mostly black now with a subtle glow of red around the iris. His fangs weren’t out but his gums felt itchy as if they wanted to come out.

            Sliding down to the floor Jungkook leaned his head against the glass and looked up, “Mom…I feel so lost,” He admitted. Jungkook had never felt so confused in his life. He felt scared and tense all the time now and too make matters worse, he mostly felt scared of himself. Something was wrong with him, and Jungkook could only guess that it wasn’t something a doctor could fix.