Chapter Twenty

Lamia Febris

Chapter Twenty

“So how exactly are we going to get passed Kai, I mean he isn’t just going to be oh sure go ask the kid why he isn’t all bloody. That will work real well I think.” Jimin said as he watched Kai walk away. Jimin was great at making Jungkook feel better but sometimes he was a nuisance.

“No need to state the obvious Jimin, we don’t necessarily need to get passed Kai so much as distract him. We only need one person to talk to the student and I don’t feel comfortable letting you do it. The only way they would have been able to survive is to be strong, a lot stronger than any student that goes here. I don’t want you to say anything that will make him freak out and go on a rampage again.”

“Why I’d never! All I’d say is something along the lines of, You sure remove blood from your clothes pretty well, what soap do you use!” Jimin said laughing hysterically. The boy was clearly on edge and Jungkook didn’t blame him. This was a very sticky situation and they needed to handle it perfectly.

“Okay the plan is…distract Kai while I get to the student.” Jungkook said as they began to follow Kai and the student at five paces back, just enough vision to see them but not be seen themselves.  

“How exactly am I supposed to distract Kai? He’s really in tune to picking up stuff. He’ll know when I’m lying Jungkook.” Jimin said, walking a bit closer to his friend. Jimin was scared but Jungkook knew Jimin was the only one that could do this, there was no other choice.

“Then don’t lie, you want to know about vampires right, well Kai’s a pretty impressive vampire. Tell him it’s for research. If what you say is general then he won’t be able to tell if you’re lying or not. Just ask the questions quick to keep him on his feet, then you’ll be able to get around his lie detecting abilities.”

“Wow…I didn’t think anyone could sound more like a text book than my mother. You aren’t gonna take her job are you?!” Jimin asked, earning a few glances their way.

“No Jimin I’m not taking her job now hurry up and distract Kai, it’s time for us to find out the truth.” Jungkook said as he moved a bit faster.

Jimin basically jogged up to Kai and nearly bumped into him as he let out a big, “Hello class president fancy meeting you here! I just wanted to ask you a few questions, you being the good president we all know you to be and all figured you were the best option.”

Jungkook watched as Kai smiled awkwardly at Jimin and say, “I’m really busy…” but Jimin was quick to cut him off with, “It’ll only take a minute, basically exactly 60 seconds of your time.”

Kai seemingly didn’t now what to say so he just asked the student to head on off without him and began to speak with Jimin.

Good job, Jungkook thought as he hurried after the student. Rounding the corner when they did Jungkook followed them inside of the student president’s room and quickly shut the door, startling the student.

“Hi, you probably don’t remember me but I’m-”

“I know who you are. You stopped me from killing the humans, Jungkook was it?” They said. Well that confidence sure as hell wasn’t what Jungkook was expecting. He was expecting fear but it seemed Jungkook was more afraid in this situation. He didn’t plan for this.

“I…yea that’s me. I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing. I didn’t expect you to be back so soon after the incident.” Jungkook said, holding his ground. He needed to play this smart; this was his only chance after all.

“Well, they gave me something for my little appetite problem and now I’m all better. Want to see?” They said, showing their fangs to Jungkook. They weren’t always that large where they? Just what the hell happened in the rest of that video? They shouldn’t be talking, let alone standing and yet here he was, healed flesh and all.

“No I’m fine…that was all I needed to figure out.” Jungkook said, slowly backing away. The familiar ache in his eye was coming back and his stomach felt uneasy. He read that vampires could sense danger and at this moment Jungkook didn’t feel like the predator, he felt like the prey.

“You know Jungkook I really wanted to thank you actually, after all I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.” They said stepping closer.

“What do you mean by that?” Jungkook asked, nearly tripping over his own feet in an attempt to move away from the student’s piercing eyes.

Jungkook fell against something solid and turned around quickly in fright, which soon turned, into relief. Hansol as standing their and he looked curious.

“Ilhoon, Kai’s looking for you. He said he to met him in the main office.” Hansol said, moving to stand in between Jungkook and Ilhoon.

“Oh did he, I thought he meant this office.” Ilhoon said, before walking around Jungkook.  Jungkook didn’t miss the beat in the boy’s chest as he walked by, Ilhoon had just lied.

“You alright Jungkook, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Hansol said but Jungkook was quick to say, “I’m fine.” Before rushing out of the room. On his way down the hall he caught a familiar scent and turned to see Jimin.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you and by all over I meant I went to use the bathroom and then went looking for you. I don’t car what anyone says, Kai is scary. No one can be that kind, it just isn’t natural! Anyway enough about that, how’d the thing go with what’s his face?” Jimin asked, popping a potato chip in his mouth.

“Ilhoon, his name is Ilhoon and he was waiting for me…”

“Waiting for you, what do you mean?” Jimin asked but Jungkook’s eyes weren’t following him, they were following Kai and Ilhoon walk to the main office.  Before entering Ilhoon sent a smile his way that sent shivers down his spine.

“Just forget it we’re gonna be late for class.” Jungkook said, throwing his arm over Jimin’s shoulder to push the boy forward.

Jungkook knew he would have to tell Jimin about what happened but how could he when he didn’t understand himself? He needed to put the puzzle together but Jungkook knew he couldn’t without all the puzzle pieces. He needed to figure out what he was going to do and fast because Jungkook knew that things were only going to get worse. He just needed to figure out when.