Chapter Fifteen

Lamia Febris

Chapter Fifteen

            Carefully Jungkook brushed his hands on his pants, secretly sliding the chip inside his pants pocket. He needed to get this to Jimin, no matter what the cost. Taehyung growled at Jungkook before stepping forward, his eyes narrowed.

            “I said what are you doing in here?”

            Thinking quickly, Jungkook raised his hands up and said, “I…I actually came here looking for you. I wanted to say sorry for what I did to you, after that fall over the railing I was really hurt and…I just kind of lost it I guess, anyway I hope you’ll accept my apology but I’ll understand if you don’t” Jungkook said calmly. He could still hear Jimin screaming in his ear and it was extremely irritating but he needed to act normal, if only there was a way to tell the boy to shut up!

            “Why the hell would I accept your apology, you tried to kill me! The fact that you are even at this school still bothers me. You’re just lucky that your uncle is the school president because if you were anyone like me you’d get put down!” Taehyung yelled, but he didn’t get any closer. Jungkook could feel the pulse under his own skin, the vice-like grip in his stomach that you only got when you were starving…

            It didn’t make sense though, he had eaten before going on this trip and he even chugged all of it back, not missing a drop of blood. If that was the case then why was he so hungry? Taehyung was obviously saying something but Jungkook could only see the veins in the boy’s neck, the slight indentation from where he had bitten into the boy’s flesh before. Jungkook could even smell the sweat that was coming from the boy’s pores, he could taste the adrenaline and fear.

            “I…I’m sorry what were you saying?” Jungkook asked, his movements steadily going forward, his mind clouded by the scent of Taehyung. Taehyung tried to stand tall but he couldn’t help but move backwards which made Jungkook think back to his class from earlier.

            When coming face to face with a hungry vampire it is best to not act afraid, and moving is probably a bad option. Hungry vampires love the chase and it only makes them more agitated, it is best to wait for them to come to you and over power them by force, running makes them stronger…

            So this is what Mrs. Park was talking about…the hunt. Jungkook’s could feel the prickling in his mouth as he finally got his hands onto Taehyung’s shoulder, the sound of his back making a soft thud against the walls.

            “You’re scared…don’t worry I’m not gonna hurt you. I came to apologize remember?” Jungkook said, his voice coming out deeper, even a bit warped. He didn’t sound like himself.

            “Scared, why would I be scared of you? And I said I don’t accept your apology so get out of here before I call someone to forcibly remove you!”

            “Remove me?” Jungkook asked, his voice sounding different as he focused on the beating pulse in the boys neck. Maybe just one taste would be okay, Taehyung was a vampire he would just heal right up… Jungkook leaned forward, his mouth so close that he could just the boy until he finally heard it,

            “Jungkook….Jungkook answer me you butthole! There are people coming your way…Jungkook you need to leave right now I need the chip!” Jimin screeched, his panic snapping Jungkook from his trance. Jungkook pushed back on Taehyung so hard that he could feel the boys back sink into the way, leaving an indentation.

            “Y…Yea…Sorry, I should go…” Jungkook said, quickly rushing from the room. He could still taste the adrenaline from Taehyung’s body as he ran to the meeting place Jimin had instructed him to go to.

            Once he arrived Jimin smacked him and while he had seen it coming he let the boy hit him, he deserved it after all.

            “You could have ruined everything! What were you doing with Taehyung? Forget it, give me the chip first!” Jimin said, quickly reaching his hand out for the chip. Jungkook was quick to pass off the piece of technology.

            “I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking properly and I’m kind of like stupid hungry right now actually…Can we just go, like we probably weren’t going to go to class anyway and I can’t be here right now.” Jungkook admitted. The walls seemed to be closing in on him and he couldn’t take it anymore. He felt like he was wearing thin at the seams.

            “Um yea, we can head to my house, I’ll be able to look at the chip there and I have food for your special palette there as well.” Jimin said, concern written all over his face. Jungkook was quick to follow the boy out of school, and away from the lingering smell of Taehyung.