Chapter Twelve

Lamia Febris

Jungkook looked around the room in amazement at the various tools spread out the area. There were medical kits and multiple tools sitting on trays next to white hospital looking bed. On the other hand, the mix of the bubbling tubes of substances and the small smoke lines that came out of them made Jungkook think differently.

“Why is this place here?” Jungkook said looking up to see that the ceiling was pretty high to be a locker room.

“Well like I said this is my mom’s office,” said Jimin hitting random buttons on the keyboard as he looked at the servalance videos on the giant screen of all the corners of the school on it.

“But why is it hidden? Why isn’t it like a normal teacher’s office?” he asked reverting his eyes back to what Jimin was doing. Jimin shrugged nonchalantly before he gave a solid answer.

“My mom is a bit different than the other teachers. She wants to discover things and trace back to why things were developing concrete information about it’s development or something like that. And because of that the other teachers somewhat outcast her, they don’t want to see all of that and they think that it’s inappropriate to do in front of the students since teachers aren’t supposed to make students change their minds, their just supposed to give them material and let them decide on their own. It’s kind of like the whole thing with religion verse science, we can’t teach to change their mind on what to believe in,” he said typing in more things and moving an analog stick to the right that was placed next to the key board.

“So they gave her a separate area?” he said looking at Jimin his lips in full concentration.

“Well, not the teachers but the principle did. He and the nurse and maybe one or two other teachers in this big school actually understand or tolerate my mom,” he said pausing his fast movements on the keyboard. He sighed and continued.

“Ah here we go,” he said as Jungkook moved his attention from Jimin to the screen.

“Look at monitor twelve,” said Jimin pointing to the specific screen monitor. Jungkook saw Jimin move the analog stick in his peripheral vision as he watched the video zoom in closer.

“This was right before the alarm had went off,” Jimin whispered biting his lip. Jungkook stared intently at the monitor. The setting was in a hallway, the doors of classrooms to the left and it was angled so that more of the window looking outside of the building was visible. But in the bottom left corner Jungkook saw someone, the student. His dark black hair nodding with the movement of his hair.

“He’s talking to someone,” Jungkook whispered.

“Huh?” said Jimin.

“Can you move the video stick down? Or zoom out a bit?” said Jungkook leaning forward. Jimin nodded and did so.

Jungkook watched the camera come out and saw the boy talking to someone.

“Who is he talking to?” asked Jimin squinting trying to move the area on the camera. They both watched as the boy nodded his head talking to someone in the doorway out of the eye of the camera. They watched as the man put a hand on the boys shoulder gripping it firmly. They watched as the boy nodded and walked off down the hallway.

“Where was this?” Jungkook asked searching for where the next angle would capture the boy.

“This was in wing D,” said Jimin typing on the keyboard. “There,” he said pointing to a monitor up in the corner. Jungkook watched as the boy stood there for a moment and started to breathe irregularly. In that moment he went from calm to straight craze. Jungkook’s eyes widened as the instant moment of thirst overtook the boy and watched him run out of sight.

“That happened at least two minutes before he got to our room,” said Jimin looking around.

“Do you have any clue where he is now?” said Jungkook looking at every monitor searching for the boy.

“It looked like the nurse took him so he should be around there,” he said typing on the keyboard again and shifting the analog stick.

“Hm, right here,” he said pointing his finger to monitor seventeen. Jungkook watched as the boy got carried out of Jin’s nurse’s office and into the hallway.

“Where are they taking him,” he whispered trying to follow the movement of the boy. The boy was slumped over one of the guard’s from earlier shoulder. Jimin shook his head. Jungkook followed the real time camera as the men showed in the next monitor screen walking down the hall. They went into a room at the end of the hall.

“Where’d they go?” Jungkook said at the edge of his seat.

“Hold on,” said Jimin typing furiously, “there aren’t any camera’s in this area but there’re one or two that I can hack which are the emergency cameras,” he said looking up and down from the monitor to his keyboard.

“Got it, monitor six,” he said pointing to it. They watched as the men entered the room. You watched as the guards locked the door from the insides bolting it three times. They watched as the guards laid the boy down and strapped him to the elongated chair, like one from the dentist office.

“What’re they doing?” said Jimin a little horrified.

“I think they’re going to torture him,” whispered Jungkook as he felt a slight pulse in his eye. The boy in the video finally woke up and they watched as he looked around the room frantically pulling against the leather straps that held him down. He was yelling something but there was no audio. They watched as the back of someone’s head appeared at the bottom of the screen. The man lifted his hands up as if he was talking to the boy with wide gestures.

“Zoom in on his hand,” said Jungkook standing up. Jimin did so and Jungkook leaned in. He noticed that hit was the same hand from the video earlier, he could tell because of the small scar in between the man’s thumb and pointer finger.

“Zoom out,” he said leaning back a bit. When Jimin did so he gasped.

“This can’t be possible,” said Jimin, “that’s not right they can’t do that!” he said a little louder standing up. The boys both watched as the man was handed a scapel and walked closer to the boy as he started struggling like crazy against the straps. Then the video cut short.

“What?” said Jimin out of breath, he furiously typed on the key board, “no what happened!?”

“Where’s the video!” said Jungkook looking at Jimin. Jimin plopped back down into his seat.

“Someone cut it,” he said looking as if he’d just seen a ghost. There was a moment of silence. “What’d they do to that student?” he whispered looking up at Jungkook.

“We need to tell your mom,” said Jungkook going back to the secret door he’d come into.