Chapter Three Pt.2

Lamia Febris

Chapter Three part Two

     After setting the drink aside Jungkook looked at his uncle. He wanted to know more about the news of his parents. They had never done anything wrong to him and yet here he was. He knew he was a vampire, it wasn’t that hard to figure out, but why was he like this. Jungkook didn’t even know any vampires aside from his uncle, who he didn’t even know was a vampire until now. Had his uncle done this too him? No that didn’t make any sense, nothing was making sense and Jungkook did not want to be here. Yoongi tried smiling at Jungkook and went to place his hand on the boy’s knee but he flinched away. Jungkook did not trust this man, family or not.

     “Ah well, I’m sure you’re very tired so you should probably head up to the guest bedroom. If you need anything I’ll be in my office working on some paper work.” Yoongi said, getting up before placing the cup Jungkook had into the sink. Jungkook wanted to know more answers about his mother and father but he didn’t think Yoongi would tell him everything he needed to know and he could tell he was keeping secrets from him.

     When Jungkook went upstairs he noticed that the bathroom mirror was covered up by a tarp. Jungkook wasn’t scared to see the trade mark vampire eyes and he figured everyone was just trying to protect him, but to go so far as to covering a mirror? Pulling back the tarp the first thing Jungkook noticed was how his body seemed a bit bigger. There were muscles that now covered his skin that weren’t there before. He then also noticed why everyone was so worried. Jungkook did have the vampire eyes, except that it was only one eye. Jungkook’s right eye was still its dark black while his left seemed to glisten even under the artificial bathroom light. The red eye was a deep crimson, with black flecks around the iris. It look intimidating to say the very least and quite strange on his face. So this eye kept him from dying, it looked like something out of a horror movie if he was being honest, but it didn’t necessarily scare Jungkook.

     What scared Jungkook however, was how hungry he still felt. Yoongi had said it was supposed to help him and it did, by only making his body hurt less. His appetite however was still there, an almost insatiable hunger. Trying to ignore that, Jungkook headed for the guest bedroom where he found a computer. Shutting the bedroom door and locking it shut Jungkook sat at the computer desk and turned the thing on. When it loaded a scanner came out that read password eye scan. Doubtful that it would work but willing to try anything to learn the things his uncle wasn’t sharing Jungkook moved his right eye to the scanner, to which it of course said wrong password try again. Without word or number password Jungkook couldn’t very well guess an answer. The try again screen flashed, seemingly teasing the young boy. Running his fingers through his hair, Jungkook could see a small desk mirror and watched as he newly colored eye shined.

     Taking a deep breath, Jungkook placed his vampire eye in view of the scanner and watched it swirl on the computer. Hearing a soft clicking sound the words welcome popped up in dark black letters. Jungkook quickly opened the internet browser and typed in recent car accidents in the area. Some of the articles read,

Local family killed in car accident, son sole survivor of the accident,

Researching married couple die tragically in car accident, their son in critical condition

What will happen to the VTP research facility branch in Remington Valley?

     Not wanting to read anymore articles about his parents, and how the media seemingly only thought their death was a tragedy because of their work he closed out the tab, his breathing heavy with hate. Tears began to slide from his eyes, but what shocked Jungkook the most was when he wiped his tears with the back of his hand, he found blood. Looking at the desk side mirror again Jungkook could see that while his normal eye had the typical salty water coming down his, his new red eye was bleeding. He looked utterly strange this way, had all vampires done this. His parents had worked with vampires his whole life and yet he hardly knew anything about them. Opening a new tab on the internet Jungkook typed in the word vampire and watched as things popped up left and right.

     Videos of vampires feeding, pictures of their sharp fangs and claws…

     Jungkook looked at his hands and back to the pictures, would he really look like that. A feral animal? He also saw images of them being tied to poles and burning in the day light. Jungkook quickly exited from anything that related to that, the memory of his own flesh burning still fresh in his mind. Everything he looked at scared him, he didn’t care about the rumors of extra strength and a longer life. Not when his parents no longer had their own lives.

     Jungkook tried to distract himself by looking up other information, and saw an article about how some vampires went insane if they didn’t feed on blood. Jungkook did not want to look that the dirty vampires in the photos, their claws sharp and mouths full of sharp teeth. The thought of drinking blood however, seemed gross to say the least. Would Jungkook really be able to stick his fangs out and drink blood? He didn’t even know how to make his fangs show on purpose. He looked into the mirror and opened his mouth slightly and thought of pointy things. Still nothing happened and he only managed to drool onto himself a bit. He pressed his finger to his mouth and poked around his mouth but it still felt normal on the inside.

     When Jungkook was shocked by his uncle however he hissed in response and felt a small prick before he saw the tip of his fangs just barely poking out his jaw, before they slide back inside the tissue.

     “You’re trying to show your teeth?” Yoongi said before stepping closer to his nephew. “Sorry for scaring you, and I think I could help you if you want?” Yoongi said pulling up a chair so he too could get a closer look at the boy.

     Jungkook simply nodded and watched as Yoongi breathed in deep before his fangs slide out his jaw and shined white in his mouth.

     “H…how?” He asked and looked back into the mirror his red eye shinning deeply, the black flicks dancing around.

     “Well I think of things that make me hungry, but I’ve heard that thinking of the color red can help younger children when they first get their fangs.” Yoongi said, smiling that wide and almost fake smile at Jungkook.

     Jungkook really didn’t think that would help, think of a color? How was that supposed to make his new teeth pop out, but regardless Jungkook tried anyway. When Jungkook thought of red he first pictured the roses his mother used to grow, how pretty Jungkook thought they were.  The happy image soon turned dark however, the soft red on the flowers melting down and onto the floor, and then Jungkook could see snow…he could smell it, the blood thick in the air and he was hungry. He could see his mother hanging over the front of the car and her blood dripping down the dash board and he was so hungry and all he could see was red. Jungkook winced at the pain when he felt his fangs slide out his mouth with a snarl. Jungkook’s fangs were, large to say the least. His red eye gleaming, the black flecks swirling around. Jungkook slapped a hand over the offending organ and looked at his teeth.

     “Wow…I’ve never really seen fangs that big before up close in person.” Yoongi said looking at his nephew curiously. “But they do vary in size so there’s nothing to worry about.”

     Jungkook wasn’t paying him any attention as he ran to the bathroom, nearly tripping on the tarp he had removed earlier. He just barely made it to the toilet as he emptied out his stomach, the thick red liquid causing even more pain to his still sensitive windpipe. Was that what it meant to be a vampire, to be hungry at anything that bled, even his own mother? Sliding down from the toilet Jungkook started to shake. He now knew why everyone was scared because even Jungkook himself felt like a creature. That article lied, three people died on that bridge that day, he just didn’t find peace like his parents.