Chapter Nine Part Two

Lamia Febris

Lamia Febris

            Once Jimin and Jungkook got to class all eyes were turned toward them before the teacher stopped and said, “Oh hello I’m sorry I forgot that there was a new student coming in today. I figured after the incident…or well that’s not important. Jungkook right?” The teacher asked, pushing her red glasses back up to the bridge of her nose. She had vibrant red hair that was pulled up into a tight bun that had two pencils stuck inside. Her shirt said, I <3 Biology in big red lettering on her black graphic tee-shirt and she wore simple jeans and tennis shoes. She looked more like a student than a teacher to Jungkook.

            “Anywho, why don’t you go ahead and sit next to Jimin because he knows the material already.” She said and as the boys started walking towards their desks she nearly shouted, “Oh and my names Mrs. Park! I always forget to say that bit….anyway what was I speaking about before?”

            Jungkook heard the rest of the class groan as they turned their attention back to Mrs. Park’s spastic personality. She was shifting all around her desk which was piled high with papers and books until Jimin called out, “We’re on chapter five mom.” Mrs. Park looked up and smiled before giving Jimin a big thumbs up. Jungkook watched in amusement as Jimin held up his thumb and said, “Fighting!”

            “That’s your mom?” Jungkook asked, taking a closer look at his classmate. Jungkook could see the resemblance a bit.

            “Does the red hair not give it away? Mom and I change our hair colors together. This month it’s red! Anyway open your notebook she’s about to start.” Jimin said as he got his things ready for note taking.

            “Okay class chapter ten is about the special adaptations of vampire. We are going to learn key traits about vampires that make them natural predators unlike humans whom don’t have any special physical abilities per say to help them make kills. Now remember the class room crede!” Mrs. Park said before saying in unison with the bored children, “Vampires or humans, no one is better because in the end we all return to once we came!” Most children mumbled it but Jimin practically shouted it along with his mother, his smile going from ear to ear.

            “Wait what does she mean by that, I thought vampires were immortal?” Jungkook whispered, so that no one could hear their conversation.

            “Nope, they actually do age just really freaking slowly. Why do you think most of the vampires on the high council are mostly really old and dusty looking? It’s because they are, they are the vampires that made it out of the war when the treaty was created. I heard one is even older than a thousand years old but that’s just a rumor.” Jimin said.

            Jungkook wrote that information down in his book before he started to really pay attention to the board.

            “Okay class, first we have the obvious pieces of the vampire anatomy, their sharp fangs that come out from the tissue in their jaws above where human canines are. While human canines are used to tear apart meat, theirs is more fashioned to dive deep into teeth and latch on so that they can drink the blood at a pretty even pace. Vampire teeth vary in length and size, some even resembling animal teeth more so than the pointy and sharp trademark teeth everyone thinks they have.”

            Jungkook wrote that down before writing off into the side, My fangs are larger than normal…but that’s okay I think

            “Next is the claws, they aren’t always prominent but when vampires don’t feed they are mostly visible. If you see a vampire with their claws out for any reason avoid them at all costs. It is a danger sign to humans and vampires alike. Now most vampire claws go from a half an inch to two inches. That largest claw recording on record however was three and a half inches. Those claws belong to Councilmen Lake who is still alive today.” Jungkook wrote that down, staring at his own hands. When he had attacked Taehyung how long were his claws?

            “Next we have the sight, a crucial part of an animal’s survival. While everyone knows that vampire eyes are far more superior to human eyes what makes them different? Well let’s find out! The vampire eye-” Mrs. Park was saying until an alarm went off within the school. Looking around the room Jungkook could see the reflective shine from all the vampire students, eyes all varying in different shades of red. When Jungkook looked at Jimin the boy stared and said, “Whoa…your eyes,” Everyone turned to Jungkook to look and he could see a couple of students pull their lips back, letting out a small hiss.

            Passing Jungkook a mirror and a small key chain flash light, Jimin handed them over to the boy,

            Looking down into the mirror Jungkook finally saw what everyone else did, his vampire eye wasn’t just red in the dark but it contained an iridescent silver color in the rim. It wasn’t until Jimin looked at the boy confused until he asked, “How can you see in the mirror without the lights on?” The rest of the vampires were aware that the room was dark, but to Jungkook it still looked mostly normal, if anything a little fuzzy around the edges. Just what was so special about this eye?