Chapter Twenty Three

Lamia Febris

Lamia Febris Chapter Twenty Three

                The starved vampire dashed straight for Jungkook, its movements reckless and spastic. Jungkook quickly moved out of the way in order to turn. He kept his back away from the vampire. He needed to be focused. Jungkook wasn’t betting on any sort of police to save them, if they were going to survive this, they would have to do this together.

                Ilhoon was the one to actually hand the first hit, sending the starved vampire’s blood all over the pavement. It was black in color and smelt of rot. Was this what happened when vampires didn’t eat, did they rot like corpses?

                “Stay away from hit’s mouth, it’s toxic!” Ilhoon said, dodging another hit, but he miscalculated his balance and knocked into Jungkook. Jungkook felt back onto his hands and knees, leaving him wide open.

                Ilhoon went in for another hit but the vampire was ready for him this time and grabbed a hold of his arms, using its momentum to swing Ilhoon into the alleyway wall. Concrete from the buildings wall fell around Ilhoon like snow. Strong….

                Jungkook was quick to roll away when the vampire went to attack him, doing his best to follow Ilhoon’s orders’ of not getting bitten.

                Jungkook used his claws to dig into the thin flesh of the vampires forearms and charge it into the far side wall. Ilhoon was still on the ground, and Jungkook could see that his head was bleeding steadily.

                The vampire was quick to knee Jungkook in the stomach a few times but the boy refused to let go, slamming the vampire against the wall again, trying to knock it unconscious. Jungkook knew Ilhoon would want to kill it, he could tell by the way the boy had looked at it, no fear just pure determination, but Jungkook was determined to. If what Ilhoon had said about his parents was true, that the food shortages for the vampires was their fault, then he wanted to help, needed to help.

                “Stop this it isn’t you! You…You’re just a little hungry. We can help you!” Jungkook said, but it fell on deaf ears as the vampire once again used all of its strength to knock Jungkook away. Jungkook held hard on his back, twisting his ankle as he tried to stop it. He could feel his red eye just aching as the vampire turned to finish the job…to kill Jungkook. He was going to die…be eaten by this monster. I don’t want to die….

                Just as Jungkook was sure the vampire was going to kill him he saw a hand flew through his chest, the fingers going so far as to wave at Jungkook before removing themselves from the vampire. It dropped down, twisting on the ground in agony.

                “So that happened?” Ilhoon said, walking around the wounded monster to pull Jungkook to his feet. Jungkook could feel his ankle trying to heal itself but he knew it wouldn’t be complete until he feed. For now he was at least good enough to get away.

                “Let’s get the hell out of here.” Ilhoon said walking away. Jungkook began to follow him until he walked into Ilhoon’s back.

                “Wait I almost forgot!” The other boy said before jogging over to the starved vampire. Reaching down he pulled it up by its matted and gripped at its neck and shoulder. Jungkook heard the pop before its head came off. Jungkook was proud to say he lasted at least five seconds before vomiting all over the blood soaked ground.

                “Aw cheer up Jungkook, at least we aren’t dead.” Ilhoon said, going so far as to just toss the head into the nearby garbage bin as if he was playing basketball. Watching Ilhoon’s wicked smile was the last thing Jungkook saw before he passed out.