Chapter Five Part One

Lamia Febris

Chapter Five

            Once class was over Jungkook gathered his things, but was stopped when the teacher called him over. Jungkook waited for the rest of the students to filter out of the room before walking up to his teacher, he didn’t want any one over hearing their conversation and he was glad that it was going to be only one pair of eyes on him instead of a whole classroom full.

            Jungkook walked up to the teacher’s desk and waited for him to speak, Jungkook had nothing to say to the man and he didn’t want risk messing his throat up even more. Jungkook was here to listen, not speak.

            “First of all I wanted to apologize about all the talking the students are doing, they mistake curiosity with insensitivity. Children do not understand the concept of loss very well I’m afraid.”

            Jungkook nodded at the man, to signify that he understood before letting him continue with his conversation.

            “I also wanted to give my condolences, you’re parents weren’t just very important people to the research of vampires but they were loved by many.” Jungkook wanted to say thank you to the kind words about his parents being more than brains to the world, but his eye began to hurt. That cursed vampire eye of his was causing him way more trouble than he ever wanted. Jungkook tried to listen to Namjoon talk but his eye just hurt even more. He reached up and placed his hand over it thinking maybe it was sensitive to light or something but it still burned.

            “Jungkook are you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse?” Thinking that maybe that was a good idea, Jungkook shook his head no however, remembering the way the nurse at the hospital had screamed at him.

            Jungkook whispered out sorry before rushing from the room, but in all his commotion he didn’t see the person who was in front of him, sending them both to the ground. Jungkook groaned in pain, parts of his body still in a lot of pain from the accidents and when Jungkook uncovered his red eye he saw a very angry vampire. They had their fangs barred and he looked like he was ready to take a chunk out of Jungkook.

            “Do you not look where you are ing going half-breed!” The boy yelled, a couple of the students behind him laughing at the name a few students had given Jungkook because of his one red eye. On one hand Jungkook was happy because his eye wasn’t hurting anymore, on the second hand however, his whole body was one giant ache. The fall had done more damage than he thought.

            “Does that eye even work? Answer me when I’m talking to you!” The boy nearly screamed. The boy seemed so big standing over Jungkook like that. His brown hair doing nothing to cover the intense red from the boy’s eyes. He looked like the vampires in the videos he watched, the monstrous ones.

            “Taehyung leave him alone,” A soft but firm voice said. This boy was even taller than Taehyung and he looked much kinder too.

            “ Kai this is none of your damn business, this is on my turf and I’ll handle it any way I want.”

            “Taehyung stand down, this boy is having a very rough week and we should show kindness. I’m sure he’s sorry for what he did, aren’t you?” Kai asked helping Jungkook to his feet. Jungkook quickly bowed his head, not trusting his throat to work.

            “A rough week? Oh boo-who my family died, you act as if the families here haven’t had it worse. He’s lucky he even got to grow up with his parent’s.” The boy said, his anger nearly making his vibrate with rage.

            “Taehyung! This is not a competition, take your little band of misfits and go away.” Kai said before taking Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook followed the man, nearly tripping over his feet as he did so. Who was this boy and why did he help him? Jungkook needed to find out and soon, this school was more like a warzone instead of a place to learn and Jungkook did not want to find himself at the wrong side of the fence.