Chapter Eighteen

Lamia Febris

Jimin didn’t really say much after that, well that’s a lie. The boy couldn’t stop talking about random things that would try to make Jungkook laugh. But how can you just shake the feeling of being a monster to the world so easily off your shoulders? You couldn’t.

“What’s the time for the video?” Jungkook said not really feeling like he had any energy left in his body.

“Hmm let’s see,” said Jimin changing the screen from one of those “Don’t Laugh” youtube videos back to the loading folder, “about two more hours,” said Jimin sheepishly turning back to Jungkook. Jungkook breathed heavily and let his face dry with bloody tears fall into his hands. He gripped his thick hair through his fingers and froze in that position. After a moment of heavy silence Jimin spoke up.

“How about this, how about I give you my number,” said Jimin. Jungkook looked up at the boy puzzled.

“What? You have a phone don’t you?” said Jimin with a serious “you’ve got to be kidding me” look on his face. Jungkook slit his eyes at the boy and Jimin took it as a yes.

“Ok then, I’ll give you my number and text you when the video is done, I’ll put it on a usb and bring it to school tomorrow. We can go back to my secret amazing locker laboratory and decipher it, I won’t peek in it ok?” said Jimin. The look on the boys face wasn’t really calm, it was eager, like he was searching for as many solutions as possible. Jungkook breathed deeply and looked at the alarm clock sitting on Jimin’s desk, the time was cutting to close for when he was supposed to be home. Jungkook nodded and stood up picking up his backpack by one arm.

“Fine, but if you peek in that folder and tell anyone what you saw,” Jungkook started but Jimin cut him off.

“What? Why would I watch a video without my side kick?” said Jimin leaning back putting his hands behind his head.

“Side kick?” asked Jungkook completely baffled. He never cared for Jimin’s little spice in vocabulary but really? Side kick?

“Yeh, I’m like the brains and your just like the body. The real hero is obviously the brains. Like iron man, his butler computer was the one creating all this stuff and iron man just wore that and flew around for show,” he said shrugging in full satisfaction of his theory.

“You do realize he was the one that created the computer to do all that work right?” said Jungkook staring down at Jimin. Jimin looked away for a rebuttal but failed.

“Whatever man, I’m the brains and you’re the beauty ok, and I’m not stupid enough to do something like that…..but I do have more beauty though,” he said with a small smile tipping his head to the side. Jungkook rolled his eyes and walked out the door.

“I’ll text you when it’s done!” yelled Jimin behind him. How did Jungkook get into a relationship like this? But he was grateful, he was grateful that he had someone that didn’t judge him so quickly, that someone was fascinated with him and that didn’t label him as a monster. Jungkook smiled softly to himself as he closed Jimin’s front door behind him.

He looked up and noticed how fast the sun was setting in the sky. If he didn’t get back to his house he knew his uncle would be up his . He went out the front yard closing the gate and turned to the left. He kept his head down watching his feet as he walked down the hill.

“Well well well look who it is,” said a familiar deep voice. Jungkook looked up to see Hansol with his backpack arm on one shoulder. The boy looked at Jungkook and looked at Jimin’s house and back to Jungkook raising his left eyebrow.

“Good to see your making new friends,” he whispered in his low voice tilting his head to the side. Jungkook’s jaw tightened. He didn’t like the way Hansol looked towards Jimin’s way, like Jimin was the weird toilet stall you weren’t supposed to go to because it was always broken.

“What’re you doing over here?” said Jungkook trying to regain Hansol’s wavering attention. Hansol looked back at Jungkook again and smiled to the side leaning forward a bit.

“I live over here,” he said, his dark eyes telling him something completely different. “Shouldn’t I be asking you the same question?” he whispered.

“Like you said, I made new friends,” said Jungkook tightening his jaw again curling his fingers a bit tighter around the backpack strap. He breathed deeply. Hansol didn’t do anything wrong to Jungkook, if anything he might’ve been more trustworthy than others. But when Kai had said that everyone thought he was a monster who could he really trust besides Jimin?

“Looks like you two were up to know good,” said Hansol leaning back looking more down towards Jungkook now, it was like the guy’s shadow was hovering over Jungkook. It wasn’t evil, but it didn’t feel safe.

“Looks like I’m going to be late to getting back to my Uncle’s,” Jungkook said moving past Hansol. Hansol chuckled softly and didn’t move as Jungkook walked past.

“Next time wipe your face with water. Dry blood can scare…well, humans,” he said. Jungkook froze in his footsteps as he heard Hansol pick up his own. Jungkook had completely forgotten to wash his face. Did Hansol think that he was eating on something, someone, on Jimin? His eyes widen in horror as he turned around and saw no trace of Hansol. He looked around and couldn’t even smell the guys scent anymore. He turned back around and starting running home, afraid that someone would see the dry sadness on his face.