Chapter Five Part Two

Lamia Febris

Chapter Five Part Two

            Jungkook followed behind the taller boy until they got to a small clearing, it was still indoors but the roof was missing from this part of the building allowing light down to the pond-like area. When they got to a gazebo they took a seat, Kai didn’t speak for some time which made Jungkook a little worried. Was it really Jungkook’s fault for making that other boy so angry? He was going to say sorry before the boy started screaming at him. When Jungkook opened his mouth to say something, Kai put his hand over Jungkook’s lips.

“You don’t have to talk, I know your throat is still messed up from the accident.” Kai said. Jungkook looked confused as to how this boy knew. He wasn’t in his class when it was announced.

“Don’t worry, I know because I’m the senior class president. All of the heads in school know so that if you need any help we can be there for you. Believe it or not that boy who was yelling at you is the junior class president, Kim Taehyung; no relation to your teacher Namjoon however.”

The school president had yelled at him, that couldn’t be good right? All he had done was bump into him though. That shouldn’t have called for such a violent reaction. Was that what it meant to be a vampire? To bare your teeth at everything, to prove just how much stronger you were than everything else? It left a sour taste in Jungkook’s mouth.

“Hey, why the long face? Not everyone here is like that. You just need to follow to secret student body rules and then you’ll do fine alight?” Kai said, smiling softly at Jungkook. He was happy to have such a nice person on his side, Jungkook left all his friends from his old school and he couldn’t shake how lonely he felt but with Kai here things seemed a bit better.

“Okay rule number one, don’t cross Block C. That’s where Taehyung and his lackeys hang out. They are bad news, but I don’t have to explain that to you. Next just stay out of all junior vampire rules between Taehyung and the junior Vice president, Hansol. They constantly fight over who’s in charge and they break the school rules. It is safer to just follow the school code of conduct and what the seniors say to do. This isn’t a battle ground okay? I just want all the students to stay in harmony, be them a vampire or a human. Do you have to school rule book yet?”

Nodding, Jungkook pulled out a small journal that said Nightingale High code of conduct. The symbol was a coat of arms that had two hands grasping each other. Unity it above all else, is what it read. Somehow Jungkook didn’t believe that one bit.

“Okay good, you should review pages four through ten. It’s the rules all vampire students have to follow. Don’t worry though it isn’t that bad, humans even have their own secret rules.” Kai said patting Jungkook’s leg.

“T…Thank you.” Jungkook whispered out. He figured allowing Kai that much was fine.

“No problem and remember,” Kai said getting up, “If you need any help just ask me okay? The student government office is located in Block One, I’m usually there when I’m not in class.”

Keep up as well Jungkook nodded, thankful for the help.

“Remember Jungkook, it isn’t always going to be this bad, everyone’s first day usually .” And with that Kai left leaving Jungkook alone. Looking up at the sky, Jungkook sighed. He did not belong here.