Why I Hate Her (Part 2)

14 Days to find love.

(A/N: The majority of this chapter is mostly just Tiffany telling Mir why the girls hate her so much. This chapter also shows why G.O started avoiding Jessica after Tiffany talked to him. Enjoy :D)

“Jessica isn’t who she seems…”

“You see, two years ago, when we were fourteen, Jessica used to be friends with us. Like really close friends. One day, she stopped talking to us altogether. She wouldn’t return our phone calls, she wouldn’t sit with us at lunch, and she wouldn’t even look at us in-between classes.”

“What happened?” Mir asked. I didn’t look up but I could feel how close he was to me.

“I don’t know. Nobody knew.” I answered.

We stayed in silence. I could see Mir getting impatient, so I continued

“It was like that for weeks on end…and none of us knew what to do. We tried going up to her but she would always push us away. She was my best friend and we told everthing to each other, but it seemed this time that she was staying away from specifically me.

“At the time, I had a big crush for a guy named Jonghyun, and we were making slow progress. He even said he liked me too. I felt so connected to him and Jessica was the only one who knew how far I fell for him. One day, Hilda and I were walking when we…we…we saw her and Jonghyun…and they…” I was on the verge of tears. I held them back, willing them to stay hidden. Suddenly, I felt arms around me.

“Don’t cry~” Mir whispered. I sniffed into his chest, still holding back the tears that wanted to fall so badly.

I took a while, sniffling and cuddling into his chest.

“Why don’t you tell me what happened?” he said softly.

I cleared my throat.

“She…and Jonghyun…they were at the park and…they were…t-they were…” My voice was only barely audible on the last word “kissing”

Mir tensed, tightening his grip around me and in a sharp breath. I felt uncomfortable and pulled away. He looked at me curiously but I just continued the story while staring at my hands.

“Once she found out that we knew, Jessica was freely open about her relationship with Jonghyun.” I said “She would parade around on his arm and he would deny he ever said anything to me.

“We all hated her after that, but the worse was still to come.

“Three weeks passed and ‘Jongsica’ had become the school’s ‘it’ couple. They were named the perfect happy couple by the student body, but then again, the student body had not known how the ‘perfect couple’ had come to be.

“My friends and I wanted to expose Jessica, show the student body how much of a she is and how badly she betrayed her friend. But I stopped them. Jessica may have betrayed me, but she was still my friend. And I protected my friends.

“After a month or so, Jonghyun and Jessica had a huge fight. There were harsh words, the throwing of various objects and the occasional slap or two. Soon after that, they broke up.

“Everyone was so devastated that the school’s ‘it’ couple was no more, but my friends were quick to celebrate. I, on the other hand had greater things to worry about.

Mir pulled me to him again. I didn’t struggle. My legs were starting to hurt anyway.

“G.O oppa had always had a HUGE crush on Jessica, and when she broke up with jonghyun, he saw an opportunity to court her, and he asked her on a date.

“Of course I repelled the idea because I love oppa, but I couldn’t keep him from making his decision.

“He went out with Jessica to this swanky restaurant, hoping to impress her I think. She saw him as nothing more than the rebound guy. After dinner, oppa walked her home and dropped her off. Then she really crossed the line.

“Apparently she found it okay to play with my oppa’s heart and ask him out again. Their ‘second date’ so to speak.

“It was scheduled for September 18th, also known as my birthday.    (A/N: This really isn’t my birthday :P)

“Of course oppa wouldn’t miss my birthday, so he asked if he could re-schedule his date. Jessica threw a huge fit, saying that he didn’t love her and calling him names. Oppa came home and told me everything. How she played with his heart, and how he still had feelings for her. I snapped.

“I confronted Jessica about what had happened. Of course she denied she knew anything about me and Jonghyun and she said she didn’t know Byung Hee (G.O) was my brother. I laughed bitterly. She was just messing with me of course. She said that we should just forget all about this and become friends.” I scoffed “As if that would happen.

“I said no. All she did was turn and walk away.

“We never spoke after that. She went to Yuri, who she calls her ‘new best friend’. In my opinion, they’re both s. Yuri’s already dated half the school. Your friend Joon included. He’s one of oppa’s close friends and he came to talk to me one day about it.

“Oppa still hasn’t fully given up on her. He’s just waiting by the sidelines, offering his heart but she never accepts him. Whenever I bring up what happened, he’ll start avoiding her until he forgets about it, then he falls back into routine.

“I’ve tried helping him, but he really likes her. I feel sorry for him mostly because he keeps getting rejected by the person he loves…even if it is Jessica…” I trailed off.

As soon as I had finished recounting, I felt drained. There was too much drama that had happened over those years and telling it all in one go had left me exhausted. Before I knew it, I was drifting off in Mir’s arms…

 

Mir’s POV:

Wow.

Just wow.

Even after all that had happened, hyung still liked her?

Well that just plain .

If anyone had messed with my little sister, I would have knocked their heads in.

I looked down at Tiffany sleeping peacefully in my arms.

Aww. She’s so cute when she’s sleeping.

Maybe I could just stay like this forever, just peaceful with her in my arms.

But unfortunately, if I was caught in here with her like this in the morning, hyung would have me crucified.

I sighed.

That Jessica really was a . And messing around with people like that. Wtf. Who does that? Well, Jessica apparently but still…

And that Jonghyun guy is pissing me off too.

NO. NOT BECAUSE I AM JEALOUS.

But because she’s hyung’s sister and I’m supposed to take care of the younger ones…right…?

Ugh. Pretend that never happened.

She stirred in my arms. I stiffened.

Sigh…

I looked around.

Yes.

Thank goodness she brought a pen and some paper.

Quickly, I scrawled a message onto the notebook and put it by her side.

I gently carried her and laid her in her sleeping bag and zipped it up.

Good.

Silently, I crept over her sleeping figure and into my tent.

I checked my watch.

5:30AM

Oh well, some is better than none right?

I crawled into my crappy old sleeping bag and fell asleep with new thoughts in my head.