The Calm Before the Storm

14 Days to find love.

Onew POV:

 

I lounged back against the rough bark of the tree behind me, closing my eyes and inhaling deeply, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my face.

I hooked my hands behind my head and adjusted myself. Since we’re lost with time to spare, might as well enjoy all the free time right?

Mr Lee had given Taeyang a long, mouthy lecture about getting us lost. I really respected him for that; I would’ve kicked the in the balls before he finished the first sentence, but Taeyang endured through it wordlessly, looking over his maps and drawing on them whenever he looked like he had a breakthrough. The rest of us went along with our own business.

Several groups of us went to go exploring not too far away, checking out the creeks and going swimming to cool off since it was hot. Tiffany had invited me to go swimming, and normally I would’ve accepted, but I was too tired to really do anything but sleep.

Yep, that’s me. Lazy piece of dubu :P.

I got up to go find Tiffany’s backpack. I knew she always harboured some chicken flavoured biscuits for me somewhere, like I hid gummy worms for her in my bag. Why don’t we just keep them in our own bags you say?

Well I don’t know. I guess it’s been a thing we’ve done since we were kids.

I remember playing “catch the mouse” with her and her brother when we were little. We used to gather up at someone’s house and we’d eat junk food, watch movies, talk and play games until either one of our parents would yell at us to go to sleep or to keep it down.

We’ve stopped since but we still are pretty close.

“Don’t tell me you’re looking for chicken again?” I looked up to see G.O hyung towering over me, his arms folded and his face clean from any trace of a moustache.

HE SHAVED HIS MOUSTACHE OFF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

!?!?

!?

?

?

?

Why did he shave his moustache off?

I gave him a weird look.

“What?” he asked indifferently

“Where’s your…?” I pointed to my upper lip.

“I shaved it off, needed a new look, I don’t think Tiffany will take lightly of it when she gets back from swimming, but there’s a surprising amount of attention that it’s drawn…I think I’ll keep it like this for a while, I like it” he said, shrugging it off as if it were no big deal

I gawked at him a little longer before my thoughts went back to my stomach.

Oh yeah, I wanted chicken.

I dug through Tiffany’s bag some more, not even reacting to a packet of tampons that brushed my hand until I found what I had been looking for.

Somebody cue the cheesy halleluiah music cause I’ve found the mother load.

I held the packet of chicken flavoured biscuits up, looking at it like it was the most precious thing in the world.

Well to me it was.

G.O hyung chuckled, shoving his hand at my head playfully and sitting down next to me.

“You’re a dorky loon, you know that?” he laughed

I ignored him, opening the packet and chomping down hungrily.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnonmomnomnonomnomonnmnomnomnom

Okay I’m good now.

G.O clucked his tongue and shook his head in disapproval. He glanced around once, his eyes getting caught on one of the tents in the circle.

“Yah, Onew-sshi” he pointed at Yasmin “She’s cute isn’t she?”

I choked on my last bite. Aw, I was looking forward to that last bite. G.O, you poo.

“Yasmin?” I asked surprised “She’s Tiffy’s, friend you know that?”

“Yeah, but have you seen the way she looks at you?”

“I…what?” I pouted at him and furrowed my eyes “She doesn’t look at me…in that way”

At least I don’t think so…

I looked over at Yassi, catching her gaze as she stared back. She blushed, looking down and sitting down next to Hilda.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?-

 

Natalia POV:

 

I sat on a big mossy rock near the big pool that everybody found.

Caitlin, Minho, Key, Taemin and Kim were standing at one side of the pool, holding their end of the rope while Seungho, Mir, Joon, Tiffany and Chundoong stood at the other.

“BISHI…JA*!!!!!” Yesung yelled

*it’s the Romanization for what Koreans use to say ‘ready, set, go!’

Wet and grinning, both teams pulled hard on their ends of the ropes, laughing and splashing when they pulled the other team in or falling in themselves.

I stared at their happy faces, splashing away at each other without a care in the world. I smiled a little at Yesung as he came over, sitting himself down next to me on the rock.

“Gwenchana?” he said softly, wet brown hair flopping over his eyes as he leaned in close.

I chuckled.

“Pabo” I smiled, moving the damp strands of hair away from his face. He smiled.

He pulled me into a hug, soaking my shirt and laughing as I tried to pull away. I shook my head free of water, but small droplets still clung to the tips of my hair.

“Yah! Yesung-ah!!!” He laughed harder

“Everything’s gonna be fine, oppa promises. Nothing will happen as long as you have me” he showed me his crooked smile.

As long as you have me.

Oddly enough, I felt better about having the marker after that.

 

Taemin POV:

 

Kim lounged back against my chest, her head near my neck and my arms around her shoulders.

We were playing cards!

But she’s the one who’s winning…ehehe.

“C’mon, just one peek? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?” I begged her for the fourth time.

“Oppa~~~ that would defeat the purpose!” she pouted at me, sitting up and turning to face me “What if all the card games everyone would be able to look at each other’s cards, there’d be no point then! what happens if you’re a poker player and everyone sees everyone’s cards and then everyone would win, then they’d have to split the chips in the middle equally then more people would get into gambling cause they would win so easily then the casino would go bankrupt cause they have to give away too many chips and…and then the entire would be corrupted, all because you were allowed to see each other’s cards” She finished with a nod

She gets so cute when she starts ranting.

Naww.

“Okay then yeobo-yah, I won’t ask again” I said as I pulled her back into my arms and let her rest her head again.

I breathed in her hair, smelling her sweet smell and burying my face into her soft dark brown hair as she asked for her next card.

Go Fish ftw!

We played some more, oblivious to time passing by around us until I started feeling itchy on my arms.

BOHHH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? SINCE WHEN DID I GET SO MANY MOSQITOE BITES ON ME!?!?!?!?!?

Owwieee~~~

. 3.

“Kimmi-yah? I think we should go back now, it’s getting dark”

“Boh? Oh, arraso!” she said, jumping up cutely and waiting as I stood up too.

I smiled at her energetic figure as she ran off towards camp, only stopping when she reached her tent, plopping down and waiting patiently for me as I came, breathing hard as I dragged my legs towards her. (A/N: That’s what she said xD)

How can you have the energy to do that?

I lugged my feet the last few metres, falling on my knees and collapsing, my head in her lap as she started to pat my head.

She giggled “We’ll help you run more oppa”

I huffed a smile.

Everyone was gathered there already, dry and talking comfortably by the fire. We went over to Onew, Tiffany and Mir, catching the last few sentences of their conversation before sitting down next to them.

“But there are none left! What do you want me to believe, a squirrel ate them!?”

“I swear I didn’t touch the biscuits Tiff!” Onew replied to the accusation

“Yeah right, you were probably bored and then went to my bag to eat” she said with a smile, he forefinger poking Onew’s forehead.

Knowing Onew hyung, he probably did.

“Yah! Mir-sshi believes me, right?”

“Sorry hyung, your own your own on this one” he laughed.

“Anneyoung!” Kim beamed, jumping down next to Tiffany and patting the spot next to her for me to sit on.

After we were all seated around the campfire, Taeyang was nowhere in sight, so Mr. Lee had to talk us through what was happening. That was what was supposed to happen anyway.

 

Caitlin POV:

“Where’s Taeyang oppa?” I asked to anyone in general. We were all seated next to the fire; our spirits still up from all the water fighting earlier today

“I don’t know, I think he’s rounding up Jessica and Yuri” my heart stuttered hearing his deep, soothing voice near my ear. He was seated next to me, his thigh nearly touching mine. Dammit heart.

“Sorry I’m late,” Taeyang said as he jogged back to us, following Jessica and Yuri in-front of him. He looked around briefly, his eyes scanning all of us and fear crossing into his eyes “Quickly, has anyone seen Jeanne today?”

“More than that” Natalia intervened with tears in her eyes, appearing out of the bushes like a pale white ghost, fragile and hollow. Her voice was strangled and hoarse, her sound choked by her tears.

“Yesung’s missing too”

 

 

(A/N: omo, what happens next????????)