7.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The growing darkness woke Hawol from her cries, while anxieties crept into her mind and sent shivers crawling down to her feet. It was a cold night, colder than she have ever felt. The white, thick fog was something new too, a sight she could have never anticipate. But what stayed the same was obvious, she was the only living soul in the street that night. No one, not a single light had shone her path and gave her a sense of security, no, nothing except the cold, lifeless road lamps by the side of the endless closed stalls. Her breath grew heavier as the air bit into her skin, chewing them with intense chilliness. 

 

Soon after, she was sniffing her way to Henry, coughing and sneezing along her frail steps to the only person she could remember. She stayed calm, breathing slowly, rhythmically as she strode faster and faster. The road felt longer than ever, but the silence kept her mind at peace. Then, just as her guts quivered, a loud, profound howling made her knees weak. Her eyes lingered in fear, desperately trying to spot any close threat, any monsters that they had told her before. Being reminded of their words made it a lot worse as her frightened state had only added intensity to the petrifying images in her head. 

 

Then just like her nightmares, sets of red, hollow eyes stared dead at her face. Their low, deep snarls had reached into her spine as she felt her own body lose control, paralysed by the silent growls. Her lung betraying her as the air felt thick and indigestible; she didn’t even dare to try and breathe. 

 

What she saw was probably the worst, even after bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter