12.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who’s the boy?” the older women poked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity and youthful cheekiness. “Oh mom.” Hawol whined, looking away as she hid her red, flushed cheeks shyly. That slight peck on her head was still warm as the first moment Hwanuk kissed them. That soft, velvety feel of his lips sealed on her skin like newly drawn tattoo. Hot and slightly painful. But her mom must not know of truth. 

“No one can know.” He said, his eyes darker than big black, night sky. 

 

“There's no such thing Mom. I’m just happy cuz my cookies are selling pretty well at Henry’s.” She said, feigning a casual tone. But it did hurt her, deep down she wanted to say. To tell stories about this amazing young man she met and how kind he was towards her. How warm it could be when they were together. How complete it had felt. But no, she could not do it. Never.

“I see. Well I’m glad. I don't have to pay your collage fees then.” her mom retorted, in fact snorted out of annoyance. Secrecy amongst family felt so taboo, she thought. “Hmm, about that. Have you applied for one?”

 

 

That’s right. Studies. Hawol did not have the time to figure out where she could study, especially when her desired course was so a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter