10.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walked home this time, without an ounce of fear in her heart. She felt liberated. Having a friend made her happy. There was really nothing to fear except for a pack of those ruthless wild dogs. There were no monsters. 

 

As she thought of all the things that had happened, her foot knowingly stopped at the front door of the old garage. While its lurking darkness had only brought one thing in her mind, Hwanuk. She pushed the old, rusty piece of ceiling plate from the door and squeezed in between the small crevice that she made. 

 

“Hwanuk?” it was broad daylight when she came, but inside, not a single ray of light had punctured through. It was pitch black; top to bottom. While the smell of rot and corroding metals made her light in the head. “Hwanuk?” she called  again, hands on the molded wall as her support. “Here.” He called, his voice sounding like her salvation. The thick air surprisingly thickened even more, and her step were slowed down by its pungent smell. How did she survive this last time? she thought. 

“Here, hurry.” he pulled her fingers and brought her into the same room as last time. Except it was a bit different. The blinding, overwhelming white fluorescent were turned off, leaving the room lit by hundreds of candles. The plants inside of the room seemed to  be growing too, taller than the last time she came. “How do this plants grow anyway?” she whispered; her fingers grazing a long, healthy green leaf. The lightness in the air was too natural for her to notice, as she waited for his answer. 

 

“Me.” his barely whispered.

Hawol’s brow were knot together, confused by his answer. Me? as in me me? questions popped in her head like a row of popcorns. “Oookay.” she answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter