.34

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon, there was a very familiar structure that had made Hawol’s tummy growl with uneasiness. She took a deep breath and walked closer. Her hands ran lightly against the metal plate that had once scrapped her cheeks. Tears seemingly fell down her eyes as she smiled and said, “Hey there babies. I made it.” Hawol murmured as she rests her forehead on the old, very dear garage. The smell of it awakening all her memories, all his touch in her flesh like fireworks. Soon her shoulders shuddered with painful sobs and immediately, Henry placed his hand on her shoulder and tried somehow to console her. Though he knew that it was no use, her cries were too loud in his ears. 

“Let's go,” she said, coldly out of the sudden. Probably from all the pain surging through her heart. 

 

They walked in slowly. And soon, after the throat wrenching stench, they arrived inside. Wordlessly Hawol took out a lighter from her cardigan and lit up the candles. The room beamed. Trees and plants growing by each wall, most of them still standing strong while some had followed Hwanuk and wilted away. Henry’s breath was taken, his eyes glistened with amazement as he looked all over the supposedly haunted, rotten place. Instead, it was magical. With all the hung candles warmly, Hwanuk’s garage had glowed. That garage was warmer than his own home and that somehow broke his heart. 

He was so wrong. They were all so wrong. 

“See, this is his legacy. His legend. When everyone feared him like hell, he raised lives inside this place. He did it all alone.” Hawol explained, caressing a pot of dead plant. Their brown lifeless colour broke her heart into million pieces. “No one to fix you now,” she whispered as she bit her lips and swallowed her agony. She lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter