14.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What were they talking about Hawol?” Etha barked, her eyes filled with a concoction of anger, distress and worries. Her hands were by the sides of Hawol’s shoulder and though her grip was firm, her fingers were filled with tremors. Hawol knew that her mother had found out. It was so sudden and there was no proof but by the look in her eyes, Hawol knew her mother had known the truth. 

 

Hawol could not speak a word. The broken parts of her mother’s heart was all over her eyes, she was so scared that admitting would hurt Etha even more. But it was not like she could lie either. So instead, she held her mother’s hand and called her like she was calling for help. 

“Eomma…Eomma…Eomma…” she held on for dear life as she gripped her mother’s fingers desperately but it was barely clinging on. “Oh Hawol…”

 “I have to go mom. I need to see him.” Hawol stood up, determination was burning within her as she slipped away. Etha screamed. “STOP RIGHT NOW MUN HAWOL! IF YOU LOVE ME THEN YOU’LL STOP!!!!” 

 

“I’m leaving because i love you mom. I have to know how this happened and who broke out the news! I have to see him!” Hawol retorted, too busy putting on her jackets to even look back as she hastily walked into her shoes and ran out. 

 

“I need to see him!” she spoke to herself, as if she was the one who needed the reassurance. 

 

“Hwanuk!” the zinc plate crashes down to the concrete floor as the sound of them colliding roared into the empty garage. Hawol jumped over it briskly, feeling thankful for her long, lean legs. “Hwanuk… where are you?” Hawol breathed, the coldness of the night reaching deep into as her lips trembled. No one. She breathed again. Nobody. She stopped. 

 

Hwanuk. She whispered. Tears were b her eyes as her lungs suffocates, the darkness of the garage stabbing her with countless thoughts and fearsome expectations. She walked deeper into the place, into another room as dashes of white fluorescent light blinded her for a few seconds. When she could see again, her eyes burned painfully with tears. Hwanuk was by the wall, watching her helplessly as he did with the sun. He stared her silently, his eyes all dewy and sad. He didn’t speak when he watched her came closer; her lips covered by her long, slim fingers. They were trembling a bit and her brows were knitted so tight together, she looked like a scrunched up napkin. 

 

Then, he closed his eyes as he felt her arms wrapping his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter