35. - The Erasure

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is everything done?” Etha asked. She scraped her fingers along the door as she looked around for anything else they wanted to take away.  Hawol limped slightly out of her room, carrying a small pot of plant in her arms.

“Yes,” she said. 

“Oh! You can walk without the stick now.” Etha smiled, handing her hand out to take the plant from Hawol. The girl shook her head as she hugged it tighter against her belly. 

“Its okay mom, I can carry it.” 

“Yeah, I tried walking with Henry yesterday from town and now I don’t use it anymore.” Hawol continued, smiling faintly as she walked to the car. Etha nodded, feeling quite amazed at her daughter’s will. She looked into her house one last time, taking in its last view, its smell, and its memories. 

“She’s a strong girl.” Henry interrupted, slapping the sides of the door while his head poked out of the window.  Etha quickly snapped out of her thoughts and closed the door. She walked and mindlessly got on the front seat. Henry smiled, starting up the engine. Let's go he mouthed as he drove out of the driveway. 

Hawol gently tapped her fingers on the glass, looking out the window. The bright town glistening under the afternoon sun looked so familiar suddenly. All her fears wiped away as her mind replayed only the good, sweet parts of her life there. Most of them consisted of Hwanuk. The things they did together, sunless but bright and inviting. Those exciting evenings where Hwanuk would tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter