11.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I shut them out one day, in the middle of noon. I closed the door and i never looked back….” Hawol sat straight, her face flickered with concern and curiosity. “They had only depended on us. They couldn’t be without us.” Silence filled the air as he tried to string his words and complete his sentence. But nothing worked. 

 

“They died.”

She spoke, in stead of him. In stead of his guilt and fear that was red on his face. She held his hand and rubbed his red knuckles, comforting him wordlessly.  His lips parted into a subtle smile as he settled back and took a deep breath.

 

“One of them practiced witchery and she cursed me to the only thing that she could see before she died. The sun.” he spoke as his dark eyes started to look as if they were pieces of shattered glasses. Crumbling and devastated. His fingers opened a small creak from the metal zinc walls and it gave space for sunlight to puncture through. The pinhole gap allowed a bright yellowish ray into the room as slowly, as Hawol stared silent, he opened his hands under the small ray of light.

“Oh my god…” she gasped at what she saw, a big part of her in disbelief. 

 

 

Hwanuk’s jaws grew tense as he held out his hand under the sunlight. “STOP IT!” she screamed, horrified to see his warm, big hands burning from the exposure. His hands were crumbling li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter