Him

Never Saw It Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ae strolled from the cafe to the main office, noticing that the tables and chairs for the suspended students were gone. He was gone. Min Ae pursed her lips together, checking her phone if she had possibly missed any messages from Jungkook. 

4:10pm 

Jungkook oppa..eodiya.. Min Ae craned her neck to check if he was anywhere nearby. But he wasn't. Her heart plunged to the bottom of her darkened hopes as she slowly walked out of school premises. She took out her earphones and single handedly tried to untangles the mess, already extremely annoyed with the fact that part of her already felt attached to Jungkook. With that, she felt her handphone vibrate. She stopped mingling with the wired mess, and her hand found its way into her pocket to take out her phone. Activating the screen, she saw that Jungkook had sent a message. 

Jungkook: You still in school? 

Min Ae: Anni, i just left school.  

Jungkook:  Stop moving!! 

Min Ae halted in her tracks in the middle of the pathway,  a bicycle almost crashing into her as she stopped. 

"Mianhae." Min Ae embarrassedly bowed to the cyclist who shot her a frustrated glare before cycling away. Min Ae shamefully turned around, only to be greeted by the sight of a loose tie and collars. 

"Oh! Jungkook oppa! " Min Ae's eyes travelled up and saw Jungkook smiling shyly back down at her. She felt her heart do a little dance in her chest as she bit back a smile. How does he look so good even in school uniform?

"Heading home?" Jungkook walked forward, nodding towards her and asking her to continue walking. 

"Ah nae, I have quite a lot of homework to finish, considering the fact that i have 3 sessions of dance practice per week now, i need to handle and manage my time and homework correctly so it doesnt affect my grades. If not, umma and appa will kill me." Min Ae rolled her eyes at the floor, only remembering the stress and pressure her parents had put on her. 

"What do your parents work as? They sound very strict on you. " Jungkook adjusted his bag over his right shoulder before sliding both hands into his pockets. 

"Both are seongsaengnims. Appa's a math professor, and umma's a teacher for the kids in the neighbourhood," Min Ae patiently explained, fiddling with the still tangled earphones.

"Ah geurae? No wonder they are so strict on you, both of them would've been graduates." Jungkook laughed, almost seemingly disappointed in himself for being late and then being suspended. 

"Mollasseo, they've been very strict on me since I entered elementary school. I cried when I got a 75 on a test and refused to go home. My teacher had to call my umma to come pick me up. It was quite embarrassing. " Min Ae laughed, disapproving of her younger self. 

"You got a 75 and cried?" Jungkook made a face at Min Ae. "I get 50s and I don't twitch. What's wrong with you? Dont be so greedy about your marks, Min Ae. " He scratched the back of his neck, considering the difference between himself and the younger girl. The girl clenched down her teeth, hearing her name come out from in between his lips, she wondered what it would be like if it could happen more often. It sounded so soothing.

Before she knew it, they were in the park opposite her block where she lived. Min Ae realised that Yeri's block was the other way around, and with Jungkook still standing by her, she cleared to dismiss the awkward atmosphere and said, "Oppa, your block is the other way around right? Why are you still here?" Just as she finished her last word, a raindrop landed on her cheek, then her eyebrow and her hair. 

"Anni, a boy should send a yoja home right?" Jungkook covered his head with his large palms. 

"It's okay oppa, you can go first. I dont want you to fall sick." Min Ae reluctantly stepped away from Jungkook, signalling him to head home. 

"Arrasseo, be careful!" Jungkook shouted back while crossing the empty road.

Hate science. Hate it! Why do you need to learn about atoms and structures? Its not like you're gonna need it when you head out to work, why cram all this information into your brain now? Min Ae scowled at her science worksheets, her mind giving her exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter