Oppa?

Never Saw It Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ae's heart crunched up from embarrassment and happiness. 

Min Ae: O...oppa?

Jungkook: Nae! Oppa! 

Min Ae: Arrasseo...Jungkook oppa..

Min Ae felt her cheeks heat up.

 

As the bell rang for her lunchbreak, she headed down, hoping to see that boy who managed to pull them so closely together within a span of 24 hours. But, he wasn't where he was supposed to be. Min Ae sat down with her friend, still wondering where Jungkook could've disappeared to. Was he sick? Was he injured? Did something happen at home? The endless possibilities flooded into Min Ae's head and Yeri saw what it was doing to her friend's expression. 

"Rong Min Ae, wae aren't you eating your food?" She nudged Min Ae with her elbow. 

"Jungkook oppa.." Min Ae trailed off.

"Mwo? Jungkook? That punk?! And you're calling him oppa already? What, did you two get together or something?" Yeri waved her broccoli at Min Ae.

"Anniyo. Jungkook Oppa thought it was weird for me to call him sunbae or jungkook-sshi, so he told me to call him oppa. And anyway he's so handsome...he wouldn't fall for me." Min Ae sighed, facing reality that the boy wont ever see her as anything more than a dongsaeng. 

Yeri sighed too, defeated by her friend's anxious expression. She had seen him sitting outside the school's main office because he reported late for school earlier on and was suspended from class for the day. 

"Yah Min Ae, palli mokgo. I know what happened to him." Yeri picked up her apple. 

"Jjinja?" Min Ae's eyes lit up instantaneously, almost at the edge of her seat as if to run off to look for Jungkook. 

"Nae, now hurry up and eat, if not, you're never going to finish that plate of food." Yeri bit into her apple. Min Ae downed everything she had on her plate and finished it before Yeri finished her own apple. Min Ae grabbed the apple and tugged on Yeri's sleeve.

"Oedisseo?" Min Ae jumped to her feet. 

"He's serving suspension outside the school's main office where the cars drop people off. He reported in late for the 3rd time already." Yeri took another bite of her apple and watched Min Ae run off. 

Min Ae looked around, her apple in hand, searching for him. She then spotted a familiar figure lying flat on a table, his body heaving slowly up and down with his breath. She walked over nearer to the boy, and made her way to the side where he was facing, only to see the peace on his face as he slept. Min Ae bit back a laugh and she noticed a trail of drool down the right corner of his mouth as she carefully laid the apple next to his arm when his eyes grew open.

"Annyeong," Min Ae greeted. 

"Oh..Min Ae-ah..what are you...aish... I've been drooling?" Jungkook mumbled to himself, wiping away his saliva with the back of his left hand. Min Ae grimly nodded and as a small smile formed on her lips. 

"Is this for me?" Jungkook pointed at the apple.

"Nae! Since you're serving suspension here..you wont get to eat anything right?" Min Ae laughed. 

"Gomapda. Min Ae ah, i think you should leave..before Lee Seongsaengnim comes out and finds you talking to me. Students aren't allowed to talk to suspended students." Jungkook sighed, biting into the apple. 

"Geurae..annyeong..oppa." Min Ae managed to chok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter