Either It's A Dream...or I'm Dead

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Thanks Kame,” I said quietly.

“You forgot didn’t you?” his teasing smile gleamed in the night.

“No! I…that is...Well, yeah,” I admitted sheepishly.

“I knew it! If you had remembered, you’d have mentioned it by now!” Kame chuckled.

“Thanks,” I said again. Kame shrugged endearingly. 

 

I looked back up at the stars trying to blink back the tears I felt beginning to form. Every time Kame went out of his way to take care of me, I always seemed to get emotional. Normally, I didn't cry much. Kame just had a knack for always finding my water-works.

 

“Well it’s getting late. I should be getting home.” I said clearing my throat to try to mask my sudden change in emotion.

 

“Alright,” Kame willingly complied. He jumped up and started to steer us toward shore.

 

Suddenly, something struck the boat with such force, that it rocked violently. In mere moments, the beautiful night that surrounded us was dashed to pieces. The waves from the sea began crashing into our boat making it pitch precariously. The wind picked up from what had started out as a pleasant breeze, to a roaring, wailing gale. The sky that had glittered with diamonds darkened into a blackness so thick, I could barely make out the length of the boat. The darkness moved  around us as though it were alive.

 

“Kame!” I screamed in fear and panic.

 

I spotted him fighting with the wheel, trying to keep control of the boat, but we were so far out...was it even possible we'd make it back to shore? I couldn't even see the shore through the darkness and the crashing of the unforgiving waves. The ship lurched violently tossing me into the railing. I clung t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter