Through Jonghyun's Eyes (1)

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The girl had collapsed on a dock. I sensed her aura the moment her worn body made it out of the water and onto land. She was barely breathing. That water demon prince wasn’t fit to call himself a demon if the girl was allowed to deteriorate to this condition. I sent my gentle winds to carry her up to the palace. Once there, it would turn into a safe hammock for her to rest in. She could sleep until she was well. I also sent a familiar (a part of my body that is made into a spirit in the shape of me-who looked just like me) to the palace with a message for Key: Guard her and keep her safe.

 

I then proceeded to watch the dark waters from my vantage point amongst the trees. In about fifteen minutes, a young man stepped out of the water. He cast his gaze around violently. His dark brown hair was tangled and clung to his face. He looked pathetic and weak, but if he was a demon-and I knew he was-I also knew that he was not powerless. He was not the prince. I could tell that right off. His aura was not as strong and powerful as a prince’s. Definitely no match against mine. I assumed he was an advisor. I smiled to myself. My winds along with bearing the girl away had also changed the trail they were following. It would buy me a few days with her at least.

 


            Knowing the reckless and impulsive ways of the water demon, I assumed the idiot had tried to force her to love him and it was so obvious that that hadn’t worked out. That meant the girl was the kind that needed to be nurtured and cherished. She was the kind of girl that needed respect and reassurance. I decided to make that my strategy. I smiled grimly to myself. The false trail I had set for the searching water demons had been discovered by this demon. He immediately called out to the sea and within minutes, the prince appeared. He bounded to the shore surrounded by his guards.

 

            “What did you find Kame?” he called out. I purposefully controlled my aura so that it dimmed down-way, way down. No one would notice me, or if they did (which they wouldn't), they wouldn't realize that the demon aura they sensed belonged to a demon price. The demon who had first appeared answered his prince.

 

            “A trail that leads into town, your highness. She must have wandered through town and maybe sought residence there.”

 

            “Very well. Koki, you and Taguchi go back and gather more men. I want her found. She can’t have gotten far. She might be hurt or-“ I saw him choke on the word ‘dying’. My fake ‘trail’ was working. It would buy me a few weeks at the very least by which time I would have the girl under my spell. No girl so far could resist my charm.

 

Once I was sure that those lowly water demons were completely intent on the 'right' trail, I returned home. The morning had arrived. Rosey pink clouds floated lazily by etching my kingdom in a hypnotic light. I nodded to the many servants who bowed as I entered the castle.

 

I could feel that she was awake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter