Distracted

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seeing my distress, Jonghyun said, “Why don’t you ask me anything you want. I promise I won’t lie. Aren’t you at least a little bit curious as to what or who I am? Where you are?” He was obviously trying to distract me and the sad thing was it worked.

 

The ‘castle in the sky’ which is where I was being held, was a veeeeeeery lightweight, but solid palace with few windows.  The interior was beautiful and bright. The outside, I was told, was invisible to humans, and it was behind the sky. Well, to explain more fully, there was a section of the heavens that was impenetrable to every mortal and their machines. Meaning no airplanes, no rockets or spaceships or anything could come into that realm which was ruled by Jonghyun. I privately called it Airtropolis.

 

Every day, I saw wind demons of all kinds. Little fairy men (like Key), and birds of all kinds. At first I thought they were normal birds, until they transformed into glorious humans. One of the captains of the guard, was a great, golden eagle named Minho. He had sleek feathers, sharp eyes, and deadly talons. He flew right into the palace one day, and before my very eyes, transformed into a tall man with a copper complexion and dark hair that trailed to his shoulders. Jonghyun admitted him along with Key into a meeting of ‘high importance’ about some royal thingy or other. Before Minho entered the room, he looked at me and nodded warmly. I didn’t know exactly how it happened, but I knew we had become good friends in that single moment.

 

There were wind spirits, that reminded me of dryads, but they were made out of wind. Occasionally, they could take solid form, and fight. I met one of them who was very kind and playful. His name was Taemin. Lee Taemin. And he danced among the breezes like he was born to fly-which I guess he was. I watched him for hours at a time cheering him on. He had a big ego though and I think my praise made it worse. But one time, he even lifted me off the ground and into the air-dancing with me-helping me fly. It was heavenly!

 

The last type of wind demon was what appeared to be a flying man. Picture Peter Pan, and you’ll get the idea. He was clothed in Greek attire, in a fine, golden cloth and he flew without wings or anything visible to hold him up. I once got up the courage to ask him what type of demon he was. He told me that the Wind Demon’s terms for them were fallen angels. They were fallen angels, because they did not have their wings. Also, when they did earn their wings (by doing a great deed or act) and earned the status of angel, their wings were usually brown, grey, or silver. Never white. So they were never real angels, but that was the closest way to describe them.

 

“You see,” said the man, who I found out later was named Onew, “When I earn my wings, I’ll be a full-fledged angel! Just you wait! I’ll be one!”

 

“I’ll bet you will be,” I smiled at him.

 

“Thanks.” he smiled back. We bonded quickly, and once, he even let me climb on his back and flew me around the palace-since I was never allowed outside.

 

Taemin saw us and decided he wanted to join in the fun. So he immediately assembled a few of the wind spirits (as I called them) and they all listened attentively as I explained to them the rules of tag.

 

“Once you physically touch someone else, you yell, “Tag, you’re it! The object of the game, is not to be touched. Because if you are touched, you are the tagger,” I explained. I was lousy at explaining things like games, but they didn’t seem to mind. They decided that Taemin was it.

 

Normally, there’s a lot of arguing as to whether somebody got tagged or not in a normal ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter