Through Jin's Eyes (5) Gone

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I hate you!” they pierced me like glass slicing my heart into ribbons. I shrank from the bed. Gave her one last look. I closed off the emotions from my face. I couldn’t let her see me like this. I turned and left the room.

 

To distract myself, I threw myself into security preparations. I couldn’t let anything happen to her. I would never forgive myself if I couldn't protect her. She may think me a villain, and maybe I was, but there were legitimate, dangerous threats out there and I wouldn't have her caught somewhere where I couldn't help her. I sent Kame to watch over her, and threw myself into my work late into the night.

 

I was afraid to face her again. Afraid to hurt her. Afraid to make her cry. I didn’t want to go back, so I did everything physically possible to avoid facing her again.

 

But soon, there was nothing left for me to do. Even though I tried everything I could think of-I even offered to help set the table so it would be ready for breakfast in the morning but everyone was scandalized and told me to just go to bed- soon I was outside the door to my bedroom. I dismissed Kame who bowed and swam off.

 

But I still couldn’t bring myself to open the door. I still hesitated. I didn’t want to see her scared, angry face. But I had to go in. I wouldn’t be a man if I couldn’t face her and try to fix it somehow. Tentatively, I reached for the doorknob and cautiously eased it open.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter