My Dilemma

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I don’t think that will be necessary,” a voice as smooth as silk said behind us. Immediately, little fairy man snapped to attention.

            “You’re highness!” he cried.

 

            At his words, I whirled around to face my new enemy. The Wind Demon Prince.

 

            He looked normal to me. He had dark hair that fell forward into his hypnotically brown eyes. His smooth skin-as smooth as his voice-was a light coppery color. He was obviously well muscled and very well-toned, although he was wearing a white tuxedo with gold buttons. His stance was casual and I was relieved to see that he had two legs. Nothing out of the ordinary, unless incredibly gorgeous doesn’t count as ordinary.

 

            “Hello,” he said pleasantly, flashing me a blinding smile. I wasn’t sure if it was because his teeth were so white or if it was the light reflecting of them. I mentioned that there were like a gazillion chandeliers and lamps, right?

 

            “Hello,” I answered automatically. It was a reflex, and I couldn’t exactly concentrate on what I was going to say to him when he was staring at me like that. In spite of myself, my heart couldn’t help reacting just a teensy weensy bit. Which basically means it was palpitating uncontrollably, and the blood was rushing to my face, and my mind was having a hard time concentrating…yeah, like I said, just a teensy weensy bit.

 

            What are you doing letting him get to you? He’s the enemy! THE ENEMY! Remember you’re a prisoner and he only wants to be the demon king. You don’t know him, he doesn’t know you! It’s not a good situation! Red flag! Red flag! Danger, danger, danger!!!

 

            “I’m Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun, but you can call me Bling, if it’s easier to remember,” he offered smiling.

 

            I wondered if his stupid little nickname (I mean come on, Bling? What kind of nickname is that? But then I reasoned, he must be rich if he could afford such nice pizazz like the crystal, and obviously expensive décor) so maybe the nickname fit…MAYBE.

 

            I looked at him and realized he was waiting for a reply, “I’m Addie. Can I come down now?” I asked wondering if evil little fairy man would bite me if I came down.

 

            “Of course,” he replied politely. I wasn’t used to the politeness, I gotta admit. I mean, I was expecting demon but this guy didn’t look dangerous. He fit under the ‘human fashion model’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter