Evil Little Fairy Man

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I tried to stand, but ended up pathetically collapsing. Soon darkness overtook me and I felt a gentle wind stirring the hair around my face, drying me. I sunk into its lull and knew no more.

 

I was warm. Comfortable. It wasn’t too hot or too cold. But it was strange. I felt like I was lying on a cloud. Slowly, I opened my eyes. It was bright. Too bright. I gasped and quickly shut my eyes tightly. That didn’t work, so instead of using my eyes, I felt out with my hands. I wanted to find the edge of the bed so I could sit up, but I felt…nothing! I wasn’t sure what that meant, but I was sure it wasn’t good.

 

            Using a lot of willpower, I forced my eyes open trying to adjust my eyes to the light. I don’t know how I did it, but I sat up. I looked around the room and gasped. It was so beautiful! Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceilings. They made brilliant light along with a million rainbows that danced all around me. Soft velvety red armchairs and couches edged in gold sat against the wall. The table in the center of the room was glass, and the carpets looked soft and plushy. I looked down at what I was lying on and gasped again. Nothing. I was lying in a cocoon of a warm breeze that suspended me from the ground. It was sort of like a breezy hammock made entirely out of air.

 

            I realized at once that I wasn’t in what you’d call an ‘ideal’ situation. For one, I didn’t know where I was, I didn’t know what I was doing here (because the last thing I distinctly remembered was escaping that creepy water demon prince), and most importantly, I didn’t know how to get down! I tried rolling out, but I only succeeded on rolling over. It was like there were invisible walls holding me up. I had managed to sit up, so I tried to stand. I got into a crouching position, but as I tried to go higher, I banged into another invisible air current that sent me sprawling on my back again.

 

            My irritation quickly turned into panic. I started thrashing as much as I could which as you might guess, did absolutely nothing except for swing the hammock thing back and forth.

 

            “Hey!” a small voice squeaked angrily. I froze and looked around wildly. Had I just been imagining it?

 

            “Up here!” the peeved voice directed. I looked up and pushing myself up into a sitting position was finally able to make out a tiny figure about the size of my thumb hovering above the transparent ‘ceiling’ that wouldn’t let me stand up. It was a mini fairy!

 

I blinked a few times and shook my head. Maybe I had hit my head too hard. He was small, and had delicate little wings that were gorgeous and seemed to have frosty patterns on them. He was very tiny, dressed in (get this) mini-ripped black jeans, a teeny coal-black muscle shirt that if I was reading right, said: Swat me! (Is that fairy term for: bite me?) on it, and a frosty-white bandana that was very contrasting against his dark hair and eyes that at the moment were looking at me very annoyed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter