Through Jonghyun's Eyes (2) So That's What a Human Looks Like Up Close

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If she hadn’t looked confused, alone, and intrigued, I would have laughed at the irony of it all. But I figured spontaneously busting up laughing wouldn’t help the situation any. So instead, I decided to make her as comfortable as possible, and that meant dismissing Key.

           

                “Hello,” I figured that ‘hello’ was an acceptable way to lighten the mood.

 

                “Hello,” she replied flushing even more at my disarming smile.

 

                It was all working so far, so I decided introductions were a good idea.

 

                “I’m Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun, but you can call me Bling, if it’s easier to remember,” I said smoothly.

 

                “I’m Addie Can I come down now?” she asked. Direct. I found that refreshing since I had lived my life constantly having people hinting to me what they wanted instead of telling me outright. Only the council was direct. It was the only thing that kept me sane, so finding a similar trait in this girl-Addie- was needless to say, attractive.

 

“Of course,” I nodded and quickly clapped my hands. Instantly, the air around her that had held her prisoner moments before turned into a type of cushioning that let her sail gracefully down to the floor. I had never really interacted with a human before, so I decided to treat her like one of the many girls from my overflowing fan club. That should score some points for me.

 

                “Thanks,” she turned to eye Key warily, and he flitted confidently over to my shoulder. Judging by her eyes going wide, I thought it safe to suppose Key had made a face at her behind my back. What I didn’t expect was her to stick her tongue out back at him! Once she had done it, she froze and looked at me in horror. It was quite evident from her expression that she thought I had misunderstood who she was directing her little, pink tongue at. She was interesting to say the least. I could feel Key laughing silently behind me, and realized that I was supposed to be making her comfortable by dismissing Key.

 

                She really had distracted me! Normally I was the one that distracted people. I was determined to regain control of this meeting. So I said quietly, “Key, thank you for standing guard here while she rested. You may go now.”

 

                “But-“ Key wasn’t laughing anymore. He was not happy at me dismissing him especially in front of Addie. His pride had been hurt. Ah, Key. Always the diva. I smiled internally. Diva. That was just the word for him. But at the moment, I needed to deal with Addie by myself. Key being there, was not helping the situation.

 

                I turned to look pointedly at him, “Key.”

 

                “Yes, my lord,” Key muttered sulkily, turning and leaving the room with the little ‘dignity’ he had left. I smiled fondly after him. I might bash him in my head and even in public at times, but Key was Key, and he was a true friend and a good confidant. I smiled after him fondly as he flounced hurtfully out of the room before returning my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter