Pop Tarts and Dramas

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Although I got a lot of sympathetic hugs and pats on the back, because I hadn’t actually found my parents. I nodded and tried to act my part until class blessedly started again. Haha. I never thought I’d think of class as a blessing before. This just shows you what fraternizing with demons will do to one’s perspective. In my humble opinion, it’s not healthy!!

 

 

“Okay, okay. I apologize.” I snapped irritably at Alan on the way home from school.

 

                “About what?” Alan asked not seeming at all curious which infuriated me. He continued to walk at a brisk pace back towards my house and I was almost jogging just to keep up with him.

 

                “I’m sorry,” I growled, “That I frightened you with the remote and television incident, and then laughed at your comical expression. I didn’t realize you’d take it that seriously. But whether you’re angry or not, that does not give you the right to lie to my friends about us being in a relationship! And did you have to kiss me?!”

 

                “Apology accepted.” Alan said finally after a few moments of silence, “But I didn’t lie to your friends. We are in a very unique relationship, are we not?”

 

                I flushed about five different shades of red and couldn’t think of anything to say to that. We walked along in silence for a while, him leisurely strolling on ahead, me glaring daggers at the pavement in front of me.

 

                “Well you probably didn’t lie about the unique relationship, but you gave all my friends the wrong idea.” I said finally.

 

                “That just depends on your perspective.” Alan shrugged. I gazed at him in amazement mixed with horror.

 

                “Well, look! My perspective matters too, okay? And I fully don’t intend to marry you or anyone else until I fall in love. And I won’t fall in love with a demon!!” I sputtered.

 

                Alan shrugged again and kept walking, “Think what you like, but it won’t change the situation. No matter how stubborn you are, whether it’s me, or any other demon out there, you’ll be hunted. It would be better to wise up right away and figure out that I can protect and care for you.

 

                He just wasn’t listening to me! Or, he was but he just wasn’t caring about my point of view, and determined that his was the correct one.

 

                “Well, I don’t choose you, anyhow,” I mumbled to myself under my breath.

 

                We continued back to the house in silence which was fine by me. Demons could be so infuriating!

 

                Right as I was thinking unkind thoughts about my dark companion, he turned around and gave me a mega-watt smile that left me slightly blinded. “Yah,” he said as if we hadn’t just been arguing, “Let’s go get something to eat.”

 

I stared at him in confusion. How the heck did this guy go from being all cool and in charge and annoying, to having a face that transformed into a brilliant smile that made my heart stutter for a second and asking about food? I really couldn’t follow this guy. But I figured keeping him in a good mood was better than arguing, and having him get all scary and threatening, right? I mean, sure I’ve pushed my luck making demon’s mad, or something like that. But it’s never a good idea, even if it’s me, to push it too much, or who knows what could happen. So I just pretended like his smile was the most natural thing in the world and I smiled right back.

 

“Okay, let’s go home. I’ll give you an amazing food that you’ll get addicted to. Guaranteed.” I held out my right hand in a ‘scout’s honor or I promise’ sign.

 

What food could possibly be that good?” he asked raising an eyebrow at me.

 

“Why the angel’s manna from heaven! It’s the incredible Pop Tart!” I declared.

 

“A Pop-a-what now?” Alan asked.

 

“Wait. You didn’t know about a television, and you don’t know about a Pop Tart?” I asked incredulous.

 

“I do too know things.” Alan retorted defensively, “I just tend to know things that will benefit me later on. I see no use in learning about big boxes that blare noise all the time and such.”

 

“You poor thing!” I said horrified at all this poor demon had been deprived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter