Through Jonghyun’s Eyes (3) Threatened

Dark Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bingo. Jackpot. Whatever you want to call it. She was unutterably, undividedly focused on me. At least this was going according to plan.

 

Everything did go according to plan after that. Addie started making friends with the High Council, and a few other demons. I sat and talked with her whenever I could, sometimes we would tour the palace together. I always made sure I was pleasant and concerned. I believe that she started falling for me right away…at least…I hoped. It was only a matter of time before the water demons realized where she was. They were faster trackers than I thought. I wanted her to be utterly devoted to me by the time they found her; so devoted that she would never want to leave.

 

Then, the thing I knew inevitably would occur happened. I had just had a long conversation with Addie, trying to answer her endless stream of questions. I was tired, and frankly, a little bit irritable. Being patient, and charming all the time, wore me down. So when Key entered my chambers and with an authentic looking scroll made of water-resistant parchment and the page intricately framed with designs of dolphins and seashells, I wanted to burn it instead of reading it. I mean it was obvious (because the note was even here), that they now knew that I had possession of Addie.

 

After a moment’s hesitation, I sighed heavily and snatched up the parchment. Unrolling it, I read the fine inscription on it.

 

Kim Jonghyun~Wind Demon~Price of the Air,

I feel I must tell you of my gratitude that you have kept Addie safe, and not let her come to harm since her escape. I have been terribly worried about her well-being and therefore it is with great relief that I know she is well and properly cared for.

I must confess however, that I am not grateful for the false trail you laid for me and my men. It has caused us to waste our energy and our time. Although I am grateful to you for caring for Addie until now, I must tell you that I am only temporarily leaving her in your care. I am coming within the week-three days’ time, to claim her back. As I knew her and found her first, she is mine, and therefore you must respect the whole ‘first come, first serve’ pardon the expression.

As Addie is my woman, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter