Cucumbers

Mama Baek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Why?

 

Why. ‘why’ is the only word Baekhyun can utter on the whole conversation and irritates him, there are so many questions running inside his head and he needs a lot of answers and explanation he needs to know but the only word that comes out is ‘Why?’

 

Baekhyun releases an annoyed noise before pulling his hair and pull little Kyungsoo up, still can’t formulate the words he wants to say his kick Chanyeol’s shin and points their son and the door hoping the taller will understand his intention.

 

Yelping from pain the taller stands up and get their newly bath, in a small school uniform, and pampered in baby powder son from Baekhyun’s grip.

 

“Mr. Byun ummm… I need to get this squishy to school since I don’t trust school buses and I also don’t want him to get late,” Chanyeol scratch the back of his neck smiling sheepishly at the old man. Baekhyun releases another noise glaring at Chanyeol.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah princess we’re going to leave now.” The giant teased.

 

“Okay, Kyungsoo say a goodbye to your mother and to your grandpapa,” Chanyeol said opening the door with Kyungsoo’s bag inside his left arm waiting for the kid. “Bye mama Baek! Bye grandpapa! I love you!” Kyungsoo kiss on their cheeks and then wave at them before running into his father.

 

“Bye,” Chanyeol flash a toothy smile and closes the door.

 

 

“God, he’s so annoying…” Baekhyun murmurs looking at Chanyeol’s car getting far away from his sight.

 

“Finally, you got your tongue back.”

 

“Oh my eyeliner! Dad! you scare the on me!” Baekhyun clutches on his chest calming himself from the shock. 

 

“What kind of wife are you? Letting Chanyeol off without a goodbye kiss tsk tsk…” Baekhyun flushed holes in his nose getting bigger “I’m not his wife!” the brunet retorts crossing his arms.

 

 

                                        °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

Chanyeol noticed Kyungsoo’s quite the whole ride and only focuses its attention on the hem of its school uniform pouting cutely on his side. “Why are you so quite?” Chanyeol asked stealing glances on the kid “Do you have a problem? Do your classmates bully you again? You can everything to your daddy…”

 

“Come on buddy you can tell me everything…” Chanyeol pursued, the toddler puff his chubby cheeks.

 

“Kyungsoo’s sad…” the kid baby talked.

 

“Why my little Kyungsoo is sad? Hummm…” The kid looked at his father’s face with those big teary eyes.

 

 

                                            °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

 

Mr. Byun just raises his brow and shakes his head on his son’s action, to be specific a girly action. The old man walks into the living room looking at the picture frames hanging on the walls. He noticed that aside from the paintings the only face on the picture frames was his grandson’s photo.

 

There is no Baekhyun on the pictures.

 

There is no Chanyeol on the pictures.

 

And there’s no Family picture.

 

Only Kyungsoo’s baby picture.

 

It pisses the old man.

 

Baekhyun knows that expression; he really knows that expression on his father’s face so Baekhyun immediately run inside the kitchen to get a glass of water and reaches it out to Mr. Byun. The brunet helps his father to sit on the couch.

 

“Did you bring your medicines?” Baekhyun asked the old man nods and shows the small bottle of medicine “Come on quit the face Baekhyun, I know I’m old but I can handle myself I really can’t help my blood pressure with this.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“With this set… with this arrangement,” Mr. Byun sighs pinching his nose bridge. “Baekhyun, is this what you give to your son? Is this the family you want to show him cause son it not, I don’t your still angry at that big guy (Chanyeol. I know everything… he told me everything… you how good I am to know if the person if their lying and Chanyeol’s telling the truth the sincere is there, the guilt is there, his plans were great and his a great person no doubt I said yes to his offer…” 

 

 

Baekhyun chokes on his own saliva, looking at his father’s face with a are-you-kidding-me?-face. The old man grins.

 

Once again, Baekhyun loss his tongue and only he can do is to utter some noise.

 

“Stop acting like a girl, stop playing hard to get your not a teenager son.” Mr. Byun laughs.

 

“I am not playing hard to get!” Baekhyun complains.

 

“The guy loves you and so does your son,” Baekhyun frowns “you know how much I hate to talk about things to you it’s awkward… super awkward and besides his here to take a good care of Kyungsoo don’t drag me with his responsibility on our son.”

 

“Awkward? We’re talking like a father and daughter do” Mr. Byun shushes the brunet when it tries to complain about calling him his daughter “his responsibility is the two of you, I’m talking here as a father… I didn’t marry your mother because I only want to have a child; I marry your mother because I love her and because I know she’ll be a perfect partner and a mother.” Mr. Byun smiled holding his son’s delicate hands.

 

“The difference is you love mom, mom love’s you and I don’t love Chanyeol.” 

 

Mr. Byun press together his lip into a thin before looking directly at Baekhyun’s eyes “you’re such a , son.” Baekhyun opens his mouth to fight back when Mr. Byun says it again. “I’m not a ! And geez dad where did you get and learn that word from?”

 

“it doesn’t mean that I’m old I don’t have the right to know such a word and act like your age, you know your brother has pretty bad mouth…” The old man explains and shrugs a bit.

 

Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter