Paper Cut

Does He Hate Me Or Not? { ON HIATUS }

 

"I hate you," somebody said.

We turned to see Kiseop glaring at us, from the entrance of the buliding.

He just ruined it, urgh.

"Well, I hate you too," I shouted, standing up. "I don't understand why you have horrible mood swings and I don't know why you hate Eli so much. He hasn't done anything wrong, and you keep behaving like this. I hate it that I can't talk to Eli peacefully without you giving glares at us all the time. I hate it when you're nice to me one day, and the next, you become mean to me. I hate everything about you, okay?" 

I ran off, not knowing where I was going.

I didn't get far. The wind was blowing hard, and when I ran, it was as if the wind was hitting me in the face, making me feel colder.

I found a bench and sat there.

It was the first time somebody confessed to me, and Kiseop just had to ruin the moment.

He didn't have to ruin it just because he hated Eli did he? Who did he think he was? Stupid Kiseop. Stupid Kiseop. Stupid Kiseop.

"Jiyoung!" somebody called out for me. Obviously it was Eli.

I forced a smile out at him. 

He was carrying my bag, and was jogging up towards me.

"Let's just go home, okay?" he smiled and took my hand, helping me stand up.

"Uh, can I not? I don't wanna go home and then see his face," I objected.

He shrugged, but nodded.

"So where do you wanna go?" he asked.

"Your place?" I suggested.

---

We had been at his place for quite some time, and I had lost track of the time. We had been in his room, since his family was downstairs.

My phone started ringing.

"Somebody's calling," Eli said, passing the phone to me.

"Who?" I asked as I took it from him.

'Lee Kiseop' the caller ID read.

I rejected the call and put the phone down beside me.

"Who was it? Kiseop?" Eli guessed. I nodded. 

"I hate him," I've been saying the same thing every now and then. 

"I know, and I'm starting to hate him too," Eli replied.

I nodded my head.

My phone started ringing again, but it was Mrs Lee calling this time.

I sighed but picked it up, not wanting to be rude. "Hello?" I lifelessly answered.

"Jiyoung where are you?" It wasn't even Mrs Lee's voice. It was Kiseop's.

"What do you want, Kiseop? I'm at Eli's, okay, just leave me alone." I hung up immediately and turned my phone off.

"So what do you wanna do now?" Eli asked.

 I eyed my bag. "Let's... Open the presents?" I suggested.

I brought my bag closer to me and started taking each present out.

I was trying to open Kevin's present, but my finger got cut by the wrapping paper.

"Ouch!" I examined my finger and blood was oozing out.

"Ah blood!" I exclaimed.

Eli took my hand and looked at the cut.

He stood up and went outside, then came back in with a band-aid.

He sat beside me, took my hand and wiped the blood off my finger. I winced at the slight pain.

He laughed. "It's just a small cut." 

"Yeah but it hurts." 

He carefully wrapped my finger with the band-aid.

"Thank you," I said when he was done.

He smiled. "You have soft hands," he laughed, holding my hand again.

And my face started turning red, again. 

I didn't know why, but I think I'm starting to like him more than before.