Getting To Know You

Because Everything May Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

8

(Third Person P.O.V)


“Just remember that Quantum theory involves Electromagnetic radiation, particle duality and photoelectric effect. I think it will be more easier to memorize it that way.” Kibum pointed out to the almost frustrated Jonghyun. He was tutoring him for the last thirty minutes and the other guy seems to get irritated easily. He was already fuming even though only a small period of time passed since we started.

 

“Aish… Can’t I just really remember that Quantum theory is about diffent effects of particles.’ Than memorizing all that stuff about radiation and what so ever?” Jonghyun leaned over to Kibum making the other one blush because of how close their faces were.

 

While Kibum was feeling a little uneasy, the other one was feeling the opposite. He was actually amazed by how beautiful the blonde guy’s face looked up close. It was breathtaking. Kibum’s face was so addicting for Jonghyun that he just couldn’t take his eyes off of the guy. Funny how he didn’t even noticed that before.

 

Maybe because you were trying to not notice it?

 

Shut up!

 

Just accept the hard truth and stop being in denial.

 

I just like him as a friend.

 

No, you don’t and you know that.

 

“Uh, earth to Kim Jonghyun.” Kibum waved his hands in front of Jonghyun’s face, making the guy snap out of his the thoughts that we’re battling inside his head. Which by now he hates. His thoughts always seem to know the answer to his questions just before he could even figure them out by himself. “I think we should just continue this tomorrow.”

 

“Uh, we can still continue it now.” Jonghyun said hesitantly, there was a part of him that didn’t want to part for Kibum, just for a little more amount of time.

 

Kibum raised an eyebrow at him. “With your kind of focus today, I think you won’t learn anything.”

 

Jonghyun sighed and leaned back on his chair. “Uh, okay… Though, just a little break then we’ll start again.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Hm.” Jonghyun mumbled, rubbing his temples with his fingers. A guy having feeling for another guy? This is fantastic. As if life wasn’t difficult before.

 

“Is there something bothering you?” Kibum asked, his smooth voice was full of concern that it caught Jonghyun’s attention.

 

He was kind of happy that even though he did all that kind of things to the other guy, Kibum was still nice to him. If he only knew what a great guy Kibum was before, he wouldn’t have done that to him. I was such a jerk.

 

Jonghyun shook his head and smiled sweetly at Kibum. “Nothing, I was just thinking about something. By the way, why didn’t you even try to defend yourself against all of the people who were bullying you before? Why didn’t you even speak up to us?”

 

Kibum rolled his eyes at him. “Uh, is it not obvious? My parents had always taught me to ignore the people who were always bullying me. I believed that people’s words can’t actually hurt me if I don’t let it get under my skin. They’re just words after all. Nothing to be afraid of, really.

 

Jonghyun suddenly felt guilty. It was true that he had always teased Kibum when they were kids, he just thought that Kibum was… cute. Too cute for a boy. But, when he reached second grade. he got scared of trying to have a different view on things and thinking that other boys are cute is a big no-no.

 

“Uh, sorry about that again.”

 

Kibum chuckled. “I said I already forgive you, right? So, enough with apologizing. Everyone makes mistakes but what makes them alright is that they realize their own wrong doings. That goes for you too, Jonghyun-ah. After all, everyone should be given a second chance.”

 

Jonghyun smiled, Kibum was so nice and caring that it makes Jonghyun glad that he finally woke up from the truth. “You know, you’re a great guy. I can’t help but feel bad for making fun of you before.”

 

Kibum blushed making Jonghyun think of how cute he was when blushing, that adorable cheeks of his turning into the shade like the color of an apple. “U-uh, Thank you… I also know you’re a nice guy, I met that part of you a long time ago… even though I thought you turned into a big jerk.”

 

“Well, I did indeed turn into a big jerk. But now I won’t ever make fun of you, everybody needs a change of heart, right?” Jonghyun smiled proudly.

 

“Right.” Both of them laughed together. Then silence. Kibum couldn’t help but look at Jonghyun’s direction, their gazes met as he did.

 

“Just to clear things up, I’m not planning to use you or anything of that sort. I didn’t apologize so you would tutor me again.”

 

“Yeah, I understand. Don’t worry, I’m sure I won’t misunderstand anything, you dinosaur.” Kibum said as he smiled, making the older guy’s heart thump crazily.

 

“W-well, sorry for wanting to be clear here.” Jonghyun said, poking his tongue out at Kibum.

 

“Yah, I was just kidding.” Kibum snorted, shaking his head in the process. “I was just teasing you. But, I seriously understand what you mean. I actually believe that I can trust you, so don’t worry.”

 

“Why?”

Please log in to read the full chapter