Couple Trouble

Because Everything May Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

15


(Taemin’s P.O.V)

 

“W-what?” I shouted at Minho who was on the other line. “A-are you going nuts?!”

 

I heard him sigh again. “But… It’s the only way Taemin… My dad… He’s going to do something again… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

I in my lips just to help myself from not crying. “I… I thought y-you said that you’ll fight for me, Minho-ah?...” A single tear escaped from my eyes. “But why do you want us to run away? I thought you said that… I… O-our r-relationship is worth f-fighting for? Just why would you want us to run away from all of this once again? You shouldn’t have… W-we.. shouldn’t have tried to fix this once more if this is going to start all over again.”

 

“Taemin…” I tried to not sob but my body was like a melting candle. A loud sob escaped from my lips and the tears trickled down on my cheeks. “P-please don’t cry… Please… Taemin...”

 

I harshly wiped away my tears and heaved a deep sigh. “Let’s not talk about this matter over the phone… Meet with me after school…”

 

“Hmm..okay. where would we meet?”

 

“Meet me in Myungdong.” I tried so hard to not stutter, I have to show him I can be strong for us… for him. “I’ll meet you there at 5.”

 

I heard another sigh. “Okay. We really have to talk about this in person.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Bye”

 

“Bye, Minho.” I slumped down on the floor of the rooftop and cried hard to myself when I heard the click sound on the other line, indicating that Minho already turned off the call.

 

Just how many painful things should happen before Minho and I find our happy ending? I’m tired, I don’t want to be hurt again. I don’t want to cause Minho anymore trouble. I want to spend my days happily with the guy that I love. Without complications or anything to separate us. But when will that happen? I’m getting tired of all of it…

 

I hugged myself as I cried my heart out. The pain was stabbing my heart and tearing it into pieces. But I need to cry everything out so that I can be strong for anything that could happen…

 

I just wish Minho will do the same…

 

(end of Taemin’s P.O.V)

 

(Third Person P.O.V)

 

Minho heaved a very deep sigh as he laid down on his bed inside his own apartment. He skipped his class that day because he feels upset about everything that happened. He just learned that his father had decided to marry him off to one of the daughters of his father’s business partner.

 

He sighed again deeply when he remembered their conversation the previous night.

 

-flashback-

 

Minho arrived in their house at a late hour. He walked up the stairs and before his room, he had to pass his father’s office door. As he passed, he heard a male voice come from the door.

 

“Minho, come in here.”

 

It was Minho’s father. He grunted and went inside his father’s office.

 

“Staying up late as always, dad?” Minho asked.

 

“Of course I’m staying up late. Someone has to make money in this household,” Mr. Choi said bluntly.

 

Minho only rolled his eyes. He knew what his father meant. His father indirectly said that he was still a child and wasn’t responsible enough. That becoming Vice President would help him learn blah blah blah blah.

 

‘Why does he have to expect so much from me? Ugh…’ complained Minho in his mind.

 

“Son, why did you leave? I wanted to talk to you.”

 

“I had to do something important.”

 

“What’s more important than the company, son?”

 

‘Taemin…’ Minho replied in his mind again. That’s what he wanted to respond to his dad’s question, but, he knew he couldn’t just blurt out his feelings for someone, let alone another man. If his father knew that he and Taemin are back together nobody knows what will happen next, Minho would probably never see Taemin again.

 

He remained quiet. It’s not yet the time for his father to know the truth…

 

Mr. Choi sighed at his son’s silence, “You’ve really become different, Minho. Where’s the son that I taught how to calculate demand and supply when he was only twelve?”

 

“…He died a long time ago, Dad.”

 

Mr. Choi was flabbergasted to hear such words from his own son. “Minho, what are you saying now?”

 

“I don’t want to be the Vice President. I keep telling you over and over. It’s not my dream.”

Please log in to read the full chapter