Tutoring Mr. Don't-approach-me-cos-i'm-straight Kim Jonghyun

Because Everything May Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

2

(Key’s P.O.V)

 

It hac been an hour since the school bell rang, it indicated that school was over for the day. But I am still here, inside this stupid classroom, tutoring Mr. don’t-approach-me-cos-I’m-straight Kim Jonghyun. I smirked while I watched him frown and sigh because of the problems that I gave him. I was actually enjoying this, too bad Taemin had to go home early today.


=flashback=


“W-what! You want him to tutor me in Chemistry?!” Jonghyun practically shouted in the face of our Chemistry adviser, Mr. Hwang. “Just please find someone else to tutor me! Anyone! Just not that !”

 

“Watch your language, Mr. Kim!” Mr. Hwang shouted back, as stern as he could do. “I chose Mr. Kibum to tutor you because he literally has the highest grade in my subject! And he’s the only person I know that is smart enough to teach someone like you. I know that if I choose some girl from you class, she would just space out with you.”

 

Jonghyun glared at me, his eyes has a sort of fierceness in them that made him look really hot. As much as I want to mentally slap myself because of my thoughts, I chose to shrug it off and just smirk at him.

 

“Oh. By the way, Mr. Kim. If you still fail in my subject, I’ll have to drop you out of my class the whole year. You’ll have to take it again next year. You already had an ‘F’ in this subject last year and I can’t let you through again! Once is enough, no more giving chances.” Mr. Hwang threatened him. Then he turned to look at me. “I hope it wouldn’t be so much of a trouble on your part, Kibum.”

 

“Oh. It wouldn’t be much, Mr. Hwang.” I gave him a reassuring smile.

 

“Ok. Now that I already told you what I wanted to say, you can start your first tutoring session.” Jonghyun let out an infuriated sigh before storming out of the faculty room. I followed smugly behind him.

 

“Where do you want to conduct the tutoring session?” I asked him.

 

He gave me a disgusted look, before he heaved a deep sigh. “Can’t I just find someone else to tutor me?”

 

“You can. Except, I was the only one who agreed to help you. Everyone knows that you so much in Chemistry, it would be really difficult to help you pass.” I said, adjusting my designer bagpack on my shoulder. “So, stop whining and let’s see how bad you really are, shall we?”

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Ugh. Okay, fine. You win this time!”

 

“Let’s study at our classroom.” I walked first while he just followed behind me.

 

 You, Kim Jonghyun will have a hard time while I’m tutoring you.

 

=end of flashback=

 

“Yah! Why are you smirking!” Jonghyun stared straight into my eyes, it was as if he had hoped to scare me out. Though, it didn’t really  work. Just how can I be scared of him if I can only think of how cute he looked like with that angry face of his.

 

 “What kind of questions did you give me?! They were so hard! Are you sure this was one of our lessons in Chemistry?!”

 

“Aish… This would be harder than I originally hoped.” I sighed and took away the test papers from his hands. “I’ll let you answer this next time. Let’s just take it orally for now.”

 

“Whatever,” Jonghyun mumbled and leaned back in his chair. I couldn’t help but mentally sigh because of his arrogant attitude. Jerk.

 

I gave him a look and shook my head before I looked back at my laboratory notes. “Let’s start with simple ones. Name the reaction when heat is absorbed by the system?”

 

“Exothermic?”

 

“No.”

 

“Uh, hmm… Endothermic reaction?”

 

I looked at my notes again. Then, I nodded. “Made up of two or more elements combined chemically in definite proportions?”

 

“Uh… ” Jonghyun paused. I started to make a sound, like the ones a countdown timer makes. “Aish… Just wait! I’m still thinking!.... I got it!” he smiled proudly. “The answer is Compound elements!”

 

“Reaction when heat is released into the system?”

 

“Exothermic reaction?”

 

“Good. Another one.” I said before turning the page of my notebook. “It states that the weight of the gas dissolved at a given amount of a liquid is directly proportional to the pressure exerted by a gas which is in equilibrium with the solution.”

 

“ Ah! I know that. It’s Henry’s Law!” he beamed in.

Please log in to read the full chapter