Can't hold back anymore

Because Everything May Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

11

(Key’s P.O.V)

 

“What happened to your right cheek? Why is it swollen?”

My body froze when I heard Jonghyun’s question. I tried so hard to hide the swollen side of my cheek that Jessica slapped, a few minutes ago. But despite of my efforts, I know that I failed at hiding it. I didn’t even expect that Jonghyun would notice the swelling, but he still did. It made my heart flutter.

A bit… Well, maybe much more.

I bit my lower lip and just lied to him. “U-uh… I-it’s nothing… I-I just fell down on my way here… y-you know how my c-car is in the r-repair shop right now, right?” I swallowed, hoping he would buy it. “S-so I fell down while walking… b-because I had c-cramps ‘cos I walked too far… A-and yeah…”

Jonghyun sighed and leaned towards me, I bit my lower lip again. I flinched when his fingers grazed on my swollen cheek, I don’t know if it’s because my cheek is swollen or if it is because his touch sent shock to my skin.

“You should’ve put an ice pack on it so that it wouldn’t swell so much.” Jonghyun stood up and walked out the room. I just waited curiously for him to return as I rubbed my hand on my swollen right cheek.

I must’ve looked like a wreck that Jonghyun even noticed it.

After a while, Jonghyun came back to the room with an ice pack on his hand. I gasped faintly and I almost forgot how to breathe when he kneeled in front of me then caressed my cheek before placing the ice pack on it. I just looked down on my feet as he continue to kneel in front of me. My heart was beating so loudly that I think I can go deaf with its sound.

“Please be careful next time Kibum. Okay?” There was a warm sensation on his voice that made me feel like warmth was splashing inside me. I raised my head and tried to look at him, but I realized what a wrong thing I just did. Jonghyun’s face was just inches away from mine and I can feel his warm breath on my face. He was staring at me intensely, as if he’s trying to decipher something.

“A-araso…” I managed to answer even though I stuttered. I bit my lower lip and looked away. His stare makes my heart beat faster and faster. Jonghyun sighed then he surprised me when he suddenly kissed me on the forehead.

“Good boy.” Jonghyun smiled at me before standing up and ruffling my hair.

I laughed, he made the awkwardness disappear with his smile. I playfully pouted at him. “Do I look like a dog to you, Kim Jonghyun?”

He grinned and sat beside me in his bed. “Well, you looked like a lost little puppy for me. You can be cute all the time, but you can also be dangerous and foolish at times. Which, by the way still makes you look cute.” I don’t know why his laugh always sounded so smooth in my ears, but that’s just fine with me. I have loved this caring and nice guy for a long time, and just being friends with him will be so much fine with me.

“Should we skipped the tutoring session, since my tutor-slash-little puppy is injured?”

I pouted at him but then I nodded my head. “Great! I’d like that too.”

“Aigooo! you look so cute!” Jonghyun hugged me gently that made my face blush at his touch. His touch and his hug feels so comfortingly nice. “Let’s watch movies for now, is that fine with you?”  Jonghyun smiled brightly when I nodded again at him.

“Yay!” He broke the hug and danced like a fool which made me laugh so hard that I was already clutching my

Please log in to read the full chapter