Sudden Change Of Heart

Because Everything May Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

6

You can play this song as you read for a better atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cic6j8kMObA
 

(Taemin’s P.O.V)

 

I almost jerked up from my seat when someone covered my eyes using their hand, also making me heave a long sigh.

 

I know that fragrant smell. I have memorized that smell a long time ago. It belonged to person who still has my heart, it belonged to Choi Minho. Him and me used to be classmates at my old school, until we became best friends and eventually, we fell in love with each other.

 

Minho is a really nice guy, even coming from a prominent family, he’s dependable and takes responsibility of his action. He also cares so much for my well being and he loves me, no matter what other people say about him.

 

“Minho-hyugn I know that it is you, so will you please remove your hands from my eyes?” I said, wishing that he doesn’t notice the longing and the hint of sadness in my voice.

 

The other guy removed his hands on my eyes and sat by the bunk of my bed. Just like all of the old times, when we used to hang out in my room. “Aren’t you struggling? Do you need help with your school works, baby Minnie?”

 

I paused, biting my lower lip to stop myself from the feeling that was looming over me. I missed his smile, I missed the sound his voice and everything about him.

 

My heart ached by how much I missed Minho calling me that, but I have to accept that he shouldn’t anymore. I sighed once again, scooting my chair backward to look at the guy sitting by my bed.

 

“I told you before that you should stop calling me that, Minho… Especially now that we’re not together anymore…” I saw disappointment passed by his eyes but it quickly vanished. But why be disappointed? “And I’m doing find, I don’t actually need any help with my assignments. I was just about to be finish when you arrived.”

 

A moment of silence passed between the two of us.

 

“Why should I stop calling you that, Taemin?” I looked down at the floor when I sense the sadness in Minho’s voice. He only calls me by my name when he’s upset, now maybe he is.

 

“Even though we’re not still together…” He said gently, pausing as he plopped down on my bed. “You know that I still care for you because no matter what you or they say, to me, you’re still precious.”

 

“Minho…”

 

“Do you know how much I miss you at school? Why did you have to transfer schools if everything’s alright? Why did you have to leave me?”

 

I sighed and looked straight in his gorgeous doe eyes. “That’s for the best.”

 

Minho also sighed, then he stared back at me. Different emotions can be seen on his doe eyes, “For the best, huh?”

 

I gulped two times before I nodded my head at him and stared back at the floor. I don’t want to see the sadness in his eyes anymore. I don’t want to feel the ache that his sad face causes me.

 

I have to lie, I have to show him that I’m not hurt. That I can do without him…

 

Even though you really can’t do that?

 

I bit my lower lip as silence filled my room, then after a few minutes,  I heard a light snore. A sigh escaped my lips and rubbed the back of my neck.

 

He fell asleep on my bed again, like all of the other times that he did. I stood up and covered his body with my black and blue blanket, staring at him as he sleep. For a guy, to look so beautiful while he sleep like that was like a dream.

 

I heaved a deep sigh as I sat down again on the chair of my study table, I opened my drawer  and took out a photo of Minho and I. It was a photo taken at our very first date, it was one of the most magical night of my life.

 

If only your family can accept the fact that you love me and I love you, if only we met on a different time, on a different situation, we could’ve still be as happy as before.  I quickly wiped away the tears that slid down my cheeks.

 

 I have to show Minho that I’m strong enough so that he could move on. 

 

It would be the best for the both of us…

 

(end of Taemin’s P.O.V)

(Third Person’s P.O.V)

 

Minho rubbed both of his sleepy eyes as he looked around the room he was currently in. Like a force of habit, he could still fall asleep on that bed that has Taemin’s scent all over it, even after a year of his and Taemin’s break up.

 

He slowly sat up, only to see that Taemin fell asleep while doing his school work. A smile crept up on Minho’s face, how he like seeing his baby Taemin sleep like a little child. His beautiful eyes adorned by black, long lashes. His cute nose. His naturally pink lips. How much he wanted to claim that sweet lips again.

 

He sighed for like the nth time that day. Too bad Taemin is not anymore.

 

Minho just stood there, he just want to keep on staring at him. He missed him so much that it hurts when he doesn’t get to see the younger guy at school anymore. Minho sadly heaved a sigh, he still love the little guy but he knows that Taemin did this for the sake of the two of them, he has to do the same.

 

Minho’s father would never accept the fact that his son was gay, and that he was in a relationship with his best friend’s cousin. So his father decided to mess them up. At first Minho threw a fit, but his father threatened him that he would do something bad to the guy he love if he kept on with their relationship.

 

All those months of happiness they experienced was cut short. One day, Taemin just told him that if Minho’s father doesn’t want him for his son, it would be the best if they break up, even though Minho knew Taemin doesn’t want that.

 

He didn’t want Minho’s relationship with his father be ruined, so he sacrificed his own happiness.

 

And that was what is making Minho’s heart break. He now hated the fact that Taemin chose to hide his sadness away, under a fake smile. Hates the fact that he can’t have Taemin back because he’s scared that his father might do something bad to the guy that he loves.

 

It has been a year since the break up happened, but whatever Minho does it only reminds him of the days that he spent with his dearest Taemin. He still love the little guy, even though he knows that Taemin was in fact hurting every time they see each other, he just couldn’t stay away.

 

He hated himself too, but he promised that he will remain by Taemin’s side. He also swore that he wouldn’t let his father touch even a single strand of Taemin’s hair.

 

Minho leaned over Taemin to kiss the little guy on the lips before whispering. “I love you, sleep well. My baby Taemin.”

 

Please hang on until I’m strong enough…

 

 

Jonghyun smiled to himself as he flipped through his yearbook, but his smile quickly vanished when he realized the reason of it. He hadn’t realized it before, but he had really been stupid. Allowing other people to influence his own thoughts and views. He was such an idiot.

 

He flipped the yearbook back to the page where he saw Kibum’s photo. Kibum and him we’re only in middle school at that time. The guy still had his black longish hair, slightly high cheekbones, his dimpled smile, cute perfectly shaped nose, and his perfectly shaped sweet lips.

 

A smile crept up his face again, but quickly vanished for the second time.

 

Aish! Why the hell are you smiling like that to yourself, K

Please log in to read the full chapter